2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Simunovic isn't realistic. 

Easily earning something like 15K a week. 

Ti fuck. 

How's he getting on? Google is struggling to come up trumps. It did look like he was out of football and I even thought he was maybe retired?

Let me know the details.

Found it now. He's taking two years out of football and then returning. i agree it's unrealistic for Aberdeen and he will certainly sign on with Derek McInnes at his next club.

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Wonder if Jack Grimmer would be an option for right back 

I’d be really reluctant to get a first team RB in if Ramsey impresses until end of season. Last thing we want to do is stifle his development. Certainly be very interested to see how he copes with better quality opponent. But the fact he can actually cross a ball excites me. 

16 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’d be really reluctant to get a first team RB in if Ramsey impresses until end of season. Last thing we want to do is stifle his development. Certainly be very interested to see how he copes with better quality opponent. But the fact he can actually cross a ball excites me. 

I think for the next two months we watch Ramsay and Hernandez and see how they are getting on. No need to jump in to buying a right back when we also have McCrorie and Virtanen too

16 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think he’s only 17 so can’t see him playing every week from now, could see him being drip fed into the team. 

6 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

When he opens it it better be full of cash and not fools gold.   He needs to buy warriors with the war chest and not go down to  the accident and emergency department  like Mchunis continually did.   

McInnes saying yesterday he wont be wasting his time off and by that I presumed he means keeping tabs on all injuries to english based players

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

McInnes saying yesterday he wont be wasting his time off and by that I presumed he means keeping tabs on all injuries to english based players

To be fair to the guy he came across pretty well. Accepted his time with us was up and showed no bitterness towards us. A good man who had done his bit for the club but his time was up.

• Upvote 4
31 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

To be fair to the guy he came across pretty well. Accepted his time with us was up and showed no bitterness towards us. A good man who had done his bit for the club but his time was up.

Yes I thought it was big of him to come straight out and say it was the right time for him and the right time for the club. he said he hoped they could have done the switch at the end of the season but understood the club wanting to prepare correctly for next season

27 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Yes I thought it was big of him to come straight out and say it was the right time for him and the right time for the club. he said he hoped they could have done the switch at the end of the season but understood the club wanting to prepare correctly for next season

I’ve only seen clip but looked very classy of him. Would imagine it would be easy for any manager to come across pretty bitter. 

Just now, slippers said:

I’ve only seen clip but looked very classy of him. Would imagine it would be easy for any manager to come across pretty bitter. 

A different class from the likes of Calderwood who always spouted off that he never knew why he was sacked. Quite ironic now that he genuinely can't remember why he was sacked.

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Only problem he should have accepted his time was up before Muppet  Milne  gave him an extension and bumper salary increase.  

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hopefully he is... and Atlanta give us £800k to spend elsewhere.

Give Ramsay a run at RB & re-invest the £800k on a striker or good winger. 

Aye I'd rather invest the time in Ramsay now.  Unless Atlanta send Hernandez back which could cause a problem, especially if Ramsay is deemed to be the better prospect by the management team. 

i think its very unlikely that we will go into next season with just Ramsay and Virtanen as back up. Ramsay is a very promising talent and will play a lot more but he has had a number of injury/fitness issues in the past couple of years so unless Glass plans to utilize McCrorie in defence at right back id expect someone to come in to compete with Ramsay and both would play a lot of games over the season.

Nicky Devlin from Livi or Jason Naismith from county are both out of contract and shown they are very capable SPL right backs and are also much better crossers of the ball than anyone we have at present so would be ok with either. They would be relatively low cost in terms of wages and on less money than Shay was.

As dire as our strikers have been this season the service into the box and standard of crossing has been horrendous so getting in full backs who can provide threat with decent balls in from fullback would really help our strikers.

With Brown incoming wouldn't be shocked to see us linked with Ralston from Celtic either but would definitely prefer others. 

1 minute ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

i think its very unlikely that we will go into next season with just Ramsay and Virtanen as back up. Ramsay is a very promising talent and will play a lot more but he has had a number of injury/fitness issues in the past couple of years so unless Glass plans to utilize McCrorie in defence at right back id expect someone to come in to compete with Ramsay and both would play a lot of games over the season.

Nicky Devlin from Livi or Jason Naismith from county are both out of contract and shown they are very capable SPL right backs and are also much better crossers of the ball than anyone we have at present so would be ok with either. They would be relatively low cost in terms of wages and on less money than Shay was.

As dire as our strikers have been this season the service into the box and standard of crossing has been horrendous so getting in full backs who can provide threat with decent balls in from fullback would really help our strikers.

With Brown incoming wouldn't be shocked to see us linked with Ralston from Celtic either but would definitely prefer others. 

Maybe but I think we'll spend decent money in some key positions to get players we might not have been able to afford previously and fill the rest with young players we can develop and sell on. 

Much like the mls model with designated players or even similar to the model Hibs used under Mowbray when Glass was a player there. 

Time will tell though. 

3 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Nae offence min but I hope we're aiming higher than all of those suggestions. 

Anthony Ralston is absolutely dirt. 

Aye those are McInnes type signings. 

I think the philosophy will be to go with a youngster rather than a journeyman if we can't get a game changer for that position. 

The days of bringing in multiple average players for a position and hoping one will stick are over I think. 

3 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Would really like a little bit more ambition to be showed than that. Those signings are not going to get 15,000 season tickets. Thats the kind of signings we would have went for under Mcinnes. I am more than happy for Ramsay, Virtanen and McCrorie to be our right back options and put the £1,000-£2,000 a week we would waste on a bench warmer and put it on top of the £3000-£4000 or whatever we are willing to pay a striker to get someone of a higher standard. As I've said previously before id much rather we took in 4-6 high quality players than another 12 of mixed varieties. Nows the time to start trusting youth more and give them the platform to sink or swim.  

• Upvote 1
Just now, slippers said:

Would really like a little bit more ambition to be showed than that. Those signings are not going to get 15,000 season tickets. Thats the kind of signings we would have went for under Mcinnes. I am more than happy for Ramsay, Virtanen and McCrorie to be our right back options and put the £1,000-£2,000 a week we would waste on a bench warmer and put it on top of the £3000-£4000 or whatever we are willing to pay a striker to get someone of a higher standard. As I've said previously before id much rather we took in 4-6 high quality players than another 12 of mixed varieties. Nows the time to start trusting youth more and give them the platform to sink or swim.  

Same here min. 

I hope the model is a bit more disruptive than what we've been used to. 

13 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

These Full backs mentioned are all examples of the standard we need to get above. Naismith failed at Peterboro, failed at Hibs and is now being average back at Ross County. These Guys would be lazy Mcinnes type signings. I would hope the new management team will have more up there sleeve than that