St Johnstone 0 - 0 Aberdeen

10 hours ago, RUL said:

Not heard anyone at Afc talk about ferguson being suspended? 

I may be wrong, but I had a wee look and my reading of it is like this:-

A player serves a suspension 14 days following their 6th caution. A player serves an automatic next game suspension if two cautions were in the same game. Ferguson served that against Ross County.
Ferguson’s 5th and 6th cautions was in the St Mirren game on the 5th Dec, so it’s been more than the 14 days.He’s since picked up a 7th caution of the season.

It doesn’t look like there is a double jeopardy of accumulation and suspension from two cautionable of fences in the same game, so most likely he’s effectively sitting on 5, meaning one more and he’d be suspended again.

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Is it not a case that 6 bookings = 1 game suspension and then you start on 0 and if you get 6 more cautions you get a 2 game ban?

Offence

Accumulation of six cautionable offences in the same Competition (including cautions incurred under Part D below)

Suspension

1 match dated suspension
(For every further accumulation of six cautionable offences,
the suspension applied will be extended by one match.)

Application of suspension

Effective from 14th day following date of match when sixth cautionable offence occurred and to be served in the same Competition.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

SFA still not uploaded a suspension list for last week (or this week).

It's likely McInnes will mention it today if he's suspended.

Injured: Devlin and McCrorie

Doubtful: McLennan and McGeouch

What's happened to Mclennan? He came off the bench reasonably late on Saturday and I never noticed anything happening to him. 

12 minutes ago, RUL said:

Think unless rangers come forward today then Wright will start. Hopefully he will be even more motivated. 

I'm not in the camp that we shouldn't be playing him because he's joining them. We're a better team with him in it. Providing his heeds not gone elsewhere, he'll still contribute more than others.

4 minutes ago, standfree1978 said:

I'm not in the camp that we shouldn't be playing him because he's joining them. We're a better team with him in it. Providing his heeds not gone elsewhere, he'll still contribute more than others.

It's a horrible situation to be in.  If there were fans allowed to attend the match, I don't think he'd play.  Hard to stomach an Aberdonian, who has signed for Rangers, playing for Aberdeen.... but do agree the sentiment that 'we'd be cutting our noses off' if we didn't play him.  Think I change my mind on this one, based on my current mood!

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

It's a horrible situation to be in.  If there were fans allowed to attend the match, I don't think he'd play.  Hard to stomach an Aberdonian, who has signed for Rangers, playing for Aberdeen.... but do agree the sentiment that 'we'd be cutting our noses off' if we didn't play him.  Think I change my mind on this one, based on my current mood!

Yeah agree.  Pretty sure if fans were in attendance, he wouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

25 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

We wouldn’t. He’s gone. Pre contract it may be but as good as sold. Shouldn’t be near the squad tonight. 

25 minutes ago, Macski said:

Apathy has fairly set in. Game day, just over 2 hours to a 6pm kick off and there's been 8 posts in the match thread! 

Think Cormack comments and Wright situation dominating comments, but a 6pm kick off on a Wednesday has thrown most, still reckon 2-1 to the Don’s. Cosgrove and Hoban again COYR