St Johnstone 0 - 0 Aberdeen

Tricky away game, especially without both Ferguson & McCrorie.

I imagine (injuries permitting) he’ll just replace Ferguson with Dean Campbell.

Lewis

Hoban Taylor Considine 

Kennedy Ojo Campbell Hayes     
            Hedges Wright        
                 Cosgrove 

Subs; Woods, Logan, Leigh, Virtanen, Main, McLennan, McGinn, Anderson

a 0-0 snooze fest is my prediction 

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I'd go with the same team as today.

Cosgrove could be dropped but dont see the point chopping and changing Main/Cosgrove too much. Give Cosgrove this game and then consider dropping him the following game.

I hope he can find his scoring boots and grab a brace

Like most strikers, Sam is a confidence player. He just needs to score 1 and he has the potential of going on a run similar to last season. A scoring Sam could be huge for the team in the 2nd half of the season.

1 minute ago, standfree1978 said:

Like most strikers, Sam is a confidence player. He just needs to score 1 and he has the potential of going on a run similar to last season. A scoring Sam could be huge for the team in the 2nd half of the season.

I like this positivity.

Just because he has only scored one goal from open play in the years 2020 and 2021 doesnt mean he cant score some goals

15 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It’s for his 6th(?) yellow card 2 weeks ago. 

Not so sure about that.

‘His 6th booking was in the same game as Hedges, and his suspension has already been listed and served.

His 5th booking then followed a second cautionable offense against St Mirren, so has he already served that suspension?

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Not so sure about that.

‘His 6th booking was in the same game as Hedges, and his suspension has already been listed and served.

His 5th booking then followed a second cautionable offense against St Mirren, so has he already served that suspension?

I think red cards are served immediately but accumulative yellows have a delayed start date. 

Not so sure about that.

Sendings off mean an instant one match ban 

Suspensions for accrued bookings dont kick in until the nearest match after 2 weeks has passed from the match the 6th booking was given in

Something in my mind though is telling me that the rules about the 6 bookings changed a season or 2 back. I'm thinking that if a player is on 5 bookings or less by the end of the final match played in December that those bookings get "wiped" and you start with a clean slate in the January.........essentially meaning a player could accrue a total of 10 bookings over a season (but has to be 5 in each half season max) and suffers no repercussions

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The ban served in the following match was for receiving a red in the previous game.  Separate. 

Ok, so does that mean the two yellow cards in the St Mirren do not count towards accumulation.

In total, Ferguson has had 7 yellow cards, 2 in the St Mirren game. If the St Mirren game suspension has been served, is he then only on 5 accumulation cards?

Ok, so does that mean the two yellow cards in the St Mirren do not count towards accumulation.

In total, Ferguson has had 7 yellow cards, 2 in the St Mirren game. If the St Mirren game suspension has been served, is he then only on 5 accumulation cards?

Good question. 

I'd say 5 as the ban was for the red (two yellows in one game).  Would seem harsh to penalise a guy twice for the same yellow card. 

But spfl rules have baffled me before  and I'm sure they will again!!