Aberdeen 2 - 0 Motherwell

18 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Wouldn't want McCrorie playing in defence or at wing back. Far more influential in the middle of the park. Hopefully he comes back after his injury and plays like he did when he first joined, he's been bit quieter of late.

I wouldn't want it either but .... tinkerman. If McGeouch comes in and keeps his place he wont not start mccrorie or ferguson.

1 minute ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Hedges and Wright with a good attacking understanding. Kennedy decent too yesterday and nice to see him switching wings during the game for a change.

What a difference if you actually play attacking/creative players further up the park.

4-2-3-1 please from now on and we'll blow away most of the dross in the league. 

It wasn’t 4-2-3-1 yesterday though.

It was 3-4-2-1

Going forward with McGeouch fit I think a 4-3-3 is a decent option. 

McCrorie, Ferguson and McGeouch in a midfield 3 could be excellent, a blend of different players with different talents. Kennedy and hedges either flank tucking inside and linking, with full backs bombing on. 

Who knows. 

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

McCrorie, Ferguson and McGeouch in a midfield 3 could be excellent, a blend of different players with different talents. Kennedy and hedges either flank tucking inside and linking, with full backs bombing on. 

Who knows. 

In the games against sevco, they were able to exploit the space between the midfield and defence a lot. Someone sitting would have helped nullify that to an extent.

Just now, DD1903 said:

In the games against sevco, they were able to exploit the space between the midfield and defence a lot. Someone sitting would have helped nullify that to an extent.

I think McGeouch would be good in there. He's tidy on the ball, nimble in tight spaces, and can pass between the lines. 

Ferguson has a brain to play further forward, and McCrorie can go box to box, has great energy etc. 

I think of McLean, Shinnie and Jack. Three different players entirely but it worked really well. 

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who knows. 

Who are these full backs that will “bomb on”?

No-one that’s in the squad just now. 

• Downvote 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hayes on the left, and I agree that there isn't an obvious choice for the RB but Hoban playing RCB has been excellent at overlapping when hedges cuts inside. He's clearly fit enough to do it. 

19 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think McGeouch would be good in there. He's tidy on the ball, nimble in tight spaces, and can pass between the lines. 

Ferguson has a brain to play further forward, and McCrorie can go box to box, has great energy etc. 

I think of McLean, Shinnie and Jack. Three different players entirely but it worked really well. 

Ferguson abd mcrorie bomb forward a lot. Which is good to see, but it leaves big gaps in front of the defence. Which consists of some bang average defenders

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think you are forgetting Leigh, who absolutely "bombed on" in his first spell with us (when played at left back). If he isn't the quickest player at the club right now, he's certainly in the top 3. Naturally athletic ahem

9 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

Mcgeough is definitely more of a sitter.

When McGeouch first came through as a youngster and was bouncing between Celtic and the Huns he was more of an attacking midfielder, a '10' even. 

When he went to Hibs he started as an attacking midfielder but then settled into a deeper role where's he's remained. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

When McGeouch first came through as a youngster and was bouncing between Celtic and the Huns he was more of an attacking midfielder, a '10' even. 

When he went to Hibs he started as an attacking midfielder but then settled into a deeper role where's he's remained. 

Unfortunately we've not seen the best of him due to injury. But every team needs someone to keep it simple. He does the simple stuff well if you get my logic.

54 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who knows. 

4-3-3 or the 4-2-3-1 for me. Within the squad there are enough good quality options to fit either formation aside from three positions. RB, CH and CF. I'd play Hayes at LB from here on in as long as he still has the legs to be able to bomb on as you say, Consi. 

41 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Hayes on the left, and I agree that there isn't an obvious choice for the RB but Hoban playing RCB has been excellent at overlapping when hedges cuts inside. He's clearly fit enough to do it. 

Hoban was good at that yesterday , thought Hedges should have played him in a couple of times but he cut in and the attack broke down . Easier against the 10 mind 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Who knows. 

You’re 4-3-3- sounds more like a 4-5-1