Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

James Maddison

2 hours ago, RUL said:

I think there was a few games where you could tell he was better than the rest but weirdly we sometimes looked better without him. 

Outstanding player now.

Defo. Any time you saw him you could see he was a cut above and something I hadn't seen in a Dons shirt to be honest. But he was still a young loon and learning his way. Sometimes he maybe underestimated his opponents and he certainly didn't enjoy getting tackled... head would go down a bit. We went on a cracking run of form with him on the bench. Shame we never got to see him get close to his best as a team player but fuck me, what a free kick. Will always regard him highly! 

Just now, torry_battery_ram said:

I think he was still too young when he was here. He had class but wasn't that willing to track back and work hard which McInnes expects his midfielders to do.

He has matured massively in the last few years and Rodgers is getting the best out of him now

I do believe that his time here will have benefitted him to where he is now.

‘From the need to toughen up to being benched by us as a pointer he needed to do more. He will have went back to Carrow Road and reflected on that or one of the coaches would have pointed it out.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Simple adage.

you can build the physicality and game head onto the basics.  But it’s difficult, nigh on impossible, to do it in any other order.

Anyone watching the loons warm up could see he had those.

The mantra at grassroots is different though and even through to the first team to be honest.

‘They are not that worried about technique and ability, but prefer players with the physical attributes. If you have those and with the right attitude, they will work on improving the technical ability

6 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You do realise that is the reason he was here and was on loan

Yes I do. I think he lacked the maturity at the time to fit into our style of play. Yes the class was evident but we didn't get to see it on nearly enough occasions.

What I wouldn't give for us finding another young player from England with similar ability to join us now though!

37 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I do believe that his time here will have benefitted him to where he is now.

‘From the need to toughen up to being benched by us as a pointer he needed to do more. He will have went back to Carrow Road and reflected on that or one of the coaches would have pointed it out.

Plus he got to shag one of the lassies that works at Pittodrie.

• Site Sponsor
5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Probably at least in part down to mcinnes management of not just playing him every game due to ability alone

Being benched was all part of the learning and look where he is now

Having said that, he is a FUCKING dick - his interviews are a red neck 

I saw his interview after a game last week and thought, "fuck's sake, he's nae half wittering on".

5 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I think he was still too young when he was here. He had class but wasn't that willing to track back and work hard which McInnes expects his midfielders to do.

He has matured massively in the last few years and Rodgers is getting the best out of him now

Maddy what the fuck you doing over that half way line.  Get back with the other 3...