Cormack Q&A

Lets be honest the q&a was a PR disaster and Cormack for me is feeling pressure from all angles. If the rumours are true Cormack, Crotty and Eales want McInnes gone and have been faced with a backlash from Milne, Buchan & co. I am not going to pretend I have a great knowledge of the inner workings of the board and who needs to agree what for a decision to be pushed through. The announcement of the Q&A for me was an exercise to get in the questions to relay the message of the discontent with the management team in comparison to the support received as he wasn't happy with the decisions made earlier in the week. 

Mcinnes will be gone at the end of the season or sooner if 3rd place becomes out of reach.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I think he'll still be here next season unless we finish below Livvy. 

Not convinced but as I said I have little knowledge of the inner boardroom workings. Cormack or a source very close to him leaked last week that he would be sacked if we didn't beat hibs, this has been all but confirmed by a number of journalists including Scott Davie last night. It is quite clear the boardroom is split between the decision of Cormack and his side wanting him gone but Milne and the Aberdeen based board members behind Derek 110%. Now depending on the financial situation, I would imagine that Cormack needs more than just Tom Crotty and Darren Eales on side from an investment point of view and potentially having one half of the board and it would be up to them to fund the dismissal of Derek and Doc, which they may not be willing to do just now. Cormack needs to step up and do it as he signed off on his big bumper contract in the first place and took the plaudits for it at the time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

If we sacked him we'd need to pay him off and replace him,  that's the equivalent of two salaries unless we just promote Sheerin or Robson.  He won't just walk. 

I agree he won't walk but its a drop in seaon ticket sales and DNA plus 17k each week v  striking a deal to get rid and getting a man in on far less and keeping the support on side.

20 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Not convinced but as I said I have little knowledge of the inner boardroom workings. Cormack or a source very close to him leaked last week that he would be sacked if we didn't beat hibs, this has been all but confirmed by a number of journalists including Scott Davie last night. It is quite clear the boardroom is split between the decision of Cormack and his side wanting him gone but Milne and the Aberdeen based board members behind Derek 110%. Now depending on the financial situation, I would imagine that Cormack needs more than just Tom Crotty and Darren Eales on side from an investment point of view and potentially having one half of the board and it would be up to them to fund the dismissal of Derek and Doc, which they may not be willing to do just now. Cormack needs to step up and do it as he signed off on his big bumper contract in the first place and took the plaudits for it at the time. 

Milnes got some brass neck if he leaves it to Cormack and co to fund the payoff given he handed McInness the ridiculous contract.

More likely it'll be club funds used to pay him off 

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Think the Donald's, not related to Ian, are pretty influential. Clearly not in favour of mcinnes going. 

Mcinnes was asked about q and a today, said he had no involvement in it at any stage, was chairman idea. 

11 minutes ago, Roberto said:

As much as I would love us to win the Scottish Cup there is a major part of me that doesn't want that until fans are allowed back in to stadiums.

Fuck winning the Scottish Cup and not being there to witness it.

I agree to an extent. But would rather we won it than someone else won it, regardless of fans. Either the Dons win it, or the thing gets canned till next season. 

48 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Of course the 3rd tier is where we are, if even that

The Glasgow two are europa level so we are at least one behind 

As much as it pains me - this is spot on. We have been papped out of qualifiers by several mediocre teams, the 3rd tier is (hopefully) more to our level with the odd “glamour” tie thrown in.

1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

But are chairman thinks there will be 15000 signed up by next season.

He is not working in the real world, I think your 5K is about right  especially if DM is still around

DM still in post next season will reduce the season ticket numbers and DNA cash 

He hasn’t said 15,000 “by next season” to be fair.

It’s a long-term goal, albeit a pipe dream.

If we get past 10,000 we are doing well in a normal season  when crowds are allowed.

If McInnes stays beyond May, I doubt it’ll be even 5,000.

3 hours ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

But are chairman thinks there will be 15000 signed up by next season.

He is not working in the real world, I think your 5K is about right  especially if DM is still around

DM still in post next season will reduce the season ticket numbers and DNA cash 

He hasn't said 15k by next season. It's his ultimate aim to get to 15k ST. 

Never going to happen, but that's his aim.

9 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Seems Gooby the offended is wanting to find out who a few of us are.

Pissed off about spreading rumours or some shit.

Unsure why he's pissed at me given he called Millie Willer a nonce and the evidence is there but hey ho.

You did so..... yeah....

Who is gooby ?

I heard Hernandez came about from something to do with the MLS owning players contracts centrally and we were recommended him.

Signing him was up to DM who later decided he couldn’t defend and didn’t fit the Scottish game at all. Who knows if we’ll get money back on him. I don’t think we were a placeholder in a murky deal for Atlanta. There seems to be more to in terms of the contracts but less to it in terms of DM signing him. Possibly just mugged and a terrible signing.

DC seems to be fuming about that amongst many other things and cut off the funds in January to stop more money and contracts being blown and to force playing some of the youth, hence DM mentioning not being happy with the dealings. 

My take is DM is certainly gone at the end of the season and DC is privately on the exact same wavelength as the fans. It was probably DC that spoke to English, trying to give them an almighty kick up the arse but it backfired. Now he’s gone the other supportive direction. Reckon he’s mortified taking the bullets for DM just now, quite selfless though. 

27 minutes ago, SDY said:

I heard Hernandez came about from something to do with the MLS owning players contracts centrally and we were recommended him.

Signing him was up to DM who later decided he couldn’t defend and didn’t fit the Scottish game at all. Who knows if we’ll get money back on him. I don’t think we were a placeholder in a murky deal for Atlanta. There seems to be more to in terms of the contracts but less to it in terms of DM signing him. Possibly just mugged and a terrible signing.

DC seems to be fuming about that amongst many other things and cut off the funds in January to stop more money and contracts being blown and to force playing some of the youth, hence DM mentioning not being happy with the dealings. 

My take is DM is certainly gone at the end of the season and DC is privately on the exact same wavelength as the fans. It was probably DC that spoke to English, trying to give them an almighty kick up the arse but it backfired. Now he’s gone the other supportive direction. Reckon he’s mortified taking the bullets for DM just now, quite selfless though. 

Who’s your source like?

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

Pissed off about spreading rumours or some shit. Guilty conscience given wasn't technically named but I won't go there.

Unsure why he's pissed at me given he called Millie Willer a nonce and the evidence is there but hey ho.

You did so..... yeah.... 

Just seen his Twitter. He should sign up and open a can of whoop ass on the Hat 

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, SDY said:

Hi Dave. 

6 hours ago, SDY said:

Hernandez deal to atlanta was meant to be done. I'm sure there's a pic of him wearing atlanta hoody at Pittodrie. 

11 hours ago, Roberto said:

Pissed off about spreading rumours or some shit. Guilty conscience given wasn't technically named but I won't go there.

You did so..... yeah.... 

If Millie Willie wants to use derogatory language to describe someone he’s never met in person on Twitter then he should be prepared to be called a nonce for having a name like Millie.

• Dildo 2
On 2/16/2021 at 9:08 AM, dazzy_deff said:

He also has a conviction for stalking a bird and a restraining order against him. He's in no position whatsoever to attack anyone for their way of thinking. 

I hope he suffers the Jim Traynor treatment @Poodler

The only criminal conviction I have is a speeding one from 2007. That’s a fairly defamatory thing to be posting online which simply isn’t true.