Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

7 minutes ago, paddy said:

Maybe they just negotiating the pay off/gardening leave details? Wishful thinking perhaps

I think it is wishful thinking.

Think he's here until May & then it’ll be reviewed & looked at. 

If they have no man in mind to replace him for the last 10-11 games then they’ll probably let him get through to the seasons end, grimly hoping he gets 3rd. 

1 minute ago, Laichomoray said:

Doesnt mean it had to be done by Monday pm.Who knows whats going on behind the scenes,hopefully some sort of statement to clear the air soon

I've been wondering if that could be the case.

Hypothetical......Mcinnes gets told last week it's win or bye bye by the board. Meanwhile English and Gordon are told the same by their source(s)

Saturday....defeated. McInnes does his post-matcher meanwhile English and Gordon are back onto the source to ask when the fait accomplis willl be delivered. Told to hang fire on saying anything because obv Mcinnes is on his way back from Edinburgh (or on the way to his Renfrewshire home). Board will be starting negotiations with him Sun/Mon to agree a severance package if possible...maybe "mutual consent" rather than bullet. Intend to announce departure Mon

Sun........negotiations begin but the 2 stories have grown in significance because of the defeat. English and Gordon cannot retract stories without looking like utter berks but do as best they can to lessen them a bit. Meanwhile negotiations don't go well regarding severance package. However "ITK" posters have gotten wind of something and start jumping the gun. The Hat descends into chaos all night

Mon....Still no resolution. Club must be aware of supporters feelings by now. Silence....

As I say....hypothetical. But no matter what, English and Gordon's stories were pretty unequivocal. If it turns out to be a pile of shite then English's career in particular is severely compromised

• Upvote 2
29 minutes ago, RUL said:

Boy on twitter who started it is still adamant. Who knows if it's true. I have a mutual friend of Derek who I thought confirmed it but I think with hindsight he was confirming he had heard the same rumour. I've asked him today about it and he's just saying he's not gone yet.. 

Was the Twitter ITK boy this Haroldur Ingolffson chap?

8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Whilst it is the dreaded vote of confidence, it does make a pretty robust defence of McInnes. 

TBH I've not paid much attention to other clubs vote of confidence statements in the past, but they're usually along the lines of a generic statement of being fully behind the manager without going into any detail. 

I think in this case , given the English and Gordon stories, it had to be done whether they were thinking of sacking him or not. 

Following speculation around the manager’s position, Derek and I met on Sunday and discussed the team’s poor run of form since the turn of the year.

From my personal perspective there is no doubting Derek’s continued desire to drive success for the Club. Having qualified for Europe seven seasons in a row, and with a healthy 54% win-rate over almost 400 games in charge, it’s important that Derek focuses on integrating last week’s three new signings, and getting the team back to winning ways. The coaching staff have had only one full day’s training with Fraser Hornby and Callum Hendry, whilst Florian Kamberi will hopefully arrive in the next few days.

The board met today and are fully behind Derek getting us back on track, as he’s demonstrated countless times over his eight year tenure. We’re at the business end of the season and we still have 33 points to play for. It’s critical that we all get behind Derek and the team as we strive for the best possible league finish and qualify for European football once again.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Here to the end of the season  then. 

He's going to need a fair turnaround between now and the end of the season.  Tough run in and we've given Hibs a head start. 

Not convinced that's the case. Lose v St Mirren (maybe even a draw not acceptable) and v Celtic and I think the trigger will be close to being pulled. KIlmarnock would then definitely become "must win" as Livi could be right on our arses, possibly just ahead even and Hibs could be out of sight

My take is he's def on borrowed time barring an unlikely and unexpected turn around in form/results

7 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Following speculation around the manager’s position, Derek and I met on Sunday and discussed the team’s poor run of form since the turn of the year.

From my personal perspective there is no doubting Derek’s continued desire to drive success for the Club. Having qualified for Europe seven seasons in a row, and with a healthy 54% win-rate over almost 400 games in charge, it’s important that Derek focuses on integrating last week’s three new signings, and getting the team back to winning ways. The coaching staff have had only one full day’s training with Fraser Hornby and Callum Hendry, whilst Florian Kamberi will hopefully arrive in the next few days.

The board met today and are fully behind Derek getting us back on track, as he’s demonstrated countless times over his eight year tenure. We’re at the business end of the season and we still have 33 points to play for. It’s critical that we all get behind Derek and the team as we strive for the best possible league finish and qualify for European football once again.

The only worrying thing there is the lack of mentioning a specific position, as many have said before, 3rd place is absolutely huge this season. 

Players need to step up and keep this man they all claim to love in a job.