Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

Just now, Zeus said:

This was all shite wasn't it? ?

Appears so. But it appears strange that the club were leaking info to Tom English and Richard Gordon on their intentions following a defeat at Hibs, if they hadn't made plans that they were prepared to act upon. 

Essentially the club have added extra pressure to the players ahead of the game that could have contributed to them losing, and all for what purpose? 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Appears so. But it appears strange that the club were leaking info to Tom English and Richard Gordon on their intentions following a defeat at Hibs, if they hadn't made plans that they were prepared to act upon. 

Essentially the club have added extra pressure to the players ahead of the game that could have contributed to them losing, and all for what purpose? 

Maybe they wanted to put some pressure on the management team to get a reaction? 

24 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

We would have to pay him for the length of his contract whether he was on gardening leave or released straight away. Do you think McInnes is on a 3 month notice period!? Then bringing in some part time manager on a short term basis (why!?) is another wage. How is that saving money? 

I'm assuming McInnes it not going to negotiate so paying him monthly is cheaper than lump sum.

If you still don't understand then google 'time value of money'

21 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

How on earth do you know that? 

They might be watching what he is doing and think its glaringly obvious what needs done... but they arent making the decisions

They are part of the coaching team, and if they are not getting points across to him then that's even worse.  

6 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Very little chance of the pressure easing this month unless we beat St Mirren and Killi convincingly and take something off the tims at least once. 

I really can't see that happening on current (2years) form. He'll be under even more pressure if anything. 

That's it. It's got a horrible inevitability about it all. 

7 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

That doesn't account for the temp manager you're paying though. 

Yea I'm happy enough with Robson and Sheerin but others seem so dead against it so I'm providing a compromise.

It's saving money versus taking a manager that requires compensation.

It's delaying him getting a backroom team until next season

It's delaying negotiating with mcinnes until next season

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

All bullshit as per and yet the biggest attention-seeker, a major fabricator and total fantasist, someone who's now revealed that he's ITK through a "family member" at AFC was conspicuously absent in the speculations last night. Strangely. 

Who is this as I'll be keen to follow them too.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I can’t be arsed trawling back the pages.

I take it last night was all about someone attention seeking & it’s all bullshit?

Ah well, disappointing.

”we go again” ?

We know all about Jim Goodwin's teams, who I must say deserve to be higher in the league than their placing, and we'll need to be prepared for them.

57 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I still wouldn't put it past him to pull a couple results out the bag, and Hibs to fuck it somehow. It would still just be papering over cracks, however.

I can only see them stretching their lead between now and the split. They don't have to face the arse cheeks again till then, and only face Livingston of anyone (currently) in the top seven

We've got 2 away fixtures with Celtic (admittedly 1 of them is a game in hand) and have missed facing them in the period when they were dropping points on a weekly basis. And our injury list just keeps growing week on week on top. Even with a new boss on board, I can't see anything other than nul points in these games

Hibs are notorious for Hibsing it of course but I think they will have enough of a lead over us by the time any new manager manages to steady our ship that they could afford to lose to us after the split and still have enough of a lead to have no worries about us overhauling them

Fully expect dogs abuse for this controversial post. I appreciate the criticism and scrutiny McInnes is under but I'd be sad to see him leave.

Personally (and for many younger fans) this is the most successful period of supporting Aberdeen I've witnessed and that is due to McInnes. In that same period, Hibs, Hearts (twice) and Dundee Utd have all been relegated and we've won a cup. McInnes has been incredibly unfortunate the past 2 seasons to finish fourth. We'd have finished 3rd last season had it not been cut short. The season prior, a last minute penalty awarded to Killie that was a blatant dive prevented us third (it was killie's best points tally ever in the league). I also recall we should have finished 2nd in McInnes' first season -  a blatant foul on Langfield in the last minute of the season.

Prior to that I've witnessed Paterson, McGhee, Ebbe etc. Terrible managers. Aside from the Europa league's last 32 and one 3rd place finish, Calderwood's greatest achievement was consistent top 6 finishes.

Injuries, Kamberi's visa, the forced sale of players etc have not helped in recent weeks. I agree the style of football recently has been shocking to watch, his tactics have been wrong, certain signings have been poor and this latest run of results is relegation form. However we are currently 4th in the league and if we beat Hibs in the top 6 split and starting this weekend can get back to winning ways we can still finish 3rd (which given our resources is where we should finish).

McInnes brought the club back up from historically Aberdeens worst period (1998-2012). I feel he deserves criticism but he also deserves respect for what he's done during his time here. Others may rightfully argue that a change is required. IMO there is no one I'm aware of currently available that would be a better option then McInnes. It would be an expensive move that might not lead to a better appointment. My fear is a change would revert us back into the days of bottom six football. 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, CalgaryDon said:

Fully expect dogs abuse for this controversial post. I appreciate the criticism and scrutiny McInnes is under but I'd be sad to see him leave.

Personally (and for many younger fans) this is the most successful period of supporting Aberdeen I've witnessed and that is due to McInnes. In that same period, Hibs, Hearts (twice) and Dundee Utd have all been relegated and we've won a cup. McInnes has been incredibly unfortunate the past 2 seasons to finish fourth. We'd have finished 3rd last season had it not been cut short. The season prior, a last minute penalty awarded to Killie that was a blatant dive prevented us third (it was killie's best points tally ever in the league). I also recall we should have finished 2nd in McInnes' first season -  a blatant foul on Langfield in the last minute of the season.

Prior to that I've witnessed Paterson, McGhee, Ebbe etc. Terrible managers. Aside from the Europa league's last 32 and one 3rd place finish, Calderwood's greatest achievement was consistent top 6 finishes.

Injuries, Kamberi's visa, the forced sale of players etc have not helped in recent weeks. I agree the style of football recently has been shocking to watch, his tactics have been wrong, certain signings have been poor and this latest run of results is relegation form. However we are currently 4th in the league and if we beat Hibs in the top 6 split and starting this weekend can get back to winning ways we can still finish 3rd (which given our resources is where we should finish).

McInnes brought the club back up from historically Aberdeens worst period (1998-2012). I feel he deserves criticism but he also deserves respect for what he's done during his time here. Others may rightfully argue that a change is required. IMO there is no one I'm aware of currently available that would be a better option then McInnes. It would be an expensive move that might not lead to a better appointment. My fear is a change would revert us back into the days of bottom six football. 

After watching us for the past 3 years it's a risk I'm willing to take

• Upvote 3