Callum Hendry

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

He's not getting much game time but has taken his chances well, so on that basis he does deserve credit. He's the only cunt who seems to know where to stick the ball. 

Do I think he's worth a new contract? Maybe, he's scored the same number as Anderson in much less minutes, and in a team who are struggling to create and score, so he'd maybe be a good backup / Cosgrove like experiment.  I've not seen enough of him to say that he'll make it, but as mentioned above, he can score. 

He certainly doesn't deserve any flak. 

What a really simplistic view. Directly comparing total minutes of the two players versus each other with even considering the circumstances surrounding said minutes ?

vast majority of Anderson’s minutes were token game management minutes where we hardly tried to venture up the park. Vast majority of Hendry’s have been in a side desperately chasing games ? Hendry is another Main & will be a Scottish football journeyman like Jim Hamilton 

Anderson has yet to prove he is shite or otherwise with us as he hasn’t had chance to

• Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What a really simplistic view. Directly comparing total minutes of the two players versus each other with even considering the circumstances surrounding said minutes ?

vast majority of Anderson’s minutes were token game management minutes where we hardly tried to venture up the park. Vast majority of Hendry’s have been in a side desperately chasing games ? Hendry is another Main & will be a Scottish football journeyman like Jim Hamilton 

Anderson has yet to prove he is shite or otherwise with us as he hasn’t had chance to

Are you on commission from Bruce to talk him up? 

Fuck me. It's either McInnes was shite or Anderson hasn't had a chance, every cunting day. 

We know your thoughts. Give it a bloody rest 

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Are you on commission from Bruce to talk him up? 

Fuck me. It's either McInnes was shite or Anderson hasn't had a chance, every cunting day. 

We know your thoughts. Give it a bloody rest 

Al give it a rest when he’s given a realistic chance & folk stop writing him off before he’s had that chance.

I have always been a supporter of youth development at Aberdeen & it hasn’t been used as it should have been for a long time & especially under that cunt

26 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Al give it a rest when he’s given a realistic chance & folk stop writing him off before he’s had that chance.

I have always been a supporter of youth development at Aberdeen & it hasn’t been used as it should have been for a long time & especially under that cunt

Freakshow

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

A squad filler. Lets sign players that can actually do a proper job for us and have young lads as the back up. 

Fuck the McInnes loser mentality.

Agreed. 

The days of signing squad filler who will never be anything else than squad filler need to be a thing of the past. 

I'd rather have two strikers of a quality better than we are used to and two young players than have 4 average players.  That way you can pay higher wages to the two senior strikers. 

The two better strikers are then capable of more than the average players and the young players have a chance to develop and return a fee for the club. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agreed. 

The days of signing squad filler who will never be anything else than squad filler need to be a thing of the past. 

I'd rather have two strikers of a quality better than we are used to and two young players than have 4 average players.  That way you can pay higher wages to the two senior strikers. 

The two better strikers are then capable of more than the average players and the young players have a chance to develop and return a fee for the club. 

Agreed. 

4 strikers 

2 shit hot ones & 2 unproven younguns to learn from/with

28 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Let’s be serious here, are people really thinking we should pay money for a guy that’s scored 2 goals for us? 
I’d rather get 2 quality strikers and then go with youth for the back up. 

We might go with Ruth as the 4th striker

But certainly not as the 3rd. 

We will certainly be signing 3 new senior strikers. 2 of whom will hopefully be very recognisable (but more importantly....very good). The third striker will be a squad filler. Not particularly expensive, competent, hopefully enthusiastic. Accepting of his position in the squad and knowing his game time will be limited whilst the 2 first choices are fit/ in reasonable form. But also capable of being usurped for the 3rd choice position by up and coming talent from the youth teams should one emerge.

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

We might go with Ruth as the 4th striker

But certainly not as the 3rd. 

We will certainly be signing 3 new senior strikers. 2 of whom will hopefully be very recognisable (but more importantly....very good). The third striker will be a squad filler. Not particularly expensive, competent, hopefully enthusiastic. Accepting of his position in the squad and knowing his game time will be limited whilst the 2 first choices are fit/ in reasonable form. But also capable of being usurped for the 3rd choice position by up and coming talent from the youth teams should one emerge.

Griffiths

Berahino

Anderson

Ruth

The dream team

10 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Man that obsesses over a man dressed as a woman calls man that obsesses over youth development department a freak show ??

I obsess over Considine? 

I decided to make a username about him for lols. 

16 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I literally said that Hendry has scored 2 goals in a team that is not scoring goals. Where as Anderson has started every game for Hamilton, give or take, and has scored twice. They've also scored a lot more than us in total over that time. So that's the circumstances. 

I'm not really sure where this Anderson obsession comes from. He's nae going to shag you mate. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I literally said that Hendry has scored 2 goals in a team that is not scoring goals. Where as Anderson has started every game for Hamilton, give or take, and has scored twice. They've also scored a lot more than us in total over that time. So that's the circumstances. 

I'm not really sure where this Anderson obsession comes from. He's nae going to shag you mate. 

To be fair to Hendry he's probably doing the job he was signed for so far.  Back up striker expected to come off the bench and weigh in with a few goals. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

To be fair to Hendry he's probably doing the job he was signed for so far.  Back up striker expected to come off the bench and weigh in with a few goals. 

He's done fine so far. I think he's probably one of the few players who doesn't deserve much criticism so far. Haven't seen enough of him to say he'd be good enough to start games though, I don't think the management think so either judging by the lack of game time, although Kamberi would be seen as a better option (maybe not after his last few games, he's done absolutely nothing in either). 

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

He's done fine so far. I think he's probably one of the few players who doesn't deserve much criticism so far. Haven't seen enough of him to say he'd be good enough to start games though, I don't think the management think so either judging by the lack of game time, although Kamberi would be seen as a better option (maybe not after his last few games, he's done absolutely nothing in either). 

Aye. 

If the rest hadn't been so useless at finding the net we probably wouldn't be focusing so much attention on this lad. 

He's probably done himself no harm though in terms of getting a gig somewhere if he's out of the picture at St. 

On 4/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, NEM said:

Ha ha Ando & Ruth > Calum Hendry 

Based on what? I've not seen much of Ruth to make a judgement. Anderson has done very little to suggest he's any better than Hendry tbh. 

If we take away the fact that he's a St Johnstone reserve player and go with what we've seen in his career at Pittodrie, he's got a better goals per minute average than Anderson. 

Either way, none of those three should be our Number 9 next season. 

Just now, StandFree1982 said:

Based on what? I've not seen much of Ruth to make a judgement. Anderson has done very little to suggest he's any better than Hendry tbh. 

If we take away the fact that he's a St Johnstone reserve player and go with what we've seen in his career at Pittodrie, he's got a better goals per minute average than Anderson. 

Either way, none of those three should be our Number 9 next season. 

I actually think Anderson and Hendry are very similar.  Hendry maybe a tad more aggressive. 

9 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Kamberi has been shite too. I'm wondering if we are obliged to start him every game.....

• 2 weeks later...