Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen 0 - 2 Livingston

Just now, Stoneybloke said:

Can Lewis do no wrong?

I think he showed he can. Not for the first time. He’s saved us points for most of the seasons he’s been here but this year he’s  cost more points than he’s saved. May be past his sell by date too. Not yet clangers class though. 

Utter shambles from start to finish. 

Lewis sold the jersey and not for the first time this season.

Livi, despite making 4 changes looked far more up for it and sharper. Perhaps there was some truth in the comment Cosgrove made about the intensity in training.

The second goal was a fucking joke. The had time to light a cigarette the amount of space and time he had to get his head on it. Thereafter we huffed and puffed but showed little composure and our final ball was garbage.

Much, much work still to be done. Forget battling for second, we're now in a fight to finish third or fourth. 

42 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The players keep changing (at an unbelievable rate) but the habits stay the same. The manager gets backed time after time. It wouldnt matter how much money you gave him or how many players he gets. In fact, the performances have steadily got worse over the last few years despite the budget increasing quite considerably.   I think he's been allowed to turn over too many players now. 

Absolutely. Aberdeen has a comfy problem. Too many comfy players producing very little for a very, very comfy manager.

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Even McInnes tonight post match.

”we thought at the start of the season that Hibs would be rivals for that 3rd spot”

WTF is that all about?

It’s ingrained in to the psyche.

Spotted that as well, pathetic attitude. You just know they're not going to be bursting a gut to over succeed. It's a horrible weegie trait that only Fergie thought fuck that about, why can't they fucking believe and try and instil it into the players, disgusting. You can't start a season expecting that. 

a month ago I was for letting Robson/Sheerin take over till the end of the season and putting McInnes on gardening leave. It was the pragmatic (and cheapest) option

Now I'm thinking that they'd probably just be more of the same. They've learned their trade under McInnes and I suspect would continue his approach to the letter.

Cormack get your chequebook out. Pay the whole fucking lot off and bring in a new management team with a totally new philosophy and let him have the rest of this season (writing it off, if they get us 4th and Europe consider it a bonus) to assess the squad. Then hand the new man £5million in the summer to assemble his squad. This would cost you a total of around £7-8 million max.

A drop in the ocean to you with your hundreds of millions. Do it and the fans will revere you. Leave things as they are and you will soon end up tarnished with the same brush as Wiggy

Is it just my imagination or do all Lewis’ howlers occur at his right hand post (and usually the at Beach end)?

Binning 3 strikers and bringing in 3 new eens is an act of sheer desperation (and all self inflicted) by our manager and it would not surprise me if Woods is between the sticks v Hibs on Saturday.

Whether that is a justifiable action or not, who cares, needs to happen

10 hours ago, daytripping said:

I couldn't pay my daughter to go now and she loved going with her dad, the Almaty? game she said she nearly hurdled the wall  to smack the athletic who celebrated in front of us, now doesn't care. She has a season card as well, probs her last.

My kids absolutely loathe watching us. One refuses and other complains the whole game about how brutal our football is. 

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Is it just my imagination or do all Lewis’ howlers occur at his right hand post (and usually the at Beach end)?

Binning 3 strikers and bringing in 3 new eens is an act of sheer desperation (and all self inflicted) by our manager and it would not surprise me if Woods is between the sticks v Hibs on Saturday.

Whether that is a justifiable action or not, who cares, needs to happen

I'm not sure but if you remember livi offside goal on Saturday it went through him at that side too. Lewis goalkeeping errors are annoying but not as bad as his atrocious distribution 

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

For THAT 3rd spot.

That only emphasises it. 

Yeh, yeh I get it budgets... but a change in mindset from top down is needed. 

Exactly this, but this is nothing new, Mcinnes has had this attitude since Day 1, he firmly believes we cannot compete on the pitch against the Scum and that resinates to the players. It is back to the days when managers used to openly come out and say they write off the games against the Cheeks and if they get anything it is a massive bonus. That is why the next manager has to come in without this mindset, the question Cormack needs to ask the prospective candidate is where do you want to finish in this league and if his answer is 3rd  move on to the next candidate.

Not sure if McInnes tells the players to slow it down every time the ball goes out of play but it seems like it. We never get the ball and take a quick throw in, wait ages until both teams are set up. Same with goal kicks and all free kicks.

Its like we are desperate to slow the game down to walking pace. Then a team like Livi get in our faces and we look shocked. 

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Not sure if McInnes tells the players to slow it down every time the ball goes out of play but it seems like it. We never get the ball and take a quick throw in, wait ages until both teams are set up. Same with goal kicks and all free kicks.

Its like we are desperate to slow the game down to walking pace. Then a team like Livi get in our faces and we look shocked. 

Think it was deano who could take a quick throw yesterday but hoban refused to move back a few yards to receive it, instead insisting on taking it himself. He then threw it long straight to livi.

On subject of hoban, that has to be the worst performance I've seen from an Aberdeen right back in a long time. Did he manage to complete any passes?