McGeouch return

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Football is a short career, McGeouch himself knows he has struggled with injuries practically for the whole of his career. Both Hibs and ourselves offered to make him the highest paid players at both clubs at the time but Sunderland gave him £8k/week which over the length of a 3 year contract meant earning near £500k more than he would have with us or staying at Hibs. 

He's not an elite player so it really wasn't a difficult decision for him to make at at all. He will retire comfortably off but not a multi millionaire.

In 16 months with us, he's barely been much more than a bit-part player. Unsurprisingly, mainly through a string of niggling injuries but even when he has been fit he hasn't really been able to tie down a permanent spot in the side and signing McCrorie 6 months after bringing him in only exacerbated that. And of course Brown will shunt him even further down the pecking order. It would probably be best for both parties if he could fix himself up with a new club in the summer but it's difficult to see anyone wanting him on the wages we are shelling out on top of his fitness issues

Getting rid of McGeouch is not a top priority. It might be an August task but not right now.

Are we definitely keeping Ferguson?

Which defenders do we sign? E.g. how many minutes is McCrorie picking up in defence?

What's happening with Ojo?

I think McGeouch will get a chance when we return for pre season

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Getting rid of McGeouch is not a top priority. It might be an August task but not right now.

Are we definitely keeping Ferguson?

Which defenders do we sign? E.g. how many minutes is McCrorie picking up in defence?

What's happening with Ojo?

I think McGeouch will get a chance when we return for pre season

As I said....I think it will be difficult to move him on regardless. So it would be silly of Glass not to be completely open-minded about him for next season. But i certainly don't see us extending his contract so next season will be his final season with us regardless.

Ferguson will be sold the minute a suitable offer comes in. If and when that happens, I'm certain Glass will be allocated a reasonable percentage of it to reinvest in the team. Whether or not that includes a direct replacement I'm not sure.

Ojo will be returning to us in the summer as things stand. Glass will have to budget for that happening until/unless we hear otherwise. Again, I'm certain that it would be in the interest for both parties that he moves on. He's not earning near what McGeouch is so it might prove a bit easier to do so. I'm sure the player himself would welcome a move back to Belgium or Holland, bunging him 3 months wages up front might just be enough to sweeten any deal to get him out the door.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

As I said....I think it will be difficult to move him on regardless. So it would be silly of Glass not to be completely open-minded about him for next season. But i certainly don't see us extending his contract so next season will be his final season with us regardless.

Ferguson will be sold the minute a suitable offer comes in. If and when that happens, I'm certain Glass will be allocated a reasonable percentage of it to reinvest in the team. Whether or not that includes a direct replacement I'm not sure.

Ojo will be returning to us in the summer as things stand. Glass will have to budget for that happening until/unless we hear otherwise. Again, I'm certain that it would be in the interest for both parties that he moves on. He's not earning near what McGeouch is so it might prove a bit easier to do so. I'm sure the player himself would welcome a move back to Belgium or Holland, bunging him 3 months wages up front might just be enough to sweeten any deal to get him out the door.

Agree with all that. I'm against paying any players off though. we have the ability to take in 10, maybe even 15 players (if you include youth promotions and atlanta 2 loans) this summer. We dont really need to push anyone out. Thats enough signings

5 minutes ago, paddy said:

ach, just get rid of him. Was good for like 6-8 months at hibs, but been meh for Sunderland and us.

Perhaps there is a specific team style which suits him, but doubt it's here. I have no doubt he will be gone in the summer.

Devlin’s only serious rival for most injured player 

what exactly is wrong with devlin? Seems to have been out for the whole season. 

12 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Devlin’s only serious rival for most injured player 

what exactly is wrong with devlin? Seems to have been out for the whole season. 

Forgot Devin even existed. If he is fit, you'd have thought he'd maybe feel like he has another chance at the club with new management. It's been that long since he's been regularly seen that it's hard to tell if he'd be worth a run out. 

16 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Devlin has been a pretty disastrous signing, he came injured and has never really been fit for much of his time here. Will be back at Hamilton or the likes in the summer which is his level

Agree 100%
Very good in first full season up to end of October when he got injured.

Been injured or pish since.

So about 3-4 good months out of 3 years.

I agree about him returning to Hamilton. Think that’s where he might end up. 

44 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not even sure Hamilton will take a risk on him. With a limited budget like they have, they can't afford a player to be missing for 6 months every season. Even more so if they get relegated.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see him retiring

Aye Devlin has a fair bit of convincing to do if he wants a team to offer him anything other than a short term deal, at least initially. 

There's something not right about McGeouch either. I wonder if he is dealing with something potentially career threatening. 

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree 100%
Very good in first full season up to end of October when he got injured.

Been injured or pish since.

So about 3-4 good months out of 3 years.

I agree about him returning to Hamilton. Think that’s where he might end up. 

Very good in first full season.... up to october ?

reads very amusing, but is also very true

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye Devlin has a fair bit of convincing to do if he wants a team to offer him anything other than a short term deal, at least initially. 

There's something not right about McGeouch either. I wonder if he is dealing with something potentially career threatening. 

Had a look at his Wikipedia and hibs first season back in the premiership is basically the only full season he’s managed in his career