Fraser Hornby

Not injured according to this (no idea of the accuracy just took a random punt on a site that knows something about them). He hasn't played for them since September but I assumed from what I'd read he was having problems adjusting to France, plus they have a striker who is on top form anyway

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/strasbourg-vs-reims-prediction-preview-team-news-ligue-1-2020-21

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

That would be 5 current u21 squad players at the club 

And that would be a very good platform to build for the future from.  Add a couple of the names I have thrown in during the summer and all of a sudden you have a very exciting potential, and also a very sustainable business model of developing the youngsters and selling on to more senior clubs, becoming known for it which in turn will attract other high potential players who can see a credible development path, aka Ross McRorie and Ferguson who will get game time.  

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Chester Don said:

And that would be a very good platform to build for the future from.  Add a couple of the names I have thrown in during the summer and all of a sudden you have a very exciting potential, and also a very sustainable business model of developing the youngsters and selling on to more senior clubs, becoming known for it which in turn will attract other high potential players who can see a credible development path, aka Ross McRorie and Ferguson who will get game time.  

Hornby will just be on loan though. 

But I agree with the sentiment. 

7 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Welcome on board fella, and hopefully you will love your spell with us and decide to stay a bit longer.

Major rebuild coming, would love to see us keeping Ferguson and with McCrorie, a great start.

Add Campbell from Motherwell and Ali McCann at St Johnstone then all of a sudden things start to look very good indeed.  

Campbell has been available for a full month now on a pre-contract. You would have thought we wouldn't have left things so long if we wanted him.........although given that he hasn't been signed up anywhere else as yet, maybe he isn't as in-demand as everyone expected. 

6 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Do you think McLennan will continue to develop? Some shite has played for the u21's, he will never make a full cap 

16 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

Welcome on board fella, and hopefully you will love your spell with us and decide to stay a bit longer.

Major rebuild coming, would love to see us keeping Ferguson and with McCrorie, a great start.

Add Campbell from Motherwell and Ali McCann at St Johnstone then all of a sudden things start to look very good indeed.  

It's a loan with no option to buy. Reims paid £1.8 million and gave him a 4 year contract in July last year. 

Now I'm no mystic meg but I think Aberdeen would have to spend at least £1 million to sign him permanently so no chance of him staying.

10 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

It's a loan with no option to buy. Reims paid £1.8 million and gave him a 4 year contract in July last year. 

Now I'm no mystic meg but I think Aberdeen would have to spend at least £1 million to sign him permanently so no chance of him staying.

It's a good one for us to take up right now.

If he does so good that its obvious he plays for Reims next season then fantastic weve benefitted from him playing well.

If he only does arite but fits in well then every chance we could get another loan (as it'll be hard to say he's going in to the Reims team if he has say 9 games and 3-4 goals here).

If he's replaced by Main after 3 games then hey it was worth a bash nothing ventured nothing gained.

• Upvote 1