Cormack Q&A

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Yes quite strange but I see another poster suggesting the reason....

If he is going to miss a number of games then we have to default to this weekend being his first game in charge. 

Or could just be that he has lived in the states for the last 10 years and will have alot of stuff to sort out before he moves back over here.

Not like he is just nipping up the A9 and can head back home again if required to sort things.

1 minute ago, cruickc2 said:

Or could just be that he has lived in the states for the last 10 years and will have alot of stuff to sort out before he moves back over here.

Not like he is just nipping up the A9 and can head back home again if required to sort things.

I'd guess he is going to live out of a hotel/flat this season and move over in the summer

14 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well was there ever a right time to jack it.  TBH I knew in 2012, I knew before 2012, perhaps I should have jacked it before. 

But the huns winning the league Tbh has disgusted me. The league is just one big piss take. Its not acceptable. 

I'm praying for Aberdeen, Hibs, United etc to finally grow a set, and I was really hoping that Dave has something radical, but he didn't.  It's just the same old stuff with a but of extra positivity added in. 

Say he gets 15000 season tickets. What difference is that going to make if we're still operating in the same set up? It make any difference. I like his energy, but it's not focusing on the important thing. 

The league set up is the foundations. If that is not right, anything we attempt to build will fail. 

Credit to you Ernie  as the only one that Ive noticed to mention 2012.  That horrific carve up still lingers in my mind as well if few others.

14 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Would love that to happen but even if the other clubs were in favour (and I seriously doubt the likes of Killie and Motherwell would be), I doubt it would gain SFA approval and consequently no UEFA approval either.

The best hope is for the arse cheeks to fuck off voluntarily to England or some new UEFA sanctioned set up. But then again, if they did you can be certain they'd attempt to leave  "colts"  teams playing in the league as feeders for their big teams. 

Exactly the reason colt teams must never be allowed. 

10 hours ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

McInnes clearly rated Gallagher, so much so, he played him in central midfield when he'd been a right back his whole life. 

No obligation to play him and McInnes gave him 30+ appearances. 

McInnes also used Cormacks money to sign a 800k right back, and never played him. 

Jon Gallagher was a forward during his college career for Bobby Clark. His goalscoring record at Notre Dame attests to that. He was used at right back for Atlanta 2.

He did an interview after leaving Aberdeen saying he was thrown in at attacking mid but I'm pretty sure he was referring to the fact it was an abrupt change from where he was used at Atlanta. He is definitely not a fullback. 

As for Dave's comments on him, we got 30 odd games from him so on paper he can make the point it benefitted us. Him and Hernandez aren't enough to put me off using some of their players just yet, although I'm tired of George Bellow being brought up at every opportunity because he got a cap for the USA.