Aberdeen 2 - 0 Motherwell

7 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Very average since signing. More effective today maybe but overall he's been at squad filler level of performance - not bad, but not good. Lazy signing

That’s harsh think he has the most assist for the season and when he was wingback he gets up and down the line all day 

2 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

How lazy has cosgrove got to be before getting hooked off??  Nae that his replacement is much use. Good win against the clogger cunts tho.

The list of excuses for Cosgrove are getting longer by the week.  

Just back from injury.. 

Not getting the service... 

Having to play alongside Main... 

Just needs a goal... 

He's a 'streak' player.... 

Must be good if a club bid 2.7m...

Not trying because he's got a move lined up.... 

Etc etc. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The list of excuses for Cosgrove are getting longer by the week.  

Just back from injury.. 

Not getting the service... 

Having to play alongside Main... 

Just needs a goal... 

He's a 'streak' player.... 

Must be good if a club bid 2.7m...

Not trying because he's got a move lined up.... 

Etc etc. 

The bottom line is he’s not very good & no wonder we grabbed the £2.7m offer 

Good performance, played some lovely stuff around the box. More than happy to pay money to watch that.

Cosgroves movement around the penalty spot is poor, looks like he's hiding. 

Scott Wright was excellent and its a shame we won't be able to build a team around him and the superb Hedges. Who knows? Maybe he'll sign on yet. 

Up to third which is fine. I'd rather be 4th and playing at Hampden, right enough. Hopefully we can consistently play this way going forward, and we'll all be much happier.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

Great reaction from the players, a much better performance. Cosgrove is very concerning though, has the hype of last season got to him? Just seems totally disinterested. 

He took a pass from Ferguson really well on the run, just couldn't finish. If the team keeps playing as they were in and around the box, it shouldn't be long until he's scoring again. 

He might be a player who thrives off of fans as well, and struggles to get motivated in an empty stadium? Fuck knows. He's not a good footballer, but he's definitely got an instinct there.

21 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

How lazy has cosgrove got to be before getting hooked off??  Nae that his replacement is much use. Good win against the clogger cunts tho.

Cosgrove is playing really poorly, but there’s very little alternative.

I don’t like saying this about a Dons player, but I absolutely fucking hate Curtis Main.

That attempted shot on the turn at an impossible angle summed up what a brainless clown he is. 

We do desperately need a new centre forward but looks like we are going to have to wait until the summer. 

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He took a pass from Ferguson really well on the run, just couldn't finish. If the team keeps playing as they were in and around the box, it shouldn't be long until he's scoring again. 

He might be a player who thrives off of fans as well, and struggles to get motivated in an empty stadium? Fuck knows. He's not a good footballer, but he's definitely got an instinct there.

Three or four new excuses there. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Three or four new excuses there. 

I've been a huge critic of his, but you can't argue with his goal ratio. Either he's has two fluke seasons, or he just needs something to spark him. 

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've been a huge critic of his, but you can't argue with his goal ratio. Either he's has two fluke seasons, or he just needs something to spark him. 

Aye but missing the crowds? 

He was dropped last season before crowds were stopped.  The rot had already started. 

Something is seriously wrong, I'll agree with you there. But it's not a recent thing. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye but missing the crowds? 

He was dropped last season before crowds were stopped.  The rot had already started. 

Something is seriously wrong, I'll agree with you there. But it's not a recent thing. 

Fair point. Maybe it's something personal. Hopefully something changes soon.