Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

5 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Give people the opportunity and means to spout utter shyte publicly, and they will do so.

A change is definitely needed but ffs let the guy leave with a bit of dignity and appreciation for the good things achieved during his tenure.

I agree. It's the degradation of the guy. I've said some pretty off base stuff about him in the past when I've been angry at results, immediately after matches etc, but that's football fans. You're frustrated on the Saturday and you see what the next game brings, all week, every week, these cunts just keep at it. 

When they get their wish, which they well might, are they going to take some sort of pride in seeing this man, who definitely loves our clubs, be chased out his job? 

It's probably just a further example of how social media can bring the worst out of people. 

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Acting like OF fans. Embarrassing cunts min

Some of the tweets can be funny, but if you look at the pages of the folk posting them, it's just the same shit over and over and over. 

My advice to them;  get a fuckin' grip, stop obsessing over something you can't control, and try focus your energy in to something that isn't getting a guy sacked. 

Fuds. 

Just now, rocket_scientist said:

You've got a lot of hate and intolerance for a young loon. In fact, you're no better than OF fans.

You would be embarrassing if we had any responsibility for the likes of you, which we don't, thank fuck.

It's your middle class mummy and daddy who need to hide their heads in shame.

Victim FC at it again

7 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

To be fair his son is a complete and utter helmet. Wouldn't mind the idea of someone knocking him about. 

But aye, a lot of it is for clout and a few likes. Gets that dopamine going, I suppose. 

So folk say but I’d probably be pissed off if folk were constantly onto me slating my old man. Don’t blame him for reacting. 

Twitter is a real skidmark of life now.  Just sad and pathetic.  Folk tweeting his son and the folk that tweet Taylors bird are a new level of sad.  You may not like these guys but bringing family in to it for the sake if a few likes and a giggle from an immature batch of folk is poor.  Even sadder when it appears to be actual adults.

Twitter - good for genuine interaction with fans, funny videos, music, bands and movie  promotion and scantily clad women.  The rest can get in the bin as its usually weirdos.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

So folk say but I’d probably be pissed off if folk were constantly onto me slating my old man. Don’t blame him for reacting. 

100%. 

He's only doing what anyone else would do, whilst simultaneously being a huge helmet. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

Social media certainly has brought the worst out of you.

How the fuck can you possibly say that he "loves" AFC?

He loves his pay packet. He loves himself. He didn't even relocate his family here. He saw AFC as a stepping stone. He thought he was bigger and better than us. He wasn't and he thought wrong.

That'll be your victim FC at it, once again. 

4 hours ago, CalgaryDon said:

Fully expect dogs abuse for this controversial post. I appreciate the criticism and scrutiny McInnes is under but I'd be sad to see him leave.

Personally (and for many younger fans) this is the most successful period of supporting Aberdeen I've witnessed and that is due to McInnes. In that same period, Hibs, Hearts (twice) and Dundee Utd have all been relegated and we've won a cup. McInnes has been incredibly unfortunate the past 2 seasons to finish fourth. We'd have finished 3rd last season had it not been cut short. The season prior, a last minute penalty awarded to Killie that was a blatant dive prevented us third (it was killie's best points tally ever in the league). I also recall we should have finished 2nd in McInnes' first season -  a blatant foul on Langfield in the last minute of the season.

Prior to that I've witnessed Paterson, McGhee, Ebbe etc. Terrible managers. Aside from the Europa league's last 32 and one 3rd place finish, Calderwood's greatest achievement was consistent top 6 finishes.

Injuries, Kamberi's visa, the forced sale of players etc have not helped in recent weeks. I agree the style of football recently has been shocking to watch, his tactics have been wrong, certain signings have been poor and this latest run of results is relegation form. However we are currently 4th in the league and if we beat Hibs in the top 6 split and starting this weekend can get back to winning ways we can still finish 3rd (which given our resources is where we should finish).

McInnes brought the club back up from historically Aberdeens worst period (1998-2012). I feel he deserves criticism but he also deserves respect for what he's done during his time here. Others may rightfully argue that a change is required. IMO there is no one I'm aware of currently available that would be a better option then McInnes. It would be an expensive move that might not lead to a better appointment. My fear is a change would revert us back into the days of bottom six football. 

Having a fear of getting rid of a very average manager because the ones prior to him for approx 20 years were even worse is understandable but not a good enough reason not to act. All of that mediocrity had one thing in common and that is Stewart Milne. I am lucky to be old enough to have watched our team play under better quality managers including Fergie, Billy McNeill and Ally MacLeod  who had a different thing in common and that was Dick Donald. I think as we now have a new chairman in control we should be brave and let him bring in his own man in and see what happens. He may be an unknown quantity at the moment but being a canny Aberdonian who has done "nae bad" for himself i'm pretty sure he hasn't come in just to fuck things up.   

Here's how it works... for adults. We use words.

You say he loves AFC. I am calling you out on this fantasy.

Why are you making this up?

Unless you're another one with delusions of being ITK?

I mean nobody can know if he loves AFC for certain, I choose to believe he does have an affection for the club. 

We've been good to him, as he's been good to us. Does he love the club like a supporter? No. Does he love the club like an employee who loves his job, aye. 

3 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Aye, now he's saying this, when the gun is pointing at his head, 8 years after he moved here, only he never "moved here" and certainly never said nor ever gave the impression that he had any "love" for the club, the city nor the shire.

Unlike Billy McNeill and Alex Ferguson, fellow weegies (attracted to the NE by good NE men) who relocated their families immediately, the bearded charlatan weegie midget was recruited by a bad NE "man", a baldy charlatan midget who didn't understand (nor cared) about the need for the manager to be committed and lead by example.

Most of the weegies living amongst us in the NE think they're superior beings. They think they're "gallus", they love the sound of their own voices and they are a poison and a stain on our environment. Willie Miller is one of the worst and it was his poison that was feeding Calderwood. McInnes being a hun though, he was poisoned from the day he was born and unlike SAF who was strong enough and wise enough to reject the sectarian bigotry that is Scotland's shame, McInnes has neither the strength of character nor the strength of personality to succeed at anything.

Probably one of the most bigoted bits of shite I’ve read on here. At least your one of the most well balanced posters here, with a huge chip on each shoulder. 

Not sure what the obsession with where he is from or lives is, he was definitely successful for us in his first 5 years and he’s not suddenly relocated. His attitude, ideas, passion and effectiveness have deteriorated which is the real issue.

20 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Some of the tweets can be funny, but if you look at the pages of the folk posting them, it's just the same shit over and over and over. 

My advice to them;  get a fuckin' grip, stop obsessing over something you can't control, and try focus your energy in to something that isn't getting a guy sacked. 

Fuds. 

I dunno like, I enjoy saying the players are rubbish 

*ash Taylor 

15 minutes ago, Tzvetanovs hair said:

Twitter is a real skidmark of life now.  Just sad and pathetic.  Folk tweeting his son and the folk that tweet Taylors bird are a new level of sad.  You may not like these guys but bringing family in to it for the sake if a few likes and a giggle from an immature batch of folk is poor.  Even sadder when it appears to be actual adults.

Twitter - good for genuine interaction with fans, funny videos, music, bands and movie  promotion and scantily clad women.  The rest can get in the bin as its usually weirdos.

See what doesn't help are that those two go out of their way to throw fans under the bus, he searches his old mans name and makes snide comments, she searches her husbands name then incites a pile on with all the AberDAs that think she'll shag them if they stick up for her.

Ah ok, so despite the evidence - that he failed to relocate his family, readily spoke to other clubs including asking for 48 hours to consider the last one (before Milne threw the chequebook at him) - you now "choose to believe" that he loves AFC whereas you earlier said he "definitely" loves AFC?

Where did your certainty come from? His interview in the last few days?

Not relocating his family is somewhat of a weird bugbear to have. It's not like we live in a huge country where he's never going to see them. 

Milne did fuck it by throwing the chequebook at him, I agree. The hun job thing is something that'll stick in the throats of fans, and I understand. It depends what narrative you believe. 

There was the notion that Dave King addressed him as "Del Boy" and McInnes wasn't all too impressed with the professionalism at boardroom level. There is also the suggestion that he could see he wasn't going to be given the funds to stop Celtic, which is what they'd have wanted, so he backed out knowing it would've damaged his reputation. 

Ive also heard that Rangers, typically, wanted to be rat bastards about the whole thing and ask him to resign from his post at AFC, ensuring Aberdeen never saw a penny for him. This was something he didn't want to do, and was a huge factor in him staying. He didn't want to "burn bridges." 

Who knows. I don't. You certainly don't. I'm just providing an opinion. 

1 minute ago, rocket_scientist said:

"Definitely successful"?

Fuck me. As I've said for years, he will never manage a club bigger than us.

That is the true test. He has failed. He didn't go stale. He was never any good.

Yes, he was definitely successful in his first c5 years with us. If he left the day after the Scottish cup final v Celtic in 2017 we would have been gutted. 

9 minutes ago, Poodler said:

I dunno like, I enjoy saying the players are rubbish 

*ash Taylor 

I've been been blocked by him before after we got beat 0-3 at home to the Huns. Can't chastise you for that. 

4 minutes ago, Proud Dandy said:

Yes, he was definitely successful in his first c5 years with us. If he left the day after the Scottish cup final v Celtic in 2017 we would have been gutted. 

I think it's a fair point. However, that would've appeared to have been the natural conclusion. 

23 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

But you want him physically harmed?

Not for reals, but he's the cunt who acts the big man. Strikes me as someone who's never been punched in the nose. 

44 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Always the same names looking to get a few likes from the other Twitter retards.

Saw some cunt offering out McInnes’ son. Obviously he’s nae being serious but must be a sad cunt to be messaging the managers son. 

McInnes' son is a gobshite tbf

You want to change the subject? You want to ignore the debate?

He "definitely loves" AFC, you said? Why?

On the other matter, it's not a weird bugbear at all. Dick Donald was insistent that his managers fully commit to the job. He did what all good employers do and offered a relocation package specifically for this purpose. The two specific examples I gave of McNeill and Ferguson embraced their time in the NE and I know for fact that McNeill's daughters loved their time up here.

Ok, for the avoidance of doubt. If I say something on this website, it's my opinion. Do me saying "he definitely loves AFC." Is my opinion, nobody could possibly know for sure besides him. 

Amazing I have to explain that to such a brainiac. 

As for him not moving NE, who knows why? Could be a multitude of reasons that you and I will never know. It's a strange bugbear to have with him, that's fine though. That's your weird issue to have. Doesn't particularly fuss me. 

4 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Impressive you lasted that long; I was blocked after his pass back on his debut 0-3 at home to the Arabs.

Hahaha. I mind that game. 

Mind how nae cunt booed and we just left, content enough we had just played a tough team in R.Sociedad on the Thursday and we couldn't expect them to not be tired. 

Kind of dispels the myth that Dons fans have unrealistic expectations. 

22 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Given it’s the BBC who have created this whole story/non story, I fully expect a lengthy discussion on Sportsound in 15 mins, given Tom English is usually on on a Monday night.  

Kenny McIntyre has already said on Twitter it’ll be spoken about tonight 

And interestingly, Tom English is on... listen to more clues as to who his source is. 

That ex SFA hun prick Broadfoot is in... guarantee he’ll go down the “be careful what you wish for”, “what do they expect” line. 

21 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

You want to change the subject? You want to ignore the debate?

He "definitely loves" AFC, you said? Why?

On the other matter, it's not a weird bugbear at all. Dick Donald was insistent that his managers fully commit to the job. He did what all good employers do and offered a relocation package specifically for this purpose. The two specific examples I gave of McNeill and Ferguson embraced their time in the NE and I know for fact that McNeill's daughters loved their time up here.

You pump them?

37 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

Having a fear of getting rid of a very average manager because the ones prior to him for approx 20 years were even worse is understandable but not a good enough reason not to act. All of that mediocrity had one thing in common and that is Stewart Milne. I am lucky to be old enough to have watched our team play under better quality managers including Fergie, Billy McNeill and Ally MacLeod  who had a different thing in common and that was Dick Donald. I think as we now have a new chairman in control we should be brave and let him bring in his own man in and see what happens. He may be an unknown quantity at the moment but being a canny Aberdonian who has done "nae bad" for himself i'm pretty sure he hasn't come in just to fuck things up.   

I am of a similar age and remember fondly the days of Fergie, Ally and Billy McNeil sides. Dick Donald was a very wise chairman who backed these managers. McIness hit his ceiling three years ago and should have took the Sunderland gig when his stock was high. DC has thrown his money behind the new training facilities and I am sure he will have assessed the negative tactics and turgid displays that McIness team have delivered this season. Whoever replaces McIness,  I am sure DC will back to the hilt with a healthy transfer pot / budget. In DC we trust. COYR

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

I am of a similar age and remember fondly the days of Fergie, Ally and Billy McNeil sides. Dick Donald was a very wise chairman who backed these managers. McIness hit his ceiling three years ago and should have took the Sunderland gig when his stock was high. DC has thrown his money behind the new training facilities and I am sure he will have assessed the negative tactics and turgid displays that McIness team have delivered this season. Whoever replaces McIness,  I am sure DC will back to the hilt with a healthy transfer pot / budget. In DC we trust. COYR

Whoever takes over has a good platform for me. Decent players for the level, good training facilities and a decent budget to work with given the out of contract players.

I think it would be somewhat counter productive to sack him so late in the season, It would also mean defiantly having to fork out compensation where as a mutual separation at the end of the season with time to source a replacement would be more diplomatic and give us time for a transition instead of a panic appointment