The All New Hat > The Bookie Thread

Start of season Mansfield well fancied for League 2,shit manager sacked Nov.Nigel Clough brought in when they 3rd bottom.H ad a look at odds to still be promoted anyway(playoffs best hope) 20/1.

Had a £20 on,now down to 12/1 and 10/1 in places after Clough has got them going.Up to over mid table now 6 points off playoffs.

Nicky Maynard to bang them in rest of season.

3 hours ago, Dad said:

Mansfield were one of three I picked to win the bottom three leauge is england (with portsmouth and bournemouth); their start was frustrating to say the least.

Only 10 points off the top now though TT son - the march is on ? 

Aye Clough working his magic like he did taking Burton up to the Championship,and keeping them there for three seasons.

Maybe you should have a wee saver to cover your bets,they still 10/1 for playoffs promotion.

Don't know if you guys are still doing this but I said I'd chip in every now and then with a wee suggestion. 

I think Southend look tempting today away at 5/2 v Grimsby. Bottom two in the league, Southend being bottom. 

4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat since start of December. 

Grimsby have played more games over that period and had 1 win, 2 draws and 8 defeats. 

37 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's brilliant value for the reasons you gave - recent form. Only 1 win in 10 x away games is why the odds are higher than mathematical possibility so whilst not a pick that fits any "nailed-on" category, still a very good speculation. 

I've made a personal balls out pint on them, Livi and Cheltenham for a fiver just for a bit of fun today. Pays £190. 

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Fuck sake. Almost 40/1 shots rarely land. That's playing into the bookies hands. Good luck.

I think one of the reasons they might've given up is that it takes a lot of effort to beat the bookie and strip back the element of luck. As I said before, I didn't think it was worth it spending that amount of time to make less than we could stacking shelves. Only got back into it a couple of months ago and bored already by it, learning nothing new and same old patterns of wins and losses at the exact same ratios. I'll do it to prove a point but 5/2 shots, they are cream, not milk. 

I don't expect it to land but if it does then it's a bonus. I like cream!

This is not my usual type of bet, just a wee bit of fun. Fuck all else to do!