Miko Virtannen

Great to see young Miko Virtannen make his full debut for Aberdeen today.Really pleased for the young Finn.People always saying why do you go to youth games,reserve games,friendlies.Well you see players progress and it is good to see a player you liked and followed make the grade.One of the last games I saw before the shutdown was Arbroath v Partick Thistle at a very windy Gayfield, and he was outstanding in midfield as Arbroath won 2-1.The Arbroath fans loved him and he  was man of the match every other week.The loan spell at Arbroath worked and Miko got his reward this afternoon.Speaks perfect English,devoid of cliches, in a slight Jan Molby style Liverpudlian lilt ,having been a youth player at Everton. Was pwoud of the boy weally pwoud.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, graham said:

It is fascinating to watch players progress and be continually surprised at those who make it and those who don't.Frank Ross ! Still think he was a class act,now in Dutch league with Go Ahead Eagles in second tier.He could have been a contender

Ruptured his cruciate ligament out in Holland I see, boy has no luck with injuries.

2 hours ago, graham said:

It is fascinating to watch players progress and be continually surprised at those who make it and those who don't.Frank Ross ! Still think he was a class act,now in Dutch league with Go Ahead Eagles in second tier.He could have been a contender

Shitey Dutch birds done my coupon the other night ?

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Makes you wonder the thinking from mcinnes in putting him on

Is it that he sees him as having a chance of making it?

He has given a debut to quite a few this season, though thinking about it that was one of the KPIs cormack spelled out eh?

Good point Millertime.The circumstances today simply presented a good moment to give Miko his bow in the first team.Dave Cormack and his Americanisms spelled out in Garthdee Doric is for a whole other page !!!

5 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

My loon who used to work in the AFC shop said he was a top guy. One of the few young players (before they moved to Westhill) that would acknowledge and talk to everyone. 

His interview on Red TV was class.He came across so well.It was tears to a glass eye ! That was a long,long journey to these five minutes.He is now Miko Virtannen,Aberdeen player.As I said, that was for all these games at Glebe Park on a Monday night,Cappielow on a Monday afternoon.

57 minutes ago, graham said:

Thoroughly agree.The Arbroath fans worshipped him .Sang his name in praise.He ran the show that afternoon at Gayfield.The freezing windy weather not a problem to the man from Finland !

I remember the Dons playing at Gayfield, was the worst weather ever but loads of crowd trouble, a dons fan was handcuffed to a railing but the police got attacked everytime they tried to take him away. Happier simpler times. Must have been about 30 years ago. Great day out. ??

Remember it well daytripping .Season 1985-86 Scottish Cup,Aberdeen worked their way down the east coast,beating Montrose at Pittodrie,Dundee  at Pittodrie after draw at Dens and  in between on a  blustery  Saturday 15th February 1986 a joe Miller goal gave the Dons a 1-0 victory in the 4th round at a packed Gayfield,6,000  plus crowd.These were the days ! 35 years ago,seems like yesterday.