Cormack Q&A

2 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

In what way has he played the fans? 

Cancelled the Q&A when fans were breathing fire, leaked the 'Glass for manager with Brown as whatever' 'rumour' way ahead of time in order to get the inevitable 'Are you fucking kidding me' backlash out of the way, Put Glass... who is a great speaker, btw... in front of a camera to further placate the fans, then given people time to calm down and become familiar/resigned to the prospect of an inexperienced/poor management team. 

Now the anger has subsided, as it always does, he 's ready to answer questions from cooler heads at a time, and under conditions, of his choosing. 

Like I said, I applaud his cunning. 

• Downvote 3
  • Dildo 4

1 minute ago, NEM said:

How’s that then? 

When Cormack cancelled the Q&A, DM was still the manager and we were well into our 'Not Scoring Any Goals And The Fans Are Fucking Raging' period of the season. 

...and your question was 'what anger'?

6 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Not so much cunning as good and sensible decision making id say

I guess it depends upon how you view what happened... the point was he was smarter about it than the teuchter would have been.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

When Cormack cancelled the Q&A, DM was still the manager and we were well into our 'Not Scoring Any Goals And The Fans Are Fucking Raging' period of the season. 

...and your question was 'what anger'?

I assumed you meant over the management team.

He made a mistake (which he’s admitted) committing to the Q&A while McInnes was still in place given the run we were on. I’d say sacking the cunt is the reason the anger has subsided tbf

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

I assumed you meant over the management team.

He made a mistake (which he’s admitted) committing to the Q&A while McInnes was still in place given the run we were on. I’d say sacking the cunt is the reason the anger has subsided tbf

No, there's a comma in there which separated the anger from the management appointments.

Everything he did from the point he cancelled the Q&A was planned to calm people's tits before he ever sat down and answered a question. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, in fact I'm impressed at his organisational skills in planning and executing the whole series of events between then and now. 

Cancelling the Q&A - Sacking McInnes - Leaking the Glass-Brown appointments - Leaving the 'discussion' of those (on the face of it) bizarre appointments to settle down - Getting glass in front of the cameras - Letting people talk about how terrific Glass is - Q&A

Cormack's no fool... and I hope it can work to our advantage as well as it does to his. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
41 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

No, there's a comma in there which separated the anger from the management appointments.

Everything he did from the point he cancelled the Q&A was planned to calm people's tits before he ever sat down and answered a question. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, in fact I'm impressed at his organisational skills in planning and executing the whole series of events between then and now. 

Cancelling the Q&A - Sacking McInnes - Leaking the Glass-Brown appointments - Leaving the 'discussion' of those (on the face of it) bizarre appointments to settle down - Getting glass in front of the cameras - Letting people talk about how terrific Glass is - Q&A

Cormack's no fool... and I hope it can work to our advantage as well as it does to his. 

You wear a tin foil hat at night, don't you?

43 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

So much unnecessary negativity, have a day off.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Ke1t said:

You think it was just a random series of uncoordinated events?

Fair enough.

I never said anything of the kind darling. My offhand comment has it's roots in your rantings.

Ease off the laughing gas, hoss. Life isn't that mathematical.

7 minutes ago, Mr John said:

I never said anything of the kind darling. My offhand comment has it's roots in your rantings.

Ease off the laughing gas, hoss. Life isn't that mathematical.

If you thought anything I said was a 'rant' you must be a VERY sensitive little flower.

It either was planned or it wasnt.

You think it just fell into place thanks to good fortune, and I believe he's a methodical businessman who works to a plan.

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Aye maybe not as much in that post but your few before zzzzz

There's no negativity in the previous posts either. 

you're maybe reading them in an internally negative voice, but if anything I'm posting a positive message that we've a better chairman than before, and one who can manipulate a situation to provide a positive outcome. 

Positive and open (other than he didn't really explain why Stephen Glass' name had been touted since he took over as chairman).

Ultimately he did not give me the reassurance that he was going to implement meaningful change. 

Mentioned 1 or 2 trophies in next 5 years, but didn't make reference to what they were. Maybe he is keeping his powder dry but I got the feeling he was talking about the cups, and I remember a certain Mr Milne going on about winning a cup every 3 years. 

Ultimately whilst he has ambitions for the club, there was no indication that he has any ambition for the Scottish league set up, and if he doesnt tackle that, any ambitions he has for the club will be scuppered by it. 

Sorry Dave but im no longer buying a season ticket for a competition we have no chance of winning, and I certainly won't be encouraging my friends and family. 

• Dildo 7
3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ernie, Aberdeen haven't won the league for over a third of a century. I don't understand your timing of jacking it. Under EVERY manager recruited by Milne, it was never going to happen. He had been pulling the strings for 25 years.

If ever there was a time to support AFC, it's now. I predict a significant increase in home crowds for our first few games. What they do on the pitch, particularly how hard they work and how much fight they show will be the key as to whether the missing thousands will remain un-missing but a new manager, the first selected by a new chairman, this is the fresh slate that we have been screaming for, the first this century.

Bravo ????

15 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Positive and open (other than he didn't really explain why Stephen Glass' name had been touted since he took over as chairman).

Ultimately he did not give me the reassurance that he was going to implement meaningful change. 

Mentioned 1 or 2 trophies in next 5 years, but didn't make reference to what they were. Maybe he is keeping his powder dry but I got the feeling he was talking about the cups, and I remember a certain Mr Milne going on about winning a cup every 3 years. 

Ultimately whilst he has ambitions for the club, there was no indication that he has any ambition for the Scottish league set up, and if he doesnt tackle that, any ambitions he has for the club will be scuppered by it. 

Sorry Dave but im no longer buying a season ticket for a competition we have no chance of winning, and I certainly won't be encouraging my friends and family. 

We have had one meaningful chance of winning the league in the last 30 years and it was McInnes' shot while Celtic were floundering under Deila. You need a combination of circumstances in the uneven financial playing field of Scottish football to aid your cause and that was it. It didn't happen in the end. 

I want a team that sees Rangers and Celtic as there for the taking. But we can't surely see taking that trophy as an expectation. The odds are so unfavourably stacked against those outside of that pair in so many ways and have been for so long. 

Progress starts with solid steps forward. What improvements can we make in the next few seasons? Change the brand of football, which hasn't actually been football for about three years. Win trophies. Get to the group stages of the Europa. 

If we do those things we can build momentum and start to look higher. But we can't genuinely be looking to win that league any time soon. Fans will only disappoint themselves. 

7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Ernie, Aberdeen haven't won the league for over a third of a century. I don't understand your timing of jacking it. Under EVERY manager recruited by Milne, it was never going to happen. He had been pulling the strings for 25 years.

If ever there was a time to support AFC, it's now. I predict a significant increase in home crowds for our first few games. What they do on the pitch, particularly how hard they work and how much fight they show will be the key as to whether the missing thousands will remain un-missing but a new manager, the first selected by a new chairman, this is the fresh slate that we have been screaming for, the first this century.

Well was there ever a right time to jack it.  TBH I knew in 2012, I knew before 2012, perhaps I should have jacked it before. 

But the huns winning the league Tbh has disgusted me. The league is just one big piss take. Its not acceptable. 

I'm praying for Aberdeen, Hibs, United etc to finally grow a set, and I was really hoping that Dave has something radical, but he didn't.  It's just the same old stuff with a but of extra positivity added in. 

Say he gets 15000 season tickets. What difference is that going to make if we're still operating in the same set up? It make any difference. I like his energy, but it's not focusing on the important thing. 

The league set up is the foundations. If that is not right, anything we attempt to build will fail. 

3 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

We have had one meaningful chance of winning the league in the last 30 years and it was McInnes' shot while Celtic were floundering under Deila. You need a combination of circumstances in the uneven financial playing field of Scottish football to aid your cause and that was it. It didn't happen in the end. 

And I'm not sure that was a meaningful chance. But what youve said is exactly the point. 

Trying to do what he is doing, without addressing what you have highlighted is putting the cart before the horse.  Its it pointless. 

• Downvote 1