Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Im fairly sure Eddie would have conversations with other managers, by other methods. Strange tangent this thread has gone off on. 

18 minutes ago, RUL said:

Im fairly sure Eddie would have conversations with other managers, by other methods. Strange tangent this thread has gone off on. 

The Eddie Turnbull mobile phone analogy was not literal ,it wasj ust to illustrate how delusional Derek McInnes and Neil Lennon are.Their teams have had pretty poor seasons and they are in complete denial as to how poor a season each has had.Celtic are stil second and Aberdeen fourth.What does that say about the glorified pub league they are in,where David Martindale and Jim Goodwin are  hailed as visionaries. In golf Celtic are about par or just below par,being second,yet behind their biggest rival.Aberdeen are fourth, being in the third citty,third biggest budget,definitely below par,struggling for the cut.Couple of European games,home before the postcardsAugust,big deal,was ever thus.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I doubt highly that they are not aware how the season has gone

The mistake you are making is assuming what they say in public (which they do for various reasons I would hope you understand) will be very very different to what they say internally 

There's plenty of managers who actually acknowledge issues with their team on the media, without throwing their players under the bus. Derek just isn't willing to take responsibility. 

There has to be perspective. Everybody is always going on about what 'should' be because of a bigger wage bill. But at the same time always insisting we should be competing with the OF despite their far greater budget advantage. This is a list of the average wage per player for all SPL clubs last season.

1. Celtic - £895,564

2. Rangers - £649,771

3. Aberdeen - £140,461

4. Hearts - £137,942

5. Hibernian - £119,700

6. Kilmarnock - £68,412

7. St Johnstone - £62,691

8. Motherwell - £59,304

9. Ross County - £55,574

10. St Mirren - £48,621

11. Livingston - £43,105

12. Hamilton - £41,154

Now we would expect to be beating say Ross County both home and away because they only pay 40% of  what Aberdeen do, right? Cannon fodder right? But at the same time abandoning that logic when demanding to compete with the OF despite the fact we're only paying around 16% what Celtic do.

Does that mean we're cannon fodder to them? Or does the budget logic only work in one direction? Hearts paid pretty much the same as Aberdeen but were relegated.

Why shouldn't Ross County be competing with Aberdeen who pay only around 2.5 times more than they do? When Aberdeen should be competing with Celtic who pay close to 6.5 times more.

• Dildo 4
7 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

There has to be perspective. Everybody is always going on about what 'should' be because of a bigger wage bill. But at the same time always insisting we should be competing with the OF despite their far greater budget advantage. This is a list of the average wage per player for all SPL clubs last season.

1. Celtic - £895,564

2. Rangers - £649,771

3. Aberdeen - £140,461

4. Hearts - £137,942

5. Hibernian - £119,700

6. Kilmarnock - £68,412

7. St Johnstone - £62,691

8. Motherwell - £59,304

9. Ross County - £55,574

10. St Mirren - £48,621

11. Livingston - £43,105

12. Hamilton - £41,154

Now we would expect to be beating say Ross County both home and away because they only pay 40% of  what Aberdeen do, right? Cannon fodder right? But at the same time abandoning that logic when demanding to compete with the OF despite the fact we're only paying around 16% what Celtic do.

Does that mean we're cannon fodder to them? Or does the budget logic only work in one direction? Hearts paid pretty much the same as Aberdeen but were relegated.

Why shouldn't Ross County be competing with Aberdeen who pay only around 2.5 times more than they do? When Aberdeen should be competing with Celtic who pay close to 6.5 times more.

Great post 

like any workplace as well there’s always cunts just doing enough for there wage and others that are machines that work like fuck.

mid the general malaise is to just turn up and do the bare minimum(us)

Vs a motivated st Mirren that fights like fuck and this can easily put us and st Mirren equally 

look at the example of Celtic this year getting beat all the time as they’ve lost focus and desire 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

My biggest issue with the accounts - in the years when the annual accounts were posted to the shareholders (they stopped doing this in the middle of the last decade) - were the ever-increasing number of people on the payroll.

At one point it was up to 124 (I think). I couldn't understand how it could be so many and I termed the non-football staff as "non-productives" in my many arguments on these forums against the vast majority who didn't see through Milne.

Pissing away between a half and three quarters of a million on a "feasibility study" is one thing, employing more than you need is another. Would never have happened under Donald and Anderson. Would never happen under any businessman who's heart was in the right place.

Even the "football side of the business" as Milne famously called it in 1996 employs too many at AFC. It's a culture thing throughout football, insisted upon by weak, lazy, incompetent managers. When they sacked Billy Davies (at Derby iirc), they needed to clear out seven-bloody-teen!

I’ll defend the commercial department. They bring in a lot of corporate stuff which makes up the ticket deficit over the likes of Hibs and Hearts.

*Not so much this year to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Great post 

like any workplace as well there’s always cunts just doing enough for there wage and others that are machines that work like fuck.

mid the general malaise is to just turn up and do the bare minimum(us)

Vs a motivated st Mirren that fights like fuck and this can easily put us and st Mirren equally 

look at the example of Celtic this year getting beat all the time as they’ve lost focus and desire 

Fair comment but I don't think it could be fairly said Celtic are being beaten all the time. They have lost 3 of 29 league matches which is a good record in the general scheme of things. Manchester City who are topping the English league have lost only 1 fewer. Celtics problem is their opponent for the title hasn't lost at all.

I think another factor that has to be taken into account is that the OF actually have a transfer budget. They pay multi millions for a single player. In fact either one can spend more on a single player in a single window than the rest of the league combined will typically spend in all windows in decades.

In comparison Aberdeen and everyone else in the league have pretty much no transfer budget at all. We all shop in the same English league 1/2  freebie market which to my mind tends to end up in a sort of levelling.

Well if other clubs  budgets are slightly behind us, but close enough that we can essentially say they are equal, should we expect Aberdeen to finish above them?

The answer is yes.  If Derek McInnes is a better manager than his counterparts then, he should be able to finish above them, given that at worst he is not disadvantaged. 

If he is not a better manager than his counterparts, then why the fuck is he getting paid in the region of £14-£17k per week. 

18 minutes ago, Millertime said:

This is what I have said all along, backed up now with facts

Good

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Well if other clubs  budgets are slightly behind us, but close enough that we can essentially say they are equal, should we expect Aberdeen to finish above them?

The answer is yes.  If Derek McInnes is a better manager than his counterparts then, he should be able to finish above them, given that at worst he is not disadvantaged. 

If he is not a better manager than his counterparts, then why the fuck is he getting paid in the region of £14-£17k per week. 

And in general McInnes is finishing above the rest of the league and never less than within one place of what the list would suggest. 

• Dildo 2
24 minutes ago, Millertime said:

This is what I have said all along, backed up now with facts

Good

I think it's also an example of how very difficult it is to hold on to a good player if the OF come sniffing around. Keep in mind that list represents just an average wage. Some OF players are being payed considerably more than that. Which means a player could earn more in a year with them than he could collecting the average wage at Aberdeen for an entire career. Nobody can realistically turn that down.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Arguably within one place of what the list would suggest if all managers were equal. McInnes wages suggests he is better than them. So not only should he be 3rd, he should be comfortably 3rd.

But that's simply not the way it works all of the time in something like football. Celtic judging from that list are paying on average almost quarter of a million more than their other half. That difference alone is almost twice the average Aberdeen wage.

Does that mean they should be comfortably first? While they're actually barely comfortably second. McInnes took a second place against Warburton whose players were being payed comfortably more.

I think what we can all acknowledge that despite the horrendous football at times, Del has consistently kept us in 2nd to 4th, each season another team challenges us our 2nd/3rd spot and while at times they have finished above us, the next season they fall away and said manager is gone (albeit clarke to Scotland). Del has been consistent with his placement at the end of the season, but and there are buts! Are football style is non existent, recruitment woeful, youth development terrible and this season has seen a breakdown of Manager/Fans and appears Chairman trust. In all this only 1 Manager and his choice of player’s can put this right.

13 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Fuck knows what point you're trying to make here, Lad min. Beginning to sound like that 'know your place' bollocks 

Aye, playing horrific fitba for 3 years, notching up the worst run of blanks in AFC history (x2), bottling 95% of big games, failing MISERABLY in every single Euro campaign, and winning absolutely fuck all bar a fortunate penalty win in a final where we were lucky to scrape past Alloa also in a pen shoot out is fine.

All the time with the football clearly deteriorating year by year, squandering huge amounts of cash on absolute fucking gluepots who can barely be considered fitba players, taking no responsibility for your fuck ups, while commanding an inordinately offensive and unjustified wage.

Bar that, yeah, sign the fucking mong up for another few years. Why nae?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

On the post match interview I thought he looked very strained. The pressure must be getting to him.

McInnes always has had grovelling sycophantic journalists hanging on his every word.The other week he tried to suggest Aberdeen were unlucky against Hibs and tried to make some point of how Aberdeen were hard done by.bbc interviewer just looked at McInnes.First time I had seen McInnes squirm and no answer.Even wee Jane Lewis made a fool of him with his six games no goals and 'wee Bruce' scoring at Hamilton.All match reports I read gave 'big Fraser' Hornby a pretty poor assessment.Kamberi good player at Hibs but they are on loan ,no future planning.It's pathetic now.

6 hours ago, shinniesta1 said:

There's plenty of managers who actually acknowledge issues with their team on the media, without throwing their players under the bus. Derek just isn't willing to take responsibility. 

I think McInnnes is a bit of a bullshiter in public and in the dressing room.Why do so many,McGinn,Hayes,Taylor go away and come back,McInnes praises them all the time and gives them a free pass to walk away and come back.There was several years players were guaranteed a game regardless of form.Shay Logan was a good player but he seemed to be the only right back at the club.There were half a dozen like that,never seen McInnes strongly criticize an individual.A poor performance by a player and we discover they were carrying an injury we were not aware about before.Excuses. For what it is worth Neil Lennon is often a very honest,too honest manager.Prefer that to the patronising 'wee Bruce','young Dean',big Fraser'and of course'there was a lot to like about Craig Bryson,when ah signed him,he was just never fit''.Allegedly,never misses a game now at St Johnstone does Craig Bryson.

36 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Aye, playing horrific fitba for 3 years, notching up the worst run of blanks in AFC history (x2), bottling 95% of big games, failing MISERABLY in every single Euro campaign, and winning absolutely fuck all bar a fortunate penalty win in a final where we were lucky to scrape past Alloa also in a pen shoot out is fine.

All the time with the football clearly deteriorating year by year, squandering huge amounts of cash on absolute fucking gluepots who can barely be considered fitba players, taking no responsibility for your fuck ups, while commanding an inordinately offensive and unjustified wage.

Bar that, yeah, sign the fucking mong up for another few years. Why nae?

Ach he stabilised the club back at respectability level initially, I'll credit him for that. But it's clear for years now that progress has stopped and the club is now tending to regression - you can argue for whatever reasons. 

The bottom line is he's a couple of years past the sell by date and AFC needs a clean out to get back to moving forward 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
12 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Ach he stabilised the club back at respectability level initially, I'll credit him for that. But it's clear for years now that progress has stopped and the club is now tending to regression - you can argue for whatever reasons. 

The bottom line is he's a couple of years past the sell by date and AFC needs a clean out to get back to moving forward 

Agree with this.

He did great for the first few years, stabilised us and obviously won us a cup. We played good football and as he said we fell in love with the team again,

However we've stagnated for a few years now, the points totals, where he finish in the league and our cup runs are testemant to that. 

Thankful for the job he did improving us but it's clear we need a fresh face at the top

6 hours ago, Millertime said:

And what, are you saying its not a good thing that our manager commands respect of the media?

The media have certainly given Derek McInnes  good regards for all his fine second and third places behind the beloved Old Firm.You are doing well Derek,but know your place in Scottish football !t is all woe are us.Even that season he won all first eight games,he never ever said,we are going for the league..Aim high to win the league,and finish third fans, understand.Aim for third  and Kilmarnock,Hibs,Motherwell have a good year and suddenly you are fourtth ,fifth sixth.The media do respect Derek McInnes as a football coach and manager but they are beginning to have their doubts.

That is the impression iam getting too now shooftah, think McInnes has been found out.Even the most mild-manered journalists now are questioning him and the answers are less and less convincing.He could previously pull the wool over our sheepy eyes with tactical jargon and the classic , 'i see the boys every day in training' but it just doesnae wash any more,He should have been out the door 0-2 at home to Livingston,a midweek diehard crowd would have been incandescent half time that night if crowds present.

• Dildo 1

I will take that on board Millertime  !Often  get too long winded and digress. I remember John Robertson was made mnager of Hearts and asked what his aspirations were,'to win the league'.Well said.good on him.Mcinnnes was a wee timirous,take off forwards hold on to the 1-0 win,bore the arse of us all every Saturday afternoon.I do apologise for the intemperate word there ! optimistically spoke of McInnes nin the past tense there.Funny feeling he might get a good result tomorrow v Killie