Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Just now, Tord31 said:

lets drop the is mcinnes shite chat.

he clearly was a great manager for us.

he'll go down as best since smith/scott

he clearly needs to go this week and no fucks need to be given whether he was or wasnt a good manager for us

In your opinion he was great

in mine he was nothing more than average to begin with but has since been shown to struggle to even meet that level when going gets a wee bit more like normality 

You can look at league placings & ignore the competition/circumstances to make it seem better than it was but I don’t 

1 minute ago, fine-n-dandy said:

In your opinion he was great

in mine he was nothing more than average to begin with but has since been shown to struggle to even meet that level when going gets a wee bit more like normality 

You can look at league placings & ignore the competition/circumstances to make it seem better than it was but I don’t 

Great is maybe generous in the grand scheme when we are many years down the line.

Perhaps very good or good will be better but that'll be about folk after him aswell as before him. 

I dont really care.

I do fucking care about him fucking up this season

Just now, Tord31 said:

Great is maybe generous in the grand scheme when we are many years down the line.

Perhaps very good or good will be better but that'll be about folk after him aswell as before him. 

I dont really care.

I do fucking care about him fucking up this season

That’s the problem right there.

judging him by previous shite will obviously make him look better than he actually was.

i judge as I see it. That is the fairest way to judge him. By what he has done & against who

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

My verdict on Mcinnes & his achievements as individual manager is closer to realism than that of the happy clappers.

Realism would be accepting mcinnes has overall done a good job but last 2/3 years we have been in freefall and decline. If you are saying he has done average it doesn't sound "real" as it is unlikely the next manager will do any better than mcinnes has.

McInnes has done a lot of good work at Aberdeen on and off the pitch. Anyone denying that either doesn't have a clue or is in denial.

With that being said, he's been here 8 years and things have gone stale at the club. He's tried to rebuild 3 times now and struggling to get that spark back. He should be looked back on fondly, but it's time for him to go.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

But who?

Some were posting earlier it's someone you wouldn't have thought would have been interested in us...ie a big name

If true then it's great news as they'd surely be demanding a commensurate budget

Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up. Stephen Robinson or his ilk would be pretty uninspiring though

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Some were posting earlier it's someone you wouldn't have thought would have been interested in us...ie a big name

If true then it's great news as they'd surely be demanding a commensurate budget

Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up. Stephen Robinson or his ilk would be pretty uninspiring though

I’d rather keep McInnes than see one of the many names that have been suggested.

He just needs a new coach beside him to keep him right.

If he gets binned his replacement needs to be someone with a decent cv.

We have nice training facilities, a chance to form an early identity with the team with 6/7 possibly more signings needing made in summer and, most importantly, are apparently willing to pay a decent wage.

I think we would be surprised at some managers who’d be interested in the job. Whether Cormack already has tunnel vision for someone in particular is another question. 

1 hour ago, afc_blockhead said:

Thats your opinion and you are entitled to it.

But the selection of Largs coaches we had like ... Craig Brown / Mark Mcghee / Alex Miller didnt get near it.

Time to go possibly as ive said. The next guy better be good 

They weren’t dealt the easy hand McInnes was, they were all shite really but I wouldn’t say McInnes is any better a manager than Brown was. That is for sure. So very average. McInnes arguably achieved his biggest success with pretty much Browns team/foundation 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Realism would be accepting mcinnes has overall done a good job but last 2/3 years we have been in freefall and decline. If you are saying he has done average it doesn't sound "real" as it is unlikely the next manager will do any better than mcinnes has.

You may think it doesn’t sound real but maybe that is because you are painting a fantasy in your mind regarding McInnesclass in his early years ?

only a couple of occasions I would say he achieved ‘above expectations’ or surprise results. Rejeka & Groningen but other than that a complete meh in Europe.

Even St Johnstone achieved as big results in their short spells in Europe but nobody is praising Wright close to the levels McInnes has been getting. Very little if anything between them IMO in managerial skills levels.

McInnes is no more than average as are many