Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

If Doncaster can afford a package that might tempt Mellon to pack his bags and head back south (and I'm sure they'd also be due United a decent whack of compo) then I'd be amazed if McInnes' agent isn't sticking his name forward in the meantime. EFL1 wouldn't be McInnes' first choice of course but within that league, Doncaster offer the kind of budget that at least makes promotion to the Championship a realistic possibility. And DM wouldn't cost them a penny in compensation as a bonus.

The only thing I can see against him at least putting his name forward is that he might fancy a decent break away from football to recharge his batteries. It's not as if he's worried about where his next fish supper is coming from

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

That cunt accepting the offer to do today’s game sums him up. Total wanker. 

I think in general since he left he has went about things the right way and has always been complementary about the club and his time at the club coming to an end but I did think it was a bum move him rocking up to do tv coverage of his replacements first match. Could have and should have declined the offer. Too soon. Awkward as f**k.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, alscotoz said:

Bizarre... McInnes commenting on game. Who gives a fuck what his views are considering the shit show he left behind.

You would think he would be pretty embarrassed listening to some of the stats trotted out like we hadn't scored more than one goal since January and watching the first half and the shambles he has left behind

6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

You would think he would be pretty embarrassed listening to some of the stats trotted out like we hadn't scored more than one goal since January and watching the first half and the shambles he has left behind

It was a classless move taking that gig yesterday. 

A studio gig would have been one thing but turning up at the ground to do a gig? Embarrassing behaviour. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It was a classless move taking that gig yesterday. 

A studio gig would have been one thing but turning up at the ground to do a gig? Embarrassing behaviour. 

Made it awkward all round I think. 

I’m sure there’s things the pundits might’ve said where they feel Stephen Glass needs to improve us, where it went wrong under McInnes, but maybe felt inhibited as he was stood next to them.

I don’t mind him doing punditry on our games but maybe wait until after Glass has had his first game FFS. 

He’s obviously desperate to keep his face out there in the media

Still think he’ll be Hearts manager by about October/November 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be fair to Mcinnes he probably signed a contract with Premier prior to last round for the rest of the season and wouldn't have known he would have this game and probably contractually had no choice but to pundit. He was better than the likes of the 2 fat Huns and Alex Rae Etc.

2 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

To be fair to Mcinnes he probably signed a contract with Premier prior to last round for the rest of the season and wouldn't have known he would have this game and probably contractually had no choice but to pundit. He was better than the likes of the 2 fat Huns and Alex Rae Etc.

Alex Rae is a bigoted hun mutant cunt who goes to “sash bashes”.

This is widely known.

Why is he given air time by broadcasters?

The fact he’s semi-literate adds to it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Site Sponsor
51 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Alex Rae is a bigoted hun mutant cunt who goes to “sash bashes”.

This is widely known.

Why is he given air time by broadcasters?

The fact he’s semi-literate adds to it. 

“Semi-literate” implies at least a modicum of intelligence. 

I wouldn’t give the thick cunt that much credit