The All New Hat > The Bookie Thread

1 hour ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm surprised you two did. Yes they are rightly favourites but 2/5? That's a 5/6 or 10/11 shot in my book, still favourites (2/1 being the mathematical possibility) but again low odds being perhaps more influenced by H2H rather than the formbook.

Hope they do as it's the team I support but just don't see four tenths as good value for a team with only one point from the last possible 15. As I wondered a month or so back (something I hadn't noticed previously), the bookies may put more stock on previous meetings than current form. They do make mistakes of course but they're rarely wrong. 

Studes pick, he can pick who he wants. I wouldn't have but let's see what happens.

Not had a huge amount of time to study anything this week so not hugely confident on anything today. But I was hugely confident in my WSG pick and my research on it and they got beat so let's see.

24 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Tell ye Don, I noticed on the other thread that the odds had dropped on some of the acca picks. As you know, I've been emphasising the value of punting early. Here's another example;

52-D56-B09-5400-4377-9-DDE-EFBE5-E3690-E

I put on my punts on Saturday for today and the odds for these three are now 1/2, 9/20 and 2/11. The return I'm getting is 52.9% more than if I placed this bet right now. Something to be aware of. 

Fair point and punting min.

I've been fairly distracted over the festivities. Stand by my picks though.