Aberdeen 2 - 0 Motherwell

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've been a huge critic of his, but you can't argue with his goal ratio. Either he's has two fluke seasons, or he just needs something to spark him. 

Aye but missing the crowds? 

He was dropped last season before crowds were stopped.  The rot had already started. 

Something is seriously wrong, I'll agree with you there. But it's not a recent thing. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but missing the crowds? 

He was dropped last season before crowds were stopped.  The rot had already started. 

Something is seriously wrong, I'll agree with you there. But it's not a recent thing. 

Fair point. Maybe it's something personal. Hopefully something changes soon.

7 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I think most refs ignore unless it is directly aimed at them.

The boy was itching to be sent off all game

He should’ve walked in the first half.

His flailing elbow could’ve been a red, then the shoving match with Ojo is a yellow.

I thought the ref was horrendous. Snivelling wee Collum type. 

But a ref should be bigger than that in my opinion  (not like swearing) 

As with most strikers, Cosgrove is suffering from a lack of confidence.

‘The last chance he had, he took well into his path and a confident Cosgrove would have lifted it over the keeper.

‘Maybe because it was on his left, he tried to slot under the keeper.

I also wonder if he does better when counter attacking and there is space to run into. Intricate play around the box does not appear to suit him.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe he's just been worked out by defenders.

Fuck knows but it's beyond a joke now. 

For me, he's a penalty box striker. The reason he isn't scoring is because the defenders have become more privy to his talents, rather he's got absolutely no confidence and is often found hiding in the box. 

Perfect example today, Considines goal is what Cosgrove should've done when it squirmed through to him. Have to persevere, as we have no other option.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He should’ve walked in the first half.

His flailing elbow could’ve been a red, then the shoving match with Ojo is a yellow.

I thought the ref was horrendous. Snivelling wee Collum type. 

But a ref should be bigger than that in my opinion  (not like swearing) 

I’d be willing to give the ref a break, we’ve had far worse.

There was an Ojo block in the box that other more experienced refs would have jumped at the chance to give Motherwell a pen.

He’s young, lacking experience at this level, but can improve and as I said earlier, we’ve had much worse refs that were more experienced

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

For me, he's a penalty box striker. The reason he isn't scoring is because the defenders have become more privy to his talents, rather he's got absolutely no confidence and is often found hiding in the box. 

Perfect example today, Considines goal is what Cosgrove should've done when it squirmed through to him. Have to persevere, as we have no other option.

Aye. The alternative is worse. 

I'd be tempted to play Hedges up front in a 3 with Wright and Kennedy and leave both him and Main out. 

But I'll probably be alone on that one. 

Good win , thought first half was quite even but red card meant we got on top in the 2nd half. Not sure what was wrong with Taylors goal but  I thought the ref was pretty poor throughout, Hedges and Kennedy were good Today and alternatively I thought Cosgrove and Ojo were pretty poor. Mains one involvement was embarrassing.Jonny Hayes was good Today but I would still like him further forward

Thought both attitude and performance much better today.

Defence decent as Lewis had little to do.

Thought that Kennedy, Hedges and Wright combined and created very well.

However Cosgrove continues to look a shadow of last season's player.

At least Main wasn't in a position to feck up the team's performance.

4 minutes ago, G31DON said:

A misnomer that vanilla saying. Vanilla is one of the rarest and most difficult to harvest crops in the world. 

It’s the color that it refers to. Plain, neutral, boring. It may be one of the rarest and most difficult to harvest crops, but it’s colour that the comparison is referred to is it not?

• Dildo 1
44 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. The alternative is worse. 

I'd be tempted to play Hedges up front in a 3 with Wright and Kennedy and leave both him and Main out. 

But I'll probably be alone on that one. 

You might not be. The international redtv gave hedges man of the match. I might have given it to hoban.