Speakers (Not Sonos)

The Boofon

Getting fed up of Sonos with their lack of ability to play stuff over bluetooth such as Facebook DJ streams etc. Don't want to plug in an aux cable and source it what way. Too much fucking about.

Anybody got a decent recommendation for a Sonos equivalent worth speaking about around about the same sort of price range that is capable of said function and also decent sound and bang for your buck?

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

Do you mean bluetooth speakers?  I bought a decent budget set a few weeks ago.  You can stream anything you're playing from any bluetooth device,, laptop, phone etc..,   Great sound ,piece of piss to set up and look good as well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071YV97LK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah sort of. Was more thinking like Sonos type ones connectable through wifi but able to bluetooth music to them.

This is far from my expert subject so happy for all advice.

Not a fan of those Hanz. That yellow bit in the middle looks awful.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

I’ve got a couple of Bose speakers Boof.

Use the smaller one more regularly but it’s plenty to fill a room with sound.

The newer versions have Alexa etc

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bose-Speaker-Amazon-Alexa-built/dp/B07QF5786C/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bose+speaker+with+alexa&qid=1610889797&sprefix=bose+speaker+&sr=8-3

That's more like it. Looks the business that. App decent for it?

Guest milne_afc
Just now, The Boofon said:

That's more like it. Looks the business that. App decent for it?

I just bypass the app. Everything works direct from whichever app you’re streaming from, via Bluetooth.

Don't know if it's the type of thing you are after but I have this for listening to my music. It does the trick very nicely for my requirements in terms of having it on when I'm in the kitchen. I don't need anything too high spec or fancy  

Good sound from it.

LG PK3 XBOOM Go Bluetooth Party Speaker - Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CMD1BC4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_vqebGb588XDDZ

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Lovely. Will have a look.

Anyone interested in buying 2 x Sonos 1 (first gen) and a Sonos 5 (first gen)

I'd take a Sonos one if going individually 

though they're definitely trying to encourage people with primitive models to buy new ones. 

Ive to use the Sonos 2 app now. I just switch source via the Spotify app, I do everything through the Spotify app, the Sonos (and Sonos 2) app are poor to use, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Getting fed up of Sonos with their lack of ability to play stuff over bluetooth such as Facebook DJ streams etc. Don't want to plug in an aux cable and source it what way. Too much fucking about.

Anybody got a decent recommendation for a Sonos equivalent worth speaking about around about the same sort of price range that is capable of said function and also decent sound and bang for your buck?

I’ve read the title...!

you have an iPhone or iPad? The newer sonos connect through airplay now as well. And if the rest of the speakers are grouped, they’ll all play your DJ sets etc. If you’re wanting to save forking out on loads of new speakers

We've got a Sony thing that's a piece of piss for a spazzy like me to use. Bought a cheapo Kindle Fire just for using with it with Amazon music on it. It basically plays anything that plays on the music app or the browser (YouTube etc) 

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/audio/hifi-systems-and-speakers/sony-srs-xb33-portable-bluetooth-speaker-black-10211812-pdt.html

Great sound from it and  I take it in the garden. 

Im like you though I'm not too clued up about shit like this so better options may be available 

5 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I’ve read the title...!

you have an iPhone or iPad? The newer sonos connect through airplay now as well. And if the rest of the speakers are grouped, they’ll all play your DJ sets etc. If you’re wanting to save forking out on loads of new speakers

They’re the old Sonos things. No Bluetooth. Support for them pish now too. 

Time to get modern but fuck Sonos. 

this is thim here..thi need tae be charged wi thon usb hing..plug yer jack intae that n then plug eh usb inta ony usb slot tae cherge thim up

spacer.png

efter thir chergd tak thim oot thon usb adaper n plug thim tae yer walkman..hing is thir nae chergin whin pluggd in..aw ehm gittins a flashin red light on eh usb hing..need tae find oot if its eh usb hing,bettery ir some bad cablin

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, Dad said:

Just doing what I do son

Yo - y'got these mother fuckin headphones causing you ill

Y'dont know where to go so y'all can be usin em still - check it

Got one mo mutha fuckin chance to get these foo's m providin'

Then back to the streets to continue the duckin and divin'

Providin' n ridin' n divin' - always got to be survivin'

Mic drop

Poundin the streets of Dundee 4life boyee

Plastic bag on ma face - y'all dont know who ah ahm

Nae bad, Dad. 

names faither
ehl sort ye oot nae baither
cunt ehv bin aroon yir years
coopd up in anniesland sluppin zero%beers
yist tae b a pliyer beck in 73
deviant desires wir fitlis n free
munchin fanny oan eh clyde
watchin meh casio tae chek eh moon tide
waves creshin oan the shore..nevous n abash
pittin ye aff yer rythym nuzzlin oan cunts crotches 
munchin eh red meat tae point o xtc
cunt ye cidna git enuf
sookin juices oot a baldy bit fluff
sookin oot eh flavor n slobberin ower eh scent
this hing wis an angel..heaven everscent
rode till dawn n eh sun rose
nuhin tae win n nuthin tae lose
noo its farter oan it like clyde tunnel..it wis a peth thit ye chose

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
32 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Why do they need to be charged if you’re plugging them directly into a Walkman with a 3.5mm jack? Apologies if im missing something here 

earbuds thimsels ir sae hi powerd fir noise cancellin thi need chergd afore yasin thim..must be a battrey in eh fones ?some faffin likes..lot o nonsense..nae botherd aboot chucking thim..jist dinna want tae if it wis jist the charger wit wis eh problem

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Arabian Knight said:

ehm scunnert richer sounds is shut the noo..eh need advice aboot meh earfones..thil na cherge up..need tae work oot if it eh usb charger ir eh fones thimsel..cunt thir aboot 9yr..sony xba-nc85..goat a wee udb dongle thi cherge thru fae ont usb port oan a PC..hopin it jist the dongle hing thits fuckd cos thi wir pricey it a time

Wit a fikkin mongo thit yi ir. Canna git yir heedfonez ti wirk kiz richer soondz iz shit. Daft wee carrier bag pus hair lipped cunt. 

10 hours ago, Arabian Knight said:

ehm scunnert richer sounds is shut the noo..eh need advice aboot meh earfones..thil na cherge up..need tae work oot if it eh usb charger ir eh fones thimsel..cunt thir aboot 9yr..sony xba-nc85..goat a wee udb dongle thi cherge thru fae ont usb port oan a PC..hopin it jist the dongle hing thits fuckd cos thi wir pricey it a time

AK showing he hasn’t a clue about technology again.