Sign in to follow this  
minijc

Callum Hendry

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I'm calling it.

Happy to sign this cunt as a squad player. 
Seems like a good lad and looks more likely to score than Kamberi and Hornby. 
Also presumably is cheaper.

We need to sign four strikers this summer so lets focus on saving our pennies for 2 very good signings and stick with Hendry and Anderson as 3 and 4.

As long as 2 others are coming in then I have no issues with him getting a deal.

15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Says the man who only wants 1 or 2 strikers and Dangana and Scott Michie as the back ups

edit... wait... getting you confused with old @NEM... oops

Ha ha Ando & Ruth > Calum Hendry 

18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

How many strikers would you like us to go with and how would you split the budget for that?

Depends on the formation. 4 if we are going with 2 up top.
Budget also depends - a decent scout could find a gem on buttons.

Not for me. Nowhere near good enough, will end up in the Championship

4 minutes ago, paddy said:

Depends on the formation. 4 if we are going with 2 up top.
Budget also depends - a decent scout could find a gem on buttons.

I agree if we can up our knowledge on more leagues.

But football has moved on from the days of picking up a Henrik Larsson for £500k or even a Mark De Vries. There are bigger clubs snaffling up players before we are even in there.

I think Glen Kamara was a good recent example.

1) We needed to know about him at Arsenal and be ready to pounce when he was released

2) We needed to be brave and go right in with £300k after 6 months. Ok he eventually went for less at only £60k but he was clearly eyeing up better things than AFC after he'd done a year at Dundee

6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Not for me. Nowhere near good enough, will end up in the Championship

Would you rather go with Ruth or Dangana as young prospects or carry more senior strikers. How many strikers do you think we need? 

Hendry would be a McInnes type signing along Main lines.  A squad filler who will never be anything other than a squad filler. 

We need to hold our nerve.  There will be better options out there than Callum Hendry.  

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hendry would be a McInnes type signing along Main lines.  A squad filler who will never be anything other than a squad filler. 

We need to hold our nerve.  There will be better options out there than Callum Hendry.  

This is a good point. Ultimately Hendry was McInnes's signing. Glass will surely want to get as many as his own signings in as he can - we need to move on from the shite been served up this season.

12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hendry would be a McInnes type signing along Main lines

You think Derek was using?

Just now, Scotty_Toronto said:

You think Derek was using?

He was looking a bit rough towards the end 

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Would you rather go with Ruth or Dangana as young prospects or carry more senior strikers. How many strikers do you think we need? 

I don't see the point in signing poor players who cannot get a game for a team lower down the league than even us before giving chances to Guys already at the club.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was looking a bit rough towards the end 

Aye, definitely aged over his 8 years with us.

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I don't see the point in signing poor players who cannot get a game for a team lower down the league than even us before giving chances to Guys already at the club.

No problem with that if we have enough players at the club. However I think Ruth would benefit from a loan next season and its still tbc if Anderson will sign on.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Says the man who only wants 1 or 2 strikers and Dangana and Scott Michie as the back ups

edit... wait... getting you confused with old @NEM... oops

🙃

He's not getting much game time but has taken his chances well, so on that basis he does deserve credit. He's the only cunt who seems to know where to stick the ball. 

Do I think he's worth a new contract? Maybe, he's scored the same number as Anderson in much less minutes, and in a team who are struggling to create and score, so he'd maybe be a good backup / Cosgrove like experiment.  I've not seen enough of him to say that he'll make it, but as mentioned above, he can score. 

He certainly doesn't deserve any flak. 

Just now, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Put it this way.  Doubt he could do much more to get a contract.

....score the winner in the cup final?  

Thank you for your services but no thanks. Precisely the kind of signing we need to stop signing. We need 2 starting strikers and the rest goes to youth. We either promote our own youth or we bring 1 or 2 youth players in to fill the void. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

He's not getting much game time but has taken his chances well, so on that basis he does deserve credit. He's the only cunt who seems to know where to stick the ball. 

Do I think he's worth a new contract? Maybe, he's scored the same number as Anderson in much less minutes, and in a team who are struggling to create and score, so he'd maybe be a good backup / Cosgrove like experiment.  I've not seen enough of him to say that he'll make it, but as mentioned above, he can score. 

He certainly doesn't deserve any flak. 

What a really simplistic view. Directly comparing total minutes of the two players versus each other with even considering the circumstances surrounding said minutes 🤣

vast majority of Anderson’s minutes were token game management minutes where we hardly tried to venture up the park. Vast majority of Hendry’s have been in a side desperately chasing games 🤣 Hendry is another Main & will be a Scottish football journeyman like Jim Hamilton 

Anderson has yet to prove he is shite or otherwise with us as he hasn’t had chance to

Edited by fine-n-dandy
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

What a really simplistic view. Directly comparing total minutes of the two players versus each other with even considering the circumstances surrounding said minutes 🤣

vast majority of Anderson’s minutes were token game management minutes where we hardly tried to venture up the park. Vast majority of Hendry’s have been in a side desperately chasing games 🤣 Hendry is another Main & will be a Scottish football journeyman like Jim Hamilton 

Anderson has yet to prove he is shite or otherwise with us as he hasn’t had chance to

Are you on commission from Bruce to talk him up? 

Fuck me. It's either McInnes was shite or Anderson hasn't had a chance, every cunting day. 

We know your thoughts. Give it a bloody rest 

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Are you on commission from Bruce to talk him up? 

Fuck me. It's either McInnes was shite or Anderson hasn't had a chance, every cunting day. 

We know your thoughts. Give it a bloody rest 

Al give it a rest when he’s given a realistic chance & folk stop writing him off before he’s had that chance.

I have always been a supporter of youth development at Aberdeen & it hasn’t been used as it should have been for a long time & especially under that cunt

26 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Al give it a rest when he’s given a realistic chance & folk stop writing him off before he’s had that chance.

I have always been a supporter of youth development at Aberdeen & it hasn’t been used as it should have been for a long time & especially under that cunt

Freakshow

• Dildo on Bonnet 3

3 hours ago, NEM said:

....score the winner in the cup final?  

Ha.  Ok TO DATE he couldn’t have done much more to win a contract.

Let’s be serious here, are people really thinking we should pay money for a guy that’s scored 2 goals for us? 
I’d rather get 2 quality strikers and then go with youth for the back up. 

A squad filler. Lets sign players that can actually do a proper job for us and have young lads as the back up. 

Fuck the McInnes loser mentality.

3 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Freakshow

Man that obsesses over a man dressed as a woman calls man that obsesses over youth development department a freak show 🤔🤪

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

A squad filler. Lets sign players that can actually do a proper job for us and have young lads as the back up. 

Fuck the McInnes loser mentality.

Agreed. 

The days of signing squad filler who will never be anything else than squad filler need to be a thing of the past. 

I'd rather have two strikers of a quality better than we are used to and two young players than have 4 average players.  That way you can pay higher wages to the two senior strikers. 

The two better strikers are then capable of more than the average players and the young players have a chance to develop and return a fee for the club. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agreed. 

The days of signing squad filler who will never be anything else than squad filler need to be a thing of the past. 

I'd rather have two strikers of a quality better than we are used to and two young players than have 4 average players.  That way you can pay higher wages to the two senior strikers. 

The two better strikers are then capable of more than the average players and the young players have a chance to develop and return a fee for the club. 

Agreed. 

4 strikers 

2 shit hot ones & 2 unproven younguns to learn from/with

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agreed. 

100%

28 minutes ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

Let’s be serious here, are people really thinking we should pay money for a guy that’s scored 2 goals for us? 
I’d rather get 2 quality strikers and then go with youth for the back up. 

We might go with Ruth as the 4th striker

But certainly not as the 3rd. 

We will certainly be signing 3 new senior strikers. 2 of whom will hopefully be very recognisable (but more importantly....very good). The third striker will be a squad filler. Not particularly expensive, competent, hopefully enthusiastic. Accepting of his position in the squad and knowing his game time will be limited whilst the 2 first choices are fit/ in reasonable form. But also capable of being usurped for the 3rd choice position by up and coming talent from the youth teams should one emerge.