The all new classic football cliche thread

On 1/17/2021 at 2:09 AM, Zeus said:

“Aberdeen fans should be careful what they wish for”

On 1/17/2021 at 2:10 AM, aberdeen1970 said:

Copyright Kris Boyd every fucking week 

Came in here to post that!

Boydy loves using it... Used it repeatedly when Rangers went bust, in the context that the league wouldn't survive without Rangers in the Premiership.  Has also used it with regard to Aberdeen fans who want McInnes out.

10 hours ago, don corleone said:

I really fucking hate it when a keeper makes a save and the commentator says that the keeper "just about kept it out." No! He has fucking kept it out. If he had "just about kept it out." it would be a fucking goal. 

This one thoroughly boils my piss, as you say it means the opposite of what they're actually saying.

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Came in here to post that!

Boydy loves using it... Used it repeatedly when Rangers went bust, in the context that the league wouldn't survive without Rangers in the Premiership.  Has also used it with regard to Aberdeen fans who want McInnes out.

That you turned into a hun now is it?

:gay:

11 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

McInnes - "Our strikers continued to ask questions all afternoon and if it wasn't for their keeper making some incredible stops we could have been looking at a different outcome"  =  the players repeatedly kicked the ball straight at the keeper. 

I haven't really gone mad just wanted to show that the same bullshit excuse can be recycled game after fuckin game! 

14 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

McInnes - "Our strikers continued to ask questions all afternoon and if it wasn't for their keeper making some incredible stops we could have been looking at a different outcome"  =  the players repeatedly kicked the ball straight at the keeper. 

Untrue as we never have any shots at goal.

The questions the strikers were asking were when are we going to get a decent cross into the box.

47 minutes ago, graham said:

'We tried to go with Sam and Curtis together uptop'. I've noticed Derek always likes to be on first name terms with his payers.None of your classic 'Miller and McLeish won the cup,a disgrace,Miller and McLeish won that cup'.

The players are soft as shit. If he started calling them all by their surnames they’d all be on the phone to the Samaritans. 

3 hours ago, graham said:

'We tried to go with Sam and Curtis together uptop'. I've noticed Derek always likes to be on first name terms with his payers.None of your classic 'Miller and McLeish won the cup,a disgrace,Miller and McLeish won that cup'.

"disgwace" i think you will find was what was said

This modern fad of making up compete nonsense. Hard to explain. 

"He connects there it's a red card." Good, but he doesn't connect there and it's not even a foul. 

"If that was ball was a bit better he scores." Well he didn't fucking score did he? 

"If he stays on the park they win". Well he didn't and they didn't. 

Cunts. 

53 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“They showed their character” - always said if a team comes back to get a win or a draw. 

Any discussion about having, losing or showing "bottle". Said by people who don't understand tactics.

See also "they wanted it more". No, they were just better at football.