Aberdeen 2 - 0 Motherwell

38 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Ojo looked better second half when the midfield played further up the pitch and we played more on the front foot. 

When we sit deep he always looks to have an error in him. 

Generous way of looking at it IYAM, 1970. He looked under less pressure after the sending off - as did every other dons player

I thought after the first 15 mins Motherwell were getting on top and the sending off changed the game. Fair fucks to dons players that they took advantage 2nd half but I thought it was anyone's game at half time 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Generous way of looking at it IYAM, 1970. He looked under less pressure after the sending off - as did every other dons player

I thought after the first 15 mins Motherwell were getting on top and the sending off changed the game. Fair fucks to dons players that they took advantage 2nd half but I thought it was anyone's game at half time 

I was definitely being generous.  Its clear he can't play under any sort of pressure sitting in front of defence. 

I'd not pick the boy myself but we bash him so much its only fair to give him a wee bit of credit when he does play a bit better.  

He worries me far less when he plays further up the pitch.  

Enjoyable game. Hedges and Wright are a delight to watch. 

says something about how shite he normally is when ojo gets pass marks despite creating nothing and bar an inexplicable refereeing decision would have given away a penalty. 

Taylor, Hoban and considine all excellent. 

noticed near the end when main won the ball down the wing nobody bothered to rush into the box. It was as if they knew he would make a cunt of the cross. Which he dutifully did by sclaffing it out for a goal kick. 

5 hours ago, RUL said:

Ojo was better as Motherwell were down to 10 men. In first half he set up their best chance and stopped a goal by actually saving it. He was lucky it wasn't a penalty. 

Bit of perspective. He slipped for the pass that was intercepted.

The pen claim is a product of stupid rules. Anyone who has played can see that this was not a deliberate handball, he wasn’t making himself unnatural bigger. He slid in and blocked the ball with his foot and ricocheted onto his hand. There is no way to see if the ball was heading to the goal after the ricochet.

‘Common since would be not to award a pen I. That situation although I accept how the rules are ‘ interpreted, it’s a valid claim

5 hours ago, RUL said:

Ojo was better as Motherwell were down to 10 men. In first half he set up their best chance and stopped a goal by actually saving it. He was lucky it wasn't a penalty. 

Watch it back. He blocked it with his feet and it unluckily hit him. 

He done alright today aside from the one dodgy pass. Don’t get the desperation to slate him.

4 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Watch it back. He blocked it with his feet and it unluckily hit him. 

He done alright today aside from the one dodgy pass. Don’t get the desperation to slate him.

No idea how folk have came to the conclusion it's a pen. His arm is in a natural position and he makes a goal saving challenge with his feet before it rides up and strikes his arm. He was decent yesterday, gave the ball away a few times but looked much tidier.

11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

No idea how folk have came to the conclusion it's a pen. His arm is in a natural position and he makes a goal saving challenge with his feet before it rides up and strikes his arm. He was decent yesterday, gave the ball away a few times but looked much tidier.

New rules.

That's a stone wall penalty. Got out of jail there. Arms were not in natural position. Natural if you're falling over aye but his arms making his body outline bigger. Penalty.

2 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

New rules.

That's a stone wall penalty. Got out of jail there. Arms were not in natural position. Natural if you're falling over aye but his arms making his body outline bigger. Penalty.

But if you're sliding in, as he was, where are your hands meant to go? For me, because it his foot first then up on to his arm, it's not a pen. If it had just hit his arm whilst goal bound then it's a stonewaller. The rules have relaxed somewhat re handball in the box, when at the start of the season pens were being handed out for fuck all.

12 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Be interesting to see what Del will say about big Sam in next few days, certainly got the service and had chances today but didn’t deliver. Hopefully he gets his arm around but also tells him to wake up and get sharper 

Hopefully it goes a little something like this " Off you fuck. you lanky piece of shit"

Put his arm around him? fuck that the boy is a prima donna thinks hes above the dons now get him to fuck, and soon.

55 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

But if you're sliding in, as he was, where are your hands meant to go? For me, because it his foot first then up on to his arm, it's not a pen. If it had just hit his arm whilst goal bound then it's a stonewaller. The rules have relaxed somewhat re handball in the box, when at the start of the season pens were being handed out for fuck all.

Might have been relaxed but we'd be rightly screaming for that at the other end. Ball hits his hand when his arms are away from his body. Hoban got fucked for one of those earlier this season.

Not up for arguing. Pen for me. Glad it wasn't given.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Ojo did enough to start the next game. 

If anyone wants him dropped then its virtanen who should get the shout ahead of campbell.

Fingers crossed mcgeouch is ready soon as he makes a big difference

He's going to be fit in next two weeks. 

1 minute ago, RUL said:

He's going to be fit in next two weeks. 

He's back in training now so if nothing goes wrong he'll likely appear on the bench in one of the next two games.

Considering there is 9 subs there is more scope for the likes of McGinn to be on the bench injured and Leigh is there after 2 days training

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He's back in training now so if nothing goes wrong he'll likely appear on the bench in one of the next two games.

Considering there is 9 subs there is more scope for the likes of McGinn to be on the bench injured and Leigh is there after 2 days training

We are going to have a lot of options that's for sure. 

Just now, RUL said:

We are going to have a lot of options that's for sure. 

McGeouch is a big change as he is first team quality centre mid meaning McCrorie can play defence or wingback and Ferguson can play closer to the striker. Gives the tinkerman a few more options

35 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Might have been relaxed but we'd be rightly screaming for that at the other end. Ball hits his hand when his arms are away from his body. Hoban got fucked for one of those earlier this season.

Not up for arguing. Pen for me. Glad it wasn't given.

Aye Hoban got done for it when the rules were more strict. I think the ref applied common sense to the Ojo incident. 

Not looking to argue, I just don't think it was a pen, on the basis it struck his foot first, and his arms were raised as he was flying in to make the block, which he couldn't have done with his arms by his side.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Aye Hoban got done for it when the rules were more strict. I think the ref applied common sense to the Ojo incident. 

Not looking to argue, I just don't think it was a pen, on the basis it struck his foot first, and his arms were raised as he was flying in to make the block, which he couldn't have done with his arms by his side.

I disagree on the ref thinking anything. i dont think he spotted it

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He was absolutely brutal, to be fair. 

I'd have sent off Gallagher inside five mins. Big call for a young ref to send off Scotland's best defender in the first few mins. The tackle was similar to Main's on Barisic and the pundits were unanimous that was a sending off

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McGeouch is a big change as he is first team quality centre mid meaning McCrorie can play defence or wingback and Ferguson can play closer to the striker. Gives the tinkerman a few more options

Wouldn't want McCrorie playing in defence or at wing back. Far more influential in the middle of the park. Hopefully he comes back after his injury and plays like he did when he first joined, he's been bit quieter of late.