Jim McLean

Just now, Millertime said:

Love it

Can't see the irony in using my tactic that I came up with, in defence of me saying how pathetic he is

Brilliant 

We are done 

Thank fuck.

But then again, you like run away like a weasel, then come running back 

So I’ll assume you’re lying. Again. 

Go for a swim in those concrete slippers I sent you for Christmas. Now preferably. 

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bit harsh. I know Elderslie because of the golf course but I'd never heard of Ellerslie, despite living in Stewarton for 18 months and driving past it every week. Riccarton however, I saw the signs for and was aware of. Bizarrely the golf course at Hamilton was also known as Riccarton if I remember right.

I don't think "hasn't got a clue" is appropriate for not knowing somewhere small in a shit part of the country. 

Riccarton is ellerslie,ones the modern name the other the old worldy map so trying to allude to the fact that I was lying as HE KNOWS ELDERSLIE IS IN RENFREW was appropriate?, at the end of the day I was talking about our most successful Scottish warrior William Wallace,it’s not as if he is unknown and to be fair all Scots should know about their own history, not just folk from Ayrshire or Aberdeen 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bit harsh. I know Elderslie because of the golf course but I'd never heard of Ellerslie, despite living in Stewarton for 18 months and driving past it every week. Riccarton however, I saw the signs for and was aware of. Bizarrely the golf course at Hamilton was also known as Riccarton if I remember right.

I don't think "hasn't got a clue" is appropriate for not knowing somewhere small in a shit part of the country. 

Iam ardrossan so not far from you and I actually work in Kilmarnock,do you hail from Aberdeen or like me just fell in love with AFC?

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Riccarton is ellerslie,ones the modern name the other the old worldy map so trying to allude to the fact that I was lying as HE KNOWS ELDERSLIE IS IN RENFREW was appropriate?, at the end of the day I was talking about our most successful Scottish warrior William Wallace,it’s not as if he is unknown and to be fair all Scots should know about their own history, not just folk from Ayrshire or Aberdeen 

?

10/10 for the most bizarre tangent to a thread.

1 minute ago, Fridge said:

Wasn’t aimed at you min. 

Soz I was the one that brought up the comparisons between sturrock and McLean and the goegraphical nature between the 2 but then out of annoyance added past greats between Ayrshire and Aberdeen 

in which I referenced law as an Aberdeen great 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

I'm Aberdeen born but ended up in Ayrshire after the wife fell pregnant. We had sold in Glasgow and were on route to Melbourne but we learned our visas weren't valid for pregnant people because kids born in Oz get full citizenship rights and we were only 3 year experimenters. So we had to rent somewhere. As I was driving from Pollokshields to Troon at least twice every week, it made sense to live between the two. Quite fond of Ayrshire actually. Good people. No shit. Son was born in Irvine. 

As was I,Irvine central hospital,wife works in Troon as a nurse, aye folk from here are normally forthcoming, generous and straight talking folk, good bits and bad bits just like everywhere else, shite about Australia as it would be good setting up somewhere warm, hope it works out in the future, aw the best bud