Ethan Ross

Scored an absolute peach for us on Saturday, picking the ball up inside his own half, beating four defenders, then firing home (ok, the goalkeeper probably should do better).. 

Been really impressed with his attitude and work rate and there's a good interview with him on the Rovers website in which he comes across as a very bright, sensible and level headed laddie. 

Hopefully he continues to produce the goods for the rest of the season and the loan move benefits us now and Aberdeen in the future. 

I was at one of the sponsor events just before Shinnie left for Derby, DMC, Lewis, Logan and Shinnie all said that Ethan Ross was the one that they had high hopes for and would hopefully challenge for the 1st team soon.

I think he was injured last season so hopefully he's getting back to full fitness, getting some experience and is back here to challenge for a place next season.

I have seen Ethan play several times he has a lot of ability and is very quick and direct with an eye for goal. He doesn't seem to be too interested in working back the way which will be a red light for Mcinnes as he likes his attackers to be a cross between a winger and a full back, hopefully Ethan maturing will coincide with Mcinnes's exit or else he will probably be moved on

• 5 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RUL said:

Interested to see how he comes back. Sure he's out of contract in summer. You'd think he's coming back to play but virtanen and Anderson haven't. 

Clubs are calling back their loanees to save them from mixing in about separate groups.

Hope he gets a chance.

1 minute ago, RUL said:

Ah because they were still training etc with us it was considered a risk them being out on loan and coming back? 

Aye I think Raith are a mix of full time/part time so there's a fair chance he would have been up here doing some work. Local lad so every chance he'd be up and down regularly.

As mad as it  all is, makes sense just to keep him in the bubble to limit any risk. (Same with the other two). Squad isn't exactly full.

I might be wrong but i think his recall is more to do with the fact that they took in Kai Kennedy on loan from Rangers a few weeks back and that has resulted in Ethan being put on the bench. No point sitting on another teams bench, the whole reason for sending him out was to get game time to help his development.

I expect that we are looking to put him to another championship team where he will start. Inverness lost Kennedy so maybe he can go there. 

3 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I might be wrong but i think his recall is more to do with the fact that they took in Kai Kennedy on loan from Rangers a few weeks back and that has resulted in Ethan being put on the bench. No point sitting on another teams bench, the whole reason for sending him out was to get game time to help his development.

I expect that we are looking to put him to another championship team where he will start. Inverness lost Kennedy so maybe he can go there. 

Why did Kennedy/Huns choose to go from Inverness to Raith? Seems odd. Was he not playing up north?