7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Serrano interview on the bbc saying he would come back to Scotland after Livi loan ends... would solve our left back issues.

He seems a bit of a hard bastard. Wouldn't be averse to it, although I have a feeling he might end up being a walking red card if he ended up at us

On 3/4/2021 at 12:55 PM, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I'm just thinking about how long I've been going to the football. Since about 95.

I've seen them win the Scottish Cup 3 times.  Its mingin. Thats more times than I've even seen us get to the final

Since 1995 there's no doubt Hearts have been more successful than we have. As you say they've won the Scottish Cup 3 times whereas in the same period we've only won 2 League Cups. 

What you have to remember is those 3 Scottish Cups are the only major trophies Hearts have won since 1962 (I think Hibs have only won 4 trophies since 1962). That to me is more a sad reflection of the state of Scottish football when you consider Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are the 3 biggest clubs in the country outside of the Glasgow bigot brothers. 

22 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Since 1995 there's no doubt Hearts have been more successful than we have. As you say they've won the Scottish Cup 3 times whereas in the same period we've only won 2 League Cups. 

What you have to remember is those 3 Scottish Cups are the only major trophies Hearts have won since 1962 (I think Hibs have only won 4 trophies since 1962). That to me is more a sad reflection of the state of Scottish football when you consider Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are the 3 biggest clubs in the country outside of the Glasgow bigot brothers. 

The fact Queens Park still have more Scottish Cups than Aberdeen and Hearts is as depressing as it gets given they haven’t won it since 1893

5 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Is it a price worth paying? For me yes. We have done nothing 

the cunts nearly won it another time just a few months ago

Fair point, and to be honest at this point I'd probably take a relegation battle over the boring shite we've had to endure these past few years. 

I actually think that I'd take mcghees last season over this season, (hear me out) at least I felt something then, hate anger, frustration. I basically feel nothing at the moment. I remember when a defeat or a shitty nil nil against the bottom side would have ruined my whole week let alone my weekend. Just can't bring myself to give even the slightest fuck anymore. Sevco winning their first title would have killed me a few years ago, now I don't think I could care less. Change is needed. 

33 minutes ago, don corleone said:

I actually think that I'd take mcghees last season over this season, (hear me out) at least I felt something then, hate anger, frustration. I basically feel nothing at the moment. I remember when a defeat or a shitty nil nil against the bottom side would have ruined my whole week let alone my weekend. Just can't bring myself to give even the slightest fuck anymore. Sevco winning their first title would have killed me a few years ago, now I don't think I could care less. Change is needed. 

Behave 

1 hour ago, don corleone said:

Fair point, and to be honest at this point I'd probably take a relegation battle over the boring shite we've had to endure these past few years. 

Have you ever witnessed what it’s like being in a relegation battle!!. It’s not exciting football, great bounce etc.

Quite the contrary the reason you are in a relegation battle is because  the football you have been playing is shit, the players are also shit. The good time supporters stay away. The crowds are down and keyboard warriors have a feel day slagging off the Players, Manager and the Chairman. It’s not something you should wish for.

I will say though if things don’t change, who knows what next Season will bring!!

1 hour ago, cruickc2 said:

Have you ever witnessed what it’s like being in a relegation battle!!. It’s not exciting football, great bounce etc.

Quite the contrary the reason you are in a relegation battle is because  the football you have been playing is shit, the players are also shit. The good time supporters stay away. The crowds are down and keyboard warriors have a feel day slagging off the Players, Manager and the Chairman. It’s not something you should wish for.

I will say though if things don’t change, who knows what next Season will bring!!

Final 7 games of 94/95 up there with my best days following the dons 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Only because they went our way

Fuck knows why we couldn't have played like that all season though

Fair point.  That's the only time I've really witnessed a relegation battle though and it was full of exciting football and great bounces ?

10 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

I have, and as has been mentioned those last 7 matches are some of my best games and fondest memories of following the Dons. That team was also pretty good I thought. I particularly remember the game at Tynecastle, mainly due to the fact that I had to sit in the main stand and got battered because I couldn't contain myself when Dodds scored the penalty. 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Probably win the league nowadays

Was gonna make a joke about David Winnie having a league winners medal but just looked up the squad and you could make a fair starting 11 out of that. Probably shifting McKimmie to left back cause the rest are pish and having the original rat at right back

http://www.afcheritage.org/Team/CurrentSquad/index.cfm?Season=2020-21

4 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Can barely remember being more nervous before a game than that one. 

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Best atmosphere to have happened for me in any game I've been to. I won't ever forget that.

Me and my Dad got the very last two tickets for the match.

Back row of the Main Stand on the old black seats.

Guest milne_afc
45 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Me and my Dad got the very last two tickets for the match.

Back row of the Main Stand on the old black seats.

Main stand had heaps of empty seats that day. I reckon loads of folk piled into the RDS to be part of the occasion rather than watch in silence from the old bastard’s stand.