Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

No chance, they won't go after old Del Boy. Look at almost all main-stream media and you see people clamouring to his defence (see John Hughes's interview a few days ago).

Even if we didn't spend that money (came from a directors loan) it's still not a great look our most expensive signing in some years was barely playing and is now off in Venezuela

Tbf McInnes isn't the man they should be going after re Hernandez. 

5 hours ago, GDON21 said:

How is it reasonable? As reasonable as saying but we've only dropped 1 point to Livingston in 2 and half years so they are in no way the benchmark against us. As NEM has mentioned above, if you want to use our overall record against the arse cheeks then that is a fair point, as it hasn't been good enough especially against Celtic but not comparing us to Livingston getting a couple of draws. 

Livingston, since their return to the league, in 2018 have a better record against the Old Firm than us. 

My point was about our record v the Old Firm in comparison with someone like Livingston, who we regularly beat, is laughable. 

How could you not see that?

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He didn’t say “we want to finish third”. Would you like him to say “win our games in hand then we can look at winning the league”?

So you accept that 3rd is realistically the best we can achieve but berate the manager for *almost* saying that? What’s the point in “ambition appearing to be higher”? You’d rather he lied to you?

No dons fan expect us to finish higher than third ? 

Seriously though, if that’s the case then what’s the problem?

You know fine well what the gripes are. 

4 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

See the sleekit bastard now trying to deflect attention by going on about lack of space for physical distancing, 

Give him his due he can fair play the press. 

Weegie, orange, hun, midget bastard 

McInnes should shut his fucking pie hole, this sort of shite is going to add more fuel for the Scottish government when they shut football down for being full of idiots that can't do what they're told in a public health crisis.

4 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He didn’t say “we want to finish third”. Would you like him to say “win our games in hand then we can look at winning the league”?

Are you pretending to be this stupid?  I'd like him to say  'win our games in hand and we can challenge Celtic for 2nd and a Champs League place'.  What are you struggling to understand here? 

6 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Are you pretending to be this stupid?  I'd like him to say  'win our games in hand and we can challenge Celtic for 2nd and a Champs League place'.  What are you struggling to understand here? 

Especially given one of our games in hand is against the tims. Still to play them three times. Certainly capable of challenging them this season if we strengthen and start performing against the lower teams in the league.

League win is a write off this season. Safe to say that. 2nd completely up for grabs.

8 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Think McInnes would have a chance of a championship job if he was free to go. But they wouldn’t pay any compensation for him. 

it’s clear that he needs to walk away from his dons contract to get his dream job. Go for it derek, we will allow you to chase the dream. 

Maybe we’d forego the full compensation due if it meant getting him off the wage bill?

Would depend on how much truth their was in the rumours of him and Cormack falling out recently.

8 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Pedant;y, we don’t have games in hand over Celtic.

‘we’ve both played 22 and are sitting effectively 8 points behind when you consider the goal difference

we do have games in hand over Hibs, whom we are a point behind, so the first target should be to regain 3rd spot and maintain that as a minimum. Then we look to the next spot above

20 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Pedant;y, we don’t have games in hand over Celtic.

we’ve both played 22 and are sitting effectively 8 points behind when you consider the goal difference

we do have games in hand over Hibs, whom we are a point behind, so the first target should be to regain 3rd spot and maintain that as a minimum. Then we look to the next spot above

Pedantry back at you.

Goal difference isn't worth a point.

12 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Tbf McInnes isn't the man they should be going after re Hernandez. 

Shouldn't have paraded him around as if he was his signing. Most people saw through it as its the antithesis of a Derek McInnes signing.

Regardless of that, the decision to sign Curtis Main alone stinks of a honking recruitment team

5 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Pedantry back at you.

Goal difference isn't worth a point.

Hence why I said effectively.

‘we lost out two seasons ago on GD, so it does make a difference and do you believe we can overcome the 25 goal delta between us and Celtic? If your reasonable, then the answer would be no, meaning we need that effective extra point to be able to go above them (if we actually got that close)

9 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Hence why I said effectively.

we lost out two seasons ago on GD, so it does make a difference and do you believe we can overcome the 25 goal delta between us and Celtic? If your reasonable, then the answer would be no, meaning we need that effective extra point to be able to go above them (if we actually got that close)

Still not worth a point. 

5 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Still not worth a point. 

Debatable if it means we miss out on a league placing because we neither have the necessary goal difference or that single point which would negate the need to defer on goal difference.

points are considered first, then goal difference.

‘My point was that we’d likely need to earn 8 points more than Celtic in the remaining games to go above them, so in my opinion, that GD delta, is worth that extra point.

‘you can disagree if you want, opinions and arseholes and all that, but that is how the cookie crumbles

"Even if we win one of our games in hand then we will be sitting in third spot. We have done enough this season to suggest we can finish the season where we want to finish.".

All very negative Derek, If we win both our games in hand, including a confidence boosting win over Celtic we could find ourselves right on their coat-tails and in a position to challenge for 2nd. We’ve not done enough yet to suggest we’ll finish 3rd which seems the summit of our ambition or ‘where we want to finish’. A quick glance at the league table tells us that, as well as the fact our form has dipped at just the wrong time, including a thumping from then bottom of the league County. I’d hope ‘we’ want to finish as high as possible and not be daunted at the challenge of catching Celtic just because ‘it’s Celtic’ and we no right to finish above them.

12 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Of course he does.

He’s an obtuse apologist. 

Calling you out makes me an obtuse apologist? U ok hun?

12 hours ago, Yorston Vasey said:

McInnes should shut his fucking pie hole, this sort of shite is going to add more fuel for the Scottish government when they shut football down for being full of idiots that can't do what they're told in a public health crisis.

He gets asked questions, he gives answers. Completely damned either way.

11 hours ago, Patty said:

Stop quoting Big Hat Logan, please. Negates the point of having him on ignore, thanks.

Being that rattled you have to put someone on ignore. Ooft.

10 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

So the ambition of the club should be second place? 

• Dildo 1