Cormack Q&A

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Not sure what you expect Cormack to do about the league structure and the financial disparities . 

I expect him to engage with the other non old firm teams with a view to changing things. Ultimately if they cannot get agreement from the old firm, I expect him to get at least 9 other teams together, quit the SPFL and form a new league. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I expect him to engage with the other non old firm teams with a view to changing things. Ultimately if they cannot get agreement from the old firm, I expect him to get at least 9 other teams together, quit the SPFL and form a new league. 

Would love that to happen but even if the other clubs were in favour (and I seriously doubt the likes of Killie and Motherwell would be), I doubt it would gain SFA approval and consequently no UEFA approval either.

The best hope is for the arse cheeks to fuck off voluntarily to England or some new UEFA sanctioned set up. But then again, if they did you can be certain they'd attempt to leave  "colts"  teams playing in the league as feeders for their big teams. 

• Upvote 1

so what did we learn?

Ronnie is not coming back in the summer window. A half suggestion that he will be coming back in January - we'll see.

Mackenzie was going on loan to Atlanta 2 before covid hit

We paid nothing for Jon Gallagher and (according to Dave) there was no expectation to play him

Thinks 5 years until a new stadium is possible (I am always quoting 10)

We'll use share issue and bond issue to make up some of the finance gap for the stadium

Open to looking at the beach stadium proposal

Matchday experience. Marquee on cricket pitch, using beach ballroom, marquee outside rds and inside rds all mentioned as spaces to use to increase experience.

DNA/membership - hinted at a bit of a change when the season tickets are launched? 

Season ticket launch will be last week of April or first week of May

The insurance policy looks good for £2M

£10M Blackhole is covered now due to new investment, player sales, salary cuts, government 20Y loan, furlough/grants, insurance claim.

£2M additional blackhole if no walk up fans until 1st January 2022 

Oh and dont be negative it we want to loan two players from Atlanta 2 because it might help us stretch to afford a better experienced striker......

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

so what did we learn?

Ronnie is not coming back in the summer window. A half suggestion that he will be coming back in January - we'll see.

We paid nothing for Jon Gallagher and (according to Dave) there was no expectation to play him

We'll use share issue and bond issue to make up some of the finance gap for the stadium

Matchday experience. Marquee on cricket pitch, using beach ballroom, marquee outside rds and inside rds all mentioned as spaces to use to increase experience.

DNA/membership - hinted at a bit of a change when the season tickets are launched? 

£10M Blackhole is covered now due to new investment, player sales, salary cuts, government 20Y loan, furlough/grants, insurance claim.

Oh and dont be negative it we want to loan two players from Atlanta 2 because it might help us stretch to afford a better experienced striker......

And he likes rowies with bacon

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d love to know who the final 4 on the managerial list were (all young coaches by sounds of it)

I’m pretty sure Maloney would’ve been one. 

If 4 rookies with little or no real experiences or much of a coaching/managerial record to use in an interview it’ll have come down largely to who talked the best game. 

I reckon it was

glass

maloney

goodwin

and enzo??(probably Callum Davidson)

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d love to know who the final 4 on the managerial list were (all young coaches by sounds of it)

If 4 rookies with little or no real experiences or much of a coaching/managerial record to use in an interview it’ll have come down largely to who talked the best game. 

Yea was thinking the same who were the

8 that he said were shortlisted

the 4 who were outstanding candidates,

the 2 it came down to

It's still all a bit interesting with the Glass being touted for 12-18 months thing

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I would have eaten literally 100s more in my time if i knew they would disappear.

What are they?, they look like welsh rock cakes or scones with bicarbonate in them?.a will try next time am in Aberdeen for the game 

oh come on now,was a genuine question for fucks sake, knowledge is power, il bring up some Ayrshire tatties next time am up.do a swap

• Dildo 1

Anyone that believes him when he says Glass was only selected after a thorough prawcess, needs to give themselves a shake. I've said it before, there is no way Glass would be our manager if he wasn't at Atlanta.

The other bizarre comment he made was that the Jon Gallagher loan benefitted Aberdeen as much as Atlanta, if he seriously thinks that loan worked well for Aberdeen the man is way more out of touch than originally feared.

Fair play for doing the Q&A, not something Milne would've ever done (AGM aside), however it's fairly evident Atlanta control us, also sounds like we may have more hot prospects like Jon Gallagher to look forward to in the future.

• Dildo 2
8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Would love that to happen but even if the other clubs were in favour (and I seriously doubt the likes of Killie and Motherwell would be), I doubt it would gain SFA approval and consequently no UEFA approval either.

The best hope is for the arse cheeks to fuck off voluntarily to England or some new UEFA sanctioned set up. But then again, if they did you can be certain they'd attempt to leave  "colts"  teams playing in the league as feeders for their big teams. 

So the sfa would forsake the whole game in Scotland for the sake of two clubs?

Oh hang on...

1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Anyone that believes him when he says Glass was only selected after a thorough prawcess, needs to give themselves a shake. I've said it before, there is no way Glass would be our manager if he wasn't at Atlanta.

The other bizarre comment he made was that the Jon Gallagher loan benefitted Aberdeen as much as Atlanta, if he seriously thinks that loan worked well for Aberdeen the man is way more out of touch than originally feared.

Fair play for doing the Q&A, not something Milne would've ever done (AGM aside), however it's fairly evident Atlanta control us, also sounds like we may have more hot prospects like Jon Gallagher to look forward to in the future.

McInnes clearly rated Gallagher, so much so, he played him in central midfield when he'd been a right back his whole life. 

No obligation to play him and McInnes gave him 30+ appearances. 

McInnes also used Cormacks money to sign a 800k right back, and never played him. 

10 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Positive and open (other than he didn't really explain why Stephen Glass' name had been touted since he took over as chairman).

Ultimately he did not give me the reassurance that he was going to implement meaningful change. 

Mentioned 1 or 2 trophies in next 5 years, but didn't make reference to what they were. Maybe he is keeping his powder dry but I got the feeling he was talking about the cups, and I remember a certain Mr Milne going on about winning a cup every 3 years. 

Ultimately whilst he has ambitions for the club, there was no indication that he has any ambition for the Scottish league set up, and if he doesnt tackle that, any ambitions he has for the club will be scuppered by it. 

Sorry Dave but im no longer buying a season ticket for a competition we have no chance of winning, and I certainly won't be encouraging my friends and family. 

Bizarre time to say this.

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Who were the four teams in England that changed their manager at the same time as us that he referred too? Portsmouth and Notts County are two of them I think.

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

Who were the four teams in England that changed their manager at the same time as us that he referred too? Portsmouth and Notts County are two of them I think.

Birmingham were another.

Notts County are non league doubt it was them.

I did enjoy his pop at Cosgrove "not exactly firing on all cylinders". 

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Why dont they open the broadhill bar, have upstairs bouncing and down stairs for families before the game? Would be cheaper in the end after hiring beach ballroom and pitching marquee tents aboot the place.

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

so what did we learn?

That's positive news I think. No mention at all about #AllforAuroa then?

10 minutes ago, Dynamo said:

Birmingham were another.

Notts County are non league doubt it was them.

I did enjoy his pop at Cosgrove "not exactly firing on all cylinders". 

Yeah, a good dig towards Mcinnes there and his narrative that we couldn’t score because our top striker had been sold on the last day of the window. Never mind  the 15+ transfer windows he’d had a chance to build a squad that didn’t include Curtis Main and Sam Cosgrove as our only options

Now we've had the talk, it will soon be time for Glass and co to walk the talk.

I may be in the minority at present, insomuch as I am not completely sold by DC, but I did want management change.

I really hope that the recent changes bring improvement and, ultimately, success but would caution folk not to expect too much too soon. If DC has got his recent decisions right improvement will take time to kick in.

10 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Sadly the majority of those teams are more than happy to accept their place and feed off of the Old Firm teat, you can see this with the reaction to us changing it up, they hate it, their fans hate it too and say "what more do they want".

Cormack says a lot of the right things and it's very encouraging, if these plans work out we can become a very successful and self sustainable club by having a huge emphasis on bringing through young players, picking up some quality players and add in a mix of the right experienced players, getting 2-3 years out of them then moving them on for profit.