Jim McLean

Sturrock was a great player, could play left wing and up front, socks round the ankles and a local loon, was born in Ellon. 

But that whole squad was kept together and journeymen like Holt, Kirkwood. Beaumont, Beedie, , Clark, and the front line was nothing spectacular apart from Sturrock, Gallagher, and Dodds, who were scotland internationals, Tommy coyne, at that time a young striker signed from Clydebank, Iain Ferguson who had been nothing more than decent at Dundee and Rangers, 

Indeed if I recall correctly the squad of that early to mid 80s would read

Mcalpine. Thomson, gardiner, main. 

Gough, Hegarty, Malpas, Narey, Clark, mcginniss, Beaumont, 

Redford, Kirkwood, milne, mcinally, Bowman, Beedie, Holt. Bannon, milne. Mckinlay, Taylor, 

Gallacher, Sturrock, Dodds,  coyne, Ferguson, Rielly,

To think that group of players had Dundee utd ranked in uefa top 10 clubs in Europe for the whole of the 80s is astounding. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I liked McLean’s response when Richard Gough left Dundee Utd.

En route to London to talk to Chelsea & Spurs, Gough called McLean for advice on who to sign for.

McLean’s reply was “I don’t give give a fuck. You’re leaving Dundee Utd, you can fuck off”. 

Brilliant ?

12 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

That Dundee United defence,  gough, Malpas, Hegarty, Narey,  would under any other circumstances that 4 would be the Scottish defence,  hard to think that Hegarty and Narey weren't good enough. 

Those two had Lineker and Hughes in thier back pockets in that run to the uefa Cup final, 

And I'm not ashamed to admit I was delighted to see them get to the final some of those performances in that run were fantastic 

Nothing to be ashamed about at all there EB4B, recognising a fellow so called smaller team at that time like even we were referred to despite our success on the achievements they earned. Such a shame that those disgusting cretins on either side of Glasgow had to find new depths to cheat their way to ruining our game especially the dead club. We will sadly never see the likes of the New Firm or anything like that again in our lifetime as long as the top brass are in charge and allow unfair playing fields 

50 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I liked McLean’s response when Richard Gough left Dundee Utd.

En route to London to talk to Chelsea & Spurs, Gough called McLean for advice on who to sign for.

McLean’s reply was “I don’t give give a fuck. You’re leaving Dundee Utd, you can fuck off”. 

??

13 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Who was the actual better team during that period?

We won more trophies, but were their results arguably better?

Mclean seemed to turn the whole sorry club around whereas Ferguson had a solid foundation,  fair to say?

I like to think that both Ferguson and mclean had an even begrudging respect for each other as it would be easier for 2 clubs rather than just one to crack the Glasgow 2?

You REALLY are clueless.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Mclean seemed to turn the whole sorry club around whereas Ferguson had a solid foundation,  fair to say?

I like to think that both Ferguson and mclean had an even begrudging respect for each other as it would be easier for 2 clubs rather than just one to crack the Glasgow 2?

Really ?

• Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

He was from larkhall 

one of the roughest hun parts of the country 

18miles born from glasgow so pedantic point, he’s not exactly from Aberdeen Is he?

No, you’re right he’s not from Aberdeen. Has anyone claimed he was? What’s that got to do with anything? 

He’s also not from Glasgow.

The ML post code is a clue.

Nothing pedantic about it really,  just fact. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Utter fucking nonsense from you.

YET AGAIN.

Delete your account you clueless arsehole. 

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No, you’re right he’s not from Aberdeen. Has anyone claimed he was? What’s that got to do with anything? 

Cool just Ericblack4boss mentions paul sturrock being a local lad from Ellon which is 15 miles away from Aberdeen? 
but McLean isn’t a local lad from glasgow 18 miles away from glasgow ?

different rules employed to suit narrative a see, mind facts are facts 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
48 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

East Kilbride has a 'G' postcode, but isn't Glasgow...??‍♂️?

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A Royal Mail address will say East Kilbride, Glasgow. Yes? 

Anyway, let’s not get away from the main point.

The resident retard was wrong, yet again. 

As he is with just about everything. 

Need to take your word for it Pat. If it did say that, it would be wrong.

im just making the point that your post code argument didn't really work. ?

I'll say this again - it amazes me how so many here have such a disdain for Glasgow/south of Stonehaven, but seem to know so much about the areas, and have such a fascination with them!

1 minute ago, DD1903 said:

Easy Kilbride has a 'G' postcode, but isn't Glasgow...??‍♂️?

Was just checking famous folk from Aberdeen there and they have 

Annie Lennox, paul Laurie,Denis law(only impressive one)Forbes as in the magazine founder as there most notable

ayrshire has 

Robert burns (arguably best poet)and credited in creating the worlds most well known and sung song)

alaxander Fleming penicillin used worldwide and the precursor to medicines

macadam-created tarmac for roads worldwide

bill shankly (football king)

robert the Bruce (king)

itl be the last time a hear what the fuck has Ayrshire provided to the world a real shithole,about 5 times smaller than Aberdeen with about 5x more creative, intellectual people of worth historically.

doesn’t matter anyway as we have the most eminent person that hails from Ayrshire that is recognised throughout the world, most valued Scot Robert burns 

• Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Need to take your word for it Pat. If it did say that, it would be wrong.

im just making the point that your post code argument didn't really work. ?

I'll say this again - it amazes me how so many here have such a disdain for Glasgow/south of Stonehaven, but seem to know so much about the areas, and have such a fascination with them!

Not me. 

I only pointed out Jim McLean is not from Glasgow.

The mong was wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Was just checking famous folk from Aberdeen there and they have 

Annie Lennox, paul Laurie,Denis law(only impressive one)Forbes as in the magazine founder as there most notable

ayrshire has 

Robert burns (arguably best poet)and credited in creating the worlds most well known and sung song)

alaxander Fleming penicillin used worldwide and the precursor to medicines

macadam-created tarmac for roads worldwide

bill shankly (football king)

robert the Bruce (king)

itl be the last time a hear what the fuck has Ayrshire provided to the world a real shithole,about 5 times smaller than Aberdeen with about 5x more creative, intellectual people of worth historically.

doesn’t matter anyway as we have the most eminent person that hails from Ayrshire that is recognised throughout the world, most valued Scot Robert burns 

Most unnecessary, irrelevant post ever.

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Most unnecessary, irrelevant post ever.

Not really, just some dons fans that don’t hail from up there are sick of the disdain shown if your not from there!

apparently told by another poster from Aberdeen that it’s a west coast east coast rivalry and folk from up north have a superiority complex over they scum lowlanders,weegies,Ayrshire shite hole folk,

was wondering were that superiority comes from? as it certainly isn’t from achievements, notable people, history, 

so not pointless at all

even in football and in recent history as in the last 5 years has 

Clarke leading Scotland to the first major championships since 1998 (Saltcoats)

billy Gilmour being the best up and coming talent for scotland in recent times.(ardrossan)

a love my club Aberdeen fc, but if a was from up there a certainly wouldn’t have a superiority complex over any cunt from Scotland, you have no reason to historically 

just to fling in there Michael gove is from Aberdeen, il just let that sink in 

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Not really, just some dons fans that don’t hail from up there are sick of the disdain shown if your not from there!

apparently told by another poster from Aberdeen that it’s a west coast east coast rivalry and folk from up north have a superiority complex over they scum lowlanders,weegies,Ayrshire shite hole folk,

was wondering were that superiority comes from? as it certainly isn’t from achievements, notable people, history, 

so not pointless at all

even in football and in recent history as in the last 5 years has 

Clarke leading Scotland to the first major championships since 1998 (Saltcoats)

billy Gilmour being the best up and coming talent for scotland in recent times.(ardrossan)

a love my club Aberdeen fc, but if a was from up there a certainly wouldn’t have a superiority complex over any cunt from Scotland, you have no reason to historically 

just to fling in there Michael gove is from Aberdeen, il just let that sink in 

Why are you directing these replies to me?

I don’t give a fuck.

All I said was Jim McLean isn’t from Glasgow FFS ?

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Why are you directing these replies to me?

I don’t give a fuck.

All I said was Jim McLean isn’t from Glasgow FFS ?

????

William Wallace born in ellerslie Ayrshire freed Scotland from Edward the longshanks or the shamen done a good tune