Callum Hendry

1 hour ago, Ke1t said:

I'm curious as to why McInnes went for the fourth choice St Johnstone striker. 

My thoughts exactly.

Desperation is the word that comes to mind.

He’s very similar to Curtis Main really. I don’t blame either player for taking the chance to be at Pittodrie.

Both try their best, both give their all & put themself about, but ultimately not good enough.

The blame for either of them been in the “no9 jersey” for the Dons is the clown in the dug outs fault. 

7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My thoughts exactly.

Desperation is the word that comes to mind.

He’s very similar to Curtis Main really. I don’t blame either player for taking the chance to be at Pittodrie.

Both try their best, both give their all & put themself about, but ultimately not good enough.

The blame for either of them been in the “no9 jersey” for the Dons is the clown in the dug outs fault. 

I was thinking watching Yesterday he had a bit of Main about him. It confirms there is an issue with Anderson as this lad is no better than Anderson

2 hours ago, Sheepo said:

I was thinking watching Yesterday he had a bit of Main about him. It confirms there is an issue with Anderson as this lad is no better than Anderson

My take on it is that we have let 3 strikers go and replaced them like for like, You are making the wrong comparison in mentioning Anderson

Cosgrove..........replacement Hornby. Jury out if better or not, now injured and probably for some time. The Cosgrove that scored goals tilts the balance in his favour although the disinterested Cosgrove was unquestionably shite. No evidence as yet that Hornby is anything other that overpriced shite sadly

Main......replacement Hendry. Seems to be  a carbon copy of Main. Enthusiastic but limited. Will be cheaper than Main so at least we will be saving a decent amount each week.

Anderson.......replacement Kamberi. Full Albanian international, unquestionably an upgrade but can he sustain his interest levels for any length of time?

• 1 month later...

I'm calling it.

Happy to sign this cunt as a squad player. 
Seems like a good lad and looks more likely to score than Kamberi and Hornby. 
Also presumably is cheaper.

We need to sign four strikers this summer so lets focus on saving our pennies for 2 very good signings and stick with Hendry and Anderson as 3 and 4.

Just now, paddy said:

No from me. Didn’t realise he is 23, so doubt he has much scope to improve now. Need quality and not quantity for next season. Bin. 

How many strikers would you like us to go with and how would you split the budget for that?

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm calling it.

Happy to sign this cunt as a squad player. 
Seems like a good lad and looks more likely to score than Kamberi and Hornby. 
Also presumably is cheaper.

We need to sign four strikers this summer so lets focus on saving our pennies for 2 very good signings and stick with Hendry and Anderson as 3 and 4.

As long as 2 others are coming in then I have no issues with him getting a deal.

4 minutes ago, paddy said:

Depends on the formation. 4 if we are going with 2 up top.
Budget also depends - a decent scout could find a gem on buttons.

I agree if we can up our knowledge on more leagues.

But football has moved on from the days of picking up a Henrik Larsson for £500k or even a Mark De Vries. There are bigger clubs snaffling up players before we are even in there.

I think Glen Kamara was a good recent example.

1) We needed to know about him at Arsenal and be ready to pounce when he was released

2) We needed to be brave and go right in with £300k after 6 months. Ok he eventually went for less at only £60k but he was clearly eyeing up better things than AFC after he'd done a year at Dundee

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hendry would be a McInnes type signing along Main lines.  A squad filler who will never be anything other than a squad filler. 

We need to hold our nerve.  There will be better options out there than Callum Hendry.  

This is a good point. Ultimately Hendry was McInnes's signing. Glass will surely want to get as many as his own signings in as he can - we need to move on from the shite been served up this season.

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Would you rather go with Ruth or Dangana as young prospects or carry more senior strikers. How many strikers do you think we need? 

I don't see the point in signing poor players who cannot get a game for a team lower down the league than even us before giving chances to Guys already at the club.

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I don't see the point in signing poor players who cannot get a game for a team lower down the league than even us before giving chances to Guys already at the club.

No problem with that if we have enough players at the club. However I think Ruth would benefit from a loan next season and its still tbc if Anderson will sign on.

He's not getting much game time but has taken his chances well, so on that basis he does deserve credit. He's the only cunt who seems to know where to stick the ball. 

Do I think he's worth a new contract? Maybe, he's scored the same number as Anderson in much less minutes, and in a team who are struggling to create and score, so he'd maybe be a good backup / Cosgrove like experiment.  I've not seen enough of him to say that he'll make it, but as mentioned above, he can score. 

He certainly doesn't deserve any flak.