Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

5 hours ago, Tord31 said:

If this goes on for much longer i'll offer to pay the compensation myself

Les Dennis,,Family Fortunes',I'll give you the money myself',we had to get thrashed tonight and McInnes sacked in the tunnel in the decisive manner Roy McGregor at Ross County would have done.We just linger on to the next big game v Killie at empty Pittodrie with loan players,duds with no long term interest in Aberdeen.It is a fucken mess.Bruce Anderson  a young player we brought through,scores again at Hamilton.I would forget Europe and a couple of European games in August,and fill the team with Anderson,bring Ethan Ross back,Virtanen,McLennan,Ngwenya,Hanraratty,Barron, Calvin Ramsay,give these boys some games in an Aberdeen first team shirt over the next few months and build for next season.We are not going to get relegated.Play players who are  champing at the bit for a game to join contemporaries Dean Campbell,Lewis Ferguson,Ross McCrorie with Joe Lewis and Andy Considine to bring some experience.Bet that sort of team would beat Kilmarnock Saturday,not sure a Derek Mcinnes Saturday selection could care less about Aberdeen,McInnes included,who is there til the summer only at best.Only when Derek McInnes departs do we see the real  Denture Dave Cormack.We will probably get some top-notch American soccer coach we have never heard of, with Bobby Clark as adviser on the local Scotchland and Aberdeen football scene.Need to put Derek McInnes out of his misery and let him join Neil Lennon and all their bum chums in the media.

2 hours ago, graham said:

Les Dennis,,Family Fortunes',I'll give you the money myself',we had to get thrashed tonight and McInnes sacked in the tunnel in the decisive manner Roy McGregor at Ross County would have done.We just linger on to the next big game v Killie at empty Pittodrie with loan players,duds with no long term interest in Aberdeen.It is a fucken mess.Bruce Anderson  a young player we brought through,scores again at Hamilton.I would forget Europe and a couple of European games in August,and fill the team with Anderson,bring Ethan Ross back,Virtanen,McLennan,Ngwenya,Hanraratty,Barron, Calvin Ramsay,give these boys some games in an Aberdeen first team shirt over the next few months and build for next season.We are not going to get relegated.Play players who are  champing at the bit for a game to join contemporaries Dean Campbell,Lewis Ferguson,Ross McCrorie with Joe Lewis and Andy Considine to bring some experience.Bet that sort of team would beat Kilmarnock Saturday,not sure a Derek Mcinnes Saturday selection could care less about Aberdeen,McInnes included,who is there til the summer only at best.Only when Derek McInnes departs do we see the real  Denture Dave Cormack.We will probably get some top-notch American soccer coach we have never heard of, with Bobby Clark as adviser on the local Scotchland and Aberdeen football scene.Need to put Derek McInnes out of his misery and let him join Neil Lennon and all their bum chums in the media.

Too many long winded contributions on here graham !!!Go to my Facebook page Graham Forbes, Milngavie, Aberdeen,I have summed things up in a picture and less than 100 words.

14 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Ok baby Byrne.  On bbc sports today, Mcinnes quoting he and Lennon are texting each other.  If your old enough babu Byrne you may remember the Beatles song your gonna lose that girl.???   Written by Lennon!!!!!! And Mcartney.    Mcinnes said Lennon and himself were sending texts to each other sympathising with each other on rumours they were being binned.   So new song by Lennon and Mcinnes. Your gonna lose your job.. Answere  to your question.   In real  life.    Nope Only on Happy clapper chat with the rest of the ?s.   

I'm not sure where to even begin with this one but I'd be careful @Byrne Baby Byrne it might be the bin

Image result for dusty bin

5 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

My biggest issue with the accounts - in the years when the annual accounts were posted to the shareholders (they stopped doing this in the middle of the last decade) - were the ever-increasing number of people on the payroll.

At one point it was up to 124 (I think). I couldn't understand how it could be so many and I termed the non-football staff as "non-productives" in my many arguments on these forums against the vast majority who didn't see through Milne.

Pissing away between a half and three quarters of a million on a "feasibility study" is one thing, employing more than you need is another. Would never have happened under Donald and Anderson. Would never happen under any businessman who's heart was in the right place.

Even the "football side of the business" as Milne famously called it in 1996 employs too many at AFC. It's a culture thing throughout football, insisted upon by weak, lazy, incompetent managers. When they sacked Billy Davies (at Derby iirc), they needed to clear out seven-bloody-teen!

I got that impression. I was calling them paper pushers.

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Im fairly sure Eddie would have conversations with other managers, by other methods. Strange tangent this thread has gone off on. 

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Im fairly sure Eddie would have conversations with other managers, by other methods. Strange tangent this thread has gone off on. 

The Eddie Turnbull mobile phone analogy was not literal ,it wasj ust to illustrate how delusional Derek McInnes and Neil Lennon are.Their teams have had pretty poor seasons and they are in complete denial as to how poor a season each has had.Celtic are stil second and Aberdeen fourth.What does that say about the glorified pub league they are in,where David Martindale and Jim Goodwin are  hailed as visionaries. In golf Celtic are about par or just below par,being second,yet behind their biggest rival.Aberdeen are fourth, being in the third citty,third biggest budget,definitely below par,struggling for the cut.Couple of European games,home before the postcardsAugust,big deal,was ever thus.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I doubt highly that they are not aware how the season has gone

The mistake you are making is assuming what they say in public (which they do for various reasons I would hope you understand) will be very very different to what they say internally 

There's plenty of managers who actually acknowledge issues with their team on the media, without throwing their players under the bus. Derek just isn't willing to take responsibility. 

There has to be perspective. Everybody is always going on about what 'should' be because of a bigger wage bill. But at the same time always insisting we should be competing with the OF despite their far greater budget advantage. This is a list of the average wage per player for all SPL clubs last season.

1. Celtic - £895,564

2. Rangers - £649,771

3. Aberdeen - £140,461

4. Hearts - £137,942

5. Hibernian - £119,700

6. Kilmarnock - £68,412

7. St Johnstone - £62,691

8. Motherwell - £59,304

9. Ross County - £55,574

10. St Mirren - £48,621

11. Livingston - £43,105

12. Hamilton - £41,154

Now we would expect to be beating say Ross County both home and away because they only pay 40% of  what Aberdeen do, right? Cannon fodder right? But at the same time abandoning that logic when demanding to compete with the OF despite the fact we're only paying around 16% what Celtic do.

Does that mean we're cannon fodder to them? Or does the budget logic only work in one direction? Hearts paid pretty much the same as Aberdeen but were relegated.

Why shouldn't Ross County be competing with Aberdeen who pay only around 2.5 times more than they do? When Aberdeen should be competing with Celtic who pay close to 6.5 times more.

• Dildo 4
7 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

There has to be perspective. Everybody is always going on about what 'should' be because of a bigger wage bill. But at the same time always insisting we should be competing with the OF despite their far greater budget advantage. This is a list of the average wage per player for all SPL clubs last season.

1. Celtic - £895,564

2. Rangers - £649,771

3. Aberdeen - £140,461

4. Hearts - £137,942

5. Hibernian - £119,700

6. Kilmarnock - £68,412

7. St Johnstone - £62,691

8. Motherwell - £59,304

9. Ross County - £55,574

10. St Mirren - £48,621

11. Livingston - £43,105

12. Hamilton - £41,154

Now we would expect to be beating say Ross County both home and away because they only pay 40% of  what Aberdeen do, right? Cannon fodder right? But at the same time abandoning that logic when demanding to compete with the OF despite the fact we're only paying around 16% what Celtic do.

Does that mean we're cannon fodder to them? Or does the budget logic only work in one direction? Hearts paid pretty much the same as Aberdeen but were relegated.

Why shouldn't Ross County be competing with Aberdeen who pay only around 2.5 times more than they do? When Aberdeen should be competing with Celtic who pay close to 6.5 times more.

Great post 

like any workplace as well there’s always cunts just doing enough for there wage and others that are machines that work like fuck.

mid the general malaise is to just turn up and do the bare minimum(us)

Vs a motivated st Mirren that fights like fuck and this can easily put us and st Mirren equally 

look at the example of Celtic this year getting beat all the time as they’ve lost focus and desire 

• Like 1