On 1/9/2021 at 3:35 PM, maryhilldon said:

He's away for a Google. 

15 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

"He's away to google it"  

11 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That was MhD.   I liked that.  ?

6 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

No, he said "poor form".

MhD with the Google quote as you can clearly see above.    

Wee dick that you are

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Honestly never

I wasn't much of a fan at maths at school either but I'd have done  a quadruple period of it in preference to one of art. Just hated it even as a young child. Id get given a coloring in book and all id do is scribble over it. 

Scribbling was your form of expressive art in that case. 

• Dildo 1
10 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's superb. 

Yeah love it. The wife was sent it by a pal as they knew she'd be all over it. Straight on the phone, arranged to go and see it and bought it there and then. Huge breach of Covid rules picking it up. 

David Boyle is the artist. Weegie but won't hold that against him in this instance.

The other one from Gordon Mackie. Got a couple of his already. This one is Finechty cliffs. The Church we got married in is the small white building in the painting. It's the church that catches the eye in that one.

Wee surprise present for her 40th coming up in April.

17 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I thought the Boyle was Findochty-reminiscent but am unfamiliar with the Mackie perspective, having only been to the village once and from the west rather than looking to the west. Did I tell you about the "rock golf" we invented in Finechty, to the bemusement of a simpleton wifie in slippers?

Mackie one is looking from Cullen side towards Finechty. Not a view many would see as it's up a rocky path and not visible from the road. The West view as you say will be much more common especially among the golfing fraternity. One of the greens at Srathlene being at the very West side of Finechty just beside War memorial.

Tell me more about the rock golf.

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

An old wifie came oot her hoose wi slippers on and watched us for 15/20 minutes. She never said a word. Just stood there with the most vacant gormless expression the world has ever seen. As she wasn't complaining nor objecting, we carried on but it was amusing how alien she was. Great fun. Memorable wee visit. 

And you maintain that you don't have a superiority complex and yet here you are taking the piss out of an old lady.

Aye sounds like "Great fun" and a "Memorable wee visit".

Fud.

58 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

That's what I said as it's clearly looking towards Buckie i.e. west and therefore from Cullen.

We drove in to Findochty, fuck knows why, saw the park bench overlooking the cliffs with a nice bit of grass to play from. My mate was a greenkeeper with loads of tattie balls in his boot. We hit 100+ of them at the cliffs, picking different caves to try and hit and even the long "drive" down the coast heading east to try and reach the sea. An old wifie came oot her hoose wi slippers on and watched us for 15/20 minutes. She never said a word. Just stood there with the most vacant gormless expression the world has ever seen. As she wasn't complaining nor objecting, we carried on but it was amusing how alien she was. Great fun. Memorable wee visit. 

This must have been pre birth of Bluto.