Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

“Calling me out” makes you nothing.

Constantly defending McInnes makes you the obtuse apologist.

Hope that was a simple enough explanation. Even for you.

Can you show where I am “constantly defending McInnes” please? I think you’re getting confused but not any wonder.

2 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

This season aye. You disagree? 

You’re happy with the club aiming to be runners up? Lack of ambition, grow a pair etc etc 

2 hours ago, Patty said:

Wish I was rattled. But you’re a fucking bore. 

So much so that you had to take me off ignore to read my posts and reply to me. 

Ooft.

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well yes but at the moment I don’t see who that person would be. Who could we realistically get that would out perform what mccinnes has done 

Many of our previous managers came from smaller clubs. Billy McNeill started at Clyde I think, Ferguson at East Kilbride and St Mirren. Even McInnes learned his trade at St Johnstone. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well yes but at the moment I don’t see who that person would be. Who could we realistically get that would out perform what mccinnes has done 

You’re not allowed to ask that question. Responses include “that’s not up to me” and “you’re a happy clapper”. Nobody can come up with a credible response. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Many of our previous managers came from smaller clubs. Billy McNeill started at Clyde I think, Ferguson at St Mirren. Even McInnes learned his trade at St Johnstone. 

You can’t equate the 70s to now if we appointed Darren young tomorrow who’s managing east fife there would be an uproar 

11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

You’re not allowed to ask that question. Responses include “that’s not up to me” and “you’re a happy clapper”. Nobody can come up with a credible response. 

It's a stupid question. Nobody knows if someone will be a success or not as a manager at this club. We could get Klopp in and he might struggle, or we could get John fucking Hughes in and he ends up winning us a cup or two...nobody knows. 

There's plenty managers out there who have had teams punching way above their weight in the league and won cups, That's something we haven't done in McInnes time. We've barely been at level par, a few 2nd place finishes and a couple of cup finals, and now we're regressing. 2 seasons of finishing 4th, struggling to make cup finals, struggling to play football that isn't making people fall asleep and struggling to maintain 3rd place whilst dropping points consistently to teams at the bottom end of the table.

We barely lay a glove on either Celtic or Rangers. 

Just because we had a few bad appointments in the past, doesn't mean we have to accept mediocrity. 

5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Question for you, what has McInnes actually done?  QF/SFs in the cups, eye bleeding football and below par league positions in the last 3 seasons.  Failed to qualify for the Europa League group stages every year as well. 

He stabilised us as a club, he came in improved us, we have never been down the bottom of the league like 3 quarters of the last 30 years. Three seasons ago we finished second above the rangers do I’m not sure that’s below par and if league wasn’t called last season the day we played Motherwell I’m confident we would of beat them as they were in free fall and of finished ahead of them but it was. Kilmarnock was disappointing but it was goal difference and as I said above they had a good manager who got them performing for one season. I think since he’s been here we’ve been in more cup finals than any other team apart from Celtic and when we’ve lost it’s been to an all conquering Celtic team that won ever cup for 4 years. Not as if we got to finals against lesser teams we were always underdogs. Europa league is disappointing but I think we have generally had tough draws and have been knocked out by the seeded teams so they were again unlucky with tough draws 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Who cares if there is an uproar. If a guy knows his stuff he'll soon turn the fans around 

You're just scared of change.  It's OK for others to feel less risk averse. 

What makes you think I’m scared of change because I’m not jumping on the mccinnes must go side of the argument. 
I’d sack him tomorrow if he was underperforming but he’s not 

• Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, thurso said:

He stabilised us as a club, he came in improved us, we have never been down the bottom of the league like 3 quarters of the last 30 years. Three seasons ago we finished second above the rangers do I’m not sure that’s below par and if league wasn’t called last season the day we played Motherwell I’m confident we would of beat them as they were in free fall and of finished ahead of them but it was. Kilmarnock was disappointing but it was goal difference and as I said above they had a good manager who got them performing for one season. I think since he’s been here we’ve been in more cup finals than any other team apart from Celtic and when we’ve lost it’s been to an all conquering Celtic team that won ever cup for 4 years. Not as if we got to finals against lesser teams we were always underdogs. Europa league is disappointing but I think we have generally had tough draws and have been knocked out by the seeded teams so they were again unlucky with tough draws 

Your points above are mostly valid, but you miss from your post is that for the most part of the Mcinnes tenure the football has been Horrible on the eye, anybody who had studied Mcinnes before  coming to Aberdeen should have known his football was terrible, StJohnstone fans will tell you Tommy Wright played better football than Mcinnes which says it all. when he has had the chance to show ambition and have a go particularly against Celtic both before and after Rodgers we have mostly laid  down to them. The football quality is why I want change I didn't want him to start with because of it and I want him gone because of it. It is not the fans job to appoint a replacement that is the job of the board who will be judged on it, but post Covid who is going to pay to come and watch the garbage we are currently watching ? The football quality is something Cormack promised to change and as far as I am concerned Mcinnes has failed miserably

24 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why?  Am I only allowed to mention names that you like? 

Ignore him. If he's happy watching us struggle to beat teams like Ross County, playing the worst football i've seen an Aberdeen team play in years and enjoying us bending over and taking it unchallenged in the arse by Rangers and Celtic, then let him be.

3 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

I don't think Cormack has a crystal ball to be able to tell the future.

McInnes has brought Aberdeen back to, roughly, where we should be in terms of budget, but we've stagnated.   

McInnes hasn't done any better than Tommy Wright, John Hughes or Alan Stubbs has done. Worse in fact when you look at budgets. Not saying let's get any of those guys in, but if you're thinking that Mcinnes is the best we can get, i.e. one trophy and sitting 4th 3 seasons in a row, then we're in trouble! 

Foh realz? 

Hughes- sacked after 2nd season with Hibs, relegated with Raith.

Stubbs- failed to get promoted with Hibs, left at Mirren after 3 months (I don't remember him even being there)

Wright is I think the most successful manager in St Johnstone's history, so there's a case to be made there. 

They've all won a cup though, so they must be great I guess.?

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Come on. Of course he is. The team he inherited. Won a trophy. Qualified for Europe every single season.

We’ve been fucking shite for 30 years, particularly just before he came in

The 92/93 team would beat any McInnes team.  They'd put at least 5 past the current lot

37 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Question for you, what has McInnes actually done?  QF/SFs in the cups, eye bleeding football and below par league positions in the last 3 seasons.  Failed to qualify for the Europa League group stages every year as well. 

"reMembEr MaGeE"

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Ignore him. If he's happy watching us struggle to beat teams like Ross County, playing the worst football i've seen an Aberdeen team play in years and enjoying us bending over and taking it unchallenged in the arse by Rangers and Celtic, then let him be.

It's completely a fear of the unknown that stops people thinking about life after McInnes.  I understand some fans are scarred from the McGhee years but what I don't understand is that if they think McInnes was such a brilliant appointment then why can't the club make another good appointment after him.

The club should be tracking young managers in the same way that we track young players.  Very few on here have the deep knowledge of the game to be able to do this.  That is a club responsibility.  And when names are suggested on here they are automatically shouted down. 

It's the easiest thing in the world to pick holes in a manager's record (only managed x, hasnt experience of y, wont come here etc etc).

10 minutes ago, thurso said:

Three seasons ago rangers were shite. The league cup tea cup won on penalties against Inverness from the highland clearances.  This season and last few beaten by teams who Aberdeen were supposed to have beaten with ease.  Scraping 1-1   0-0 draws .   Bottling it against Celtic and Rangers.  Europe just visiting. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Mcinnes terrified to go for the jugular.   If you think this is inspiring your easily satisfied with bullshit performances and a bullshiting patter merchant from the glezga mafia.   

21 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Foh realz? 

Hughes- sacked after 2nd season with Hibs, relegated with Raith.

Stubbs- failed to get promoted with Hibs, left at Mirren after 3 months (I don't remember him even being there)

Wright is I think the most successful manager in St Johnstone's history, so there's a case to be made there. 

They've all won a cup though, so they must be great I guess.?

Those are all managers who have won as much or more silverware than McInnes. 

You've had managers to Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Caley Thistle, St Mirren etc who have all punched way above their weight as well. 

We are bang average mate. We're playing some of the worst football in the league, we're dropping points against bottom clubs, we lost to Hearts last season in the cup, St Mirren this season.

If you're happy with poor performances, not challenging the bigger teams in games and just being happy to finish in 3rd or 4th place, then that's fine. You accept the mediocracy and the lack of wanting to be any better than just "taking part"

• Downvote 1
36 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Your points above are mostly valid, but you miss from your post is that for the most part of the Mcinnes tenure the football has been Horrible on the eye, anybody who had studied Mcinnes before  coming to Aberdeen should have known his football was terrible, StJohnstone fans will tell you Tommy Wright played better football than Mcinnes which says it all. when he has had the chance to show ambition and have a go particularly against Celtic both before and after Rodgers we have mostly laid  down to them. The football quality is why I want change I didn't want him to start with because of it and I want him gone because of it. It is not the fans job to appoint a replacement that is the job of the board who will be judged on it, but post Covid who is going to pay to come and watch the garbage we are currently watching ? The football quality is something Cormack promised to change and as far as I am concerned Mcinnes has failed miserably

Apart from the last season and a half I’d say the football was pretty good. We hammered a lot of teams. 

24 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Three seasons ago rangers were shite. The league cup tea cup won on penalties against Inverness from the highland clearances.  This season and last few beaten by teams who Aberdeen were supposed to have beaten with ease.  Scraping 1-1   0-0 draws .   Bottling it against Celtic and Rangers.  Europe just visiting. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      Mcinnes terrified to go for the jugular.   If you think this is inspiring your easily satisfied with bullshit performances and a bullshiting patter merchant from the glezga mafia.   

Until this season he had a very good record against rangers I think. I will agree that there has always been a bit of a problem beating teams down the bottom we should of beat. 
We are a point behind Hibs with 2 games in hand. People have gone on about budgets but Hibs have spent more than us taken in more players so I’d say their budget was bigger at the moment so with that argument we shouldn’t be above them but good chance we will be. 

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

We would already be in second place if we hadn't dropped points to Ross County (A), Rangers (A), Motherwell (A), St Mirren (A) and Dundee Utd (H) this past 2 months. 

I can't believe anyone is even doubting 2nd place is/was there for the taking this season. It still is if we can get firing again, but i'm not confident.

It’s a silly argument.

I’m sure the Celtic fans would be saying similar for their 10IAR.

There is no entitlement in football, the underdog always prevails from time to time, otherwise would there be any point in playing games and it would be purely down to how much each club spent.

‘The what if argument fails as there are thousand of what if counter arguments that can be made

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

It’s a silly argument.

I’m sure the Celtic fans would be saying similar for their 10IAR.

There is no entitlement in football, the underdog always prevails from time to time, otherwise would there be any point in playing games and it would be purely down to how much each club spent.

‘The what if argument fails as there are thousand of what if counter arguments that can be made

McInnes and the rest of the "hope for third place" losers footballing philosophy

15 minutes ago, thurso said:

Apart from the last season and a half I’d say the football was pretty good. We hammered a lot of teams. 

Until this season he had a very good record against rangers I think. I will agree that there has always been a bit of a problem beating teams down the bottom we should of beat. 
We are a point behind Hibs with 2 games in hand. People have gone on about budgets but Hibs have spent more than us taken in more players so I’d say their budget was bigger at the moment so with that argument we shouldn’t be above them but good chance we will be. 

A season and a half, come on tell me who we have Hammered since the 2017 Scottish cup final ? Apart from Minnows in Europe the Odd early round of the cup and the likes of Dundee or Hamilton. The football has been dross since Day one with a few exceptions with the best being the latter half of the 16/17 season which was his peak. Were you not at the 2014 League Cup final comfortably the worst cup final I have been to if not the worst match. We don't expect to win the league or the Europa League but surely we can expect to be entertained from time to time

59 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

When was the last time we played this mythical entertaining football?

36 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Those are all managers who have won as much or more silverware than McInnes. 

You've had managers to Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Caley Thistle, St Mirren etc who have all punched way above their weight as well. 

We are bang average mate. We're playing some of the worst football in the league, we're dropping points against bottom clubs, we lost to Hearts last season in the cup, St Mirren this season.

If you're happy with poor performances, not challenging the bigger teams in games and just being happy to finish in 3rd or 4th place, then that's fine. You accept the mediocracy and the lack of wanting to be any better than just "taking part"

Which of those managers would you like to succeed McInnes?

3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

September/October time last year.  Before that December 2016 to May 2017.

So - not really mythical

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I'm pointing out that there are managers out there who are making smaller clubs punch above their weight, and winning trophies on a fraction of the budget McInnes has, 

I bet you were bleating the same thing before McInnes came in,  probably didn't think his credentials weren't good enough either. Now look at you, the sun shining out of his arse. 

regarding the football, even Hearts fans are saying we're a bunch of Hammer Throwers. Every team in the leagues fans seem to say the same thing, we're absolutely brutal to watch.