Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

8 hours ago, NEM said:

I genuinely think he has been “sacked” in that it’s agreed he’s off ski at the end of the season. Be flabbergasted if he’s still here beyond that 

The lack of pre-contracts offered and contract renewals to current squad members (bar the odd one), hints at as much...

if rather we binned him now and got the new manager in now, allowing them to assess and re-build.

Just now, DD1903 said:

The lack of pre-contracts offered and contract renewals to current squad members (bar the odd one), hints at as much...

if rather we binned him now and got the new manager in now, allowing them to assess and re-build.

Yeah same scenario as when he took over would be best for all concerned. Move him upstairs if we can’t afford to pay him off in a oner

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

There is no fucking way he's on a base salary of £900k a year before win and performance bonuses.

If that value is true it's likely taken from a cup final and euro qualification season.

His bonuses will easily be 50%

You still don't believe this, even with the press mentioning his massive wages/required pay off if sacked? 

11 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

I thought that but now I'm wondering if its a reflection of how skint we are. Which may also mean mcinnes staying on.

Nobody really knows as all we get from the club is silence. 

20 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

You still don't believe this, even with the press mentioning his massive wages/required pay off if sacked? 

I know we pay massive bonuses so i find it hard to believe if he qualified for europe through the league this season and won the scottish cup he'd be taking in £1.25M or some such

The £1M English was referring to was to pay up McInnes AND Docherty for 15-16 months. 

22 minutes ago, RUL said:

I thought that but now I'm wondering if its a reflection of how skint we are. Which may also mean mcinnes staying on.

Nobody really knows as all we get from the club is silence. 

A huge chunk of the squad leave in the summer. We still need players, regardless of how skint we are. 

12 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I know we pay massive bonuses so i find it hard to believe if he qualified for europe through the league this season and won the scottish cup he'd be taking in £1.25M or some such

The £1M English was referring to was to pay up McInnes AND Docherty for 15-16 months. 

You're the one firing in the bonus amounts, and using that (made up) figure! 

I never heard English actually mention a specific amount - he said 7 figures in his BBC piece, and only talked of it being a huge sum on radio Scotland. 7 figures doesn't instantly mean it's 1 million on the nose. 

9 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I think something similar. The stink in the press around the hibs game tells a story - I think Cormack was ready to pull the trigger but something changed behind the scenes at the last minute

The board seems to be split in 2 ie The Cormack crowd,and the Milne/Donald crowd,hence the stalemate.? The Tom English leak a few weeks ago(McInnes sacked after Hibs) could have been an attempt to push the issue which backfired?

3 minutes ago, The Red Express said:

Talking in his post-match about how we took a gamble with our formation against "their 3" as if it isn't Hamilton we were playing.

I couldn't believe how much he was bigging up Hamilton on Red TV during his pre match interview. 

Definitely more concerned with countering the opposition than imposing his own team's strengths. 

But he's always been a counter attacking manager. We just used to have players with pace and ability to punish teams on the break.

11 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Without doubt "thick, knowledgless fans" 

Will unfairly force the board to act, 

We will " never get a better manager" 

And will have to accept the "downward spiral" that will ensue. 

We've been spoiled by for too long,  by a good, talented manager who took the club from the doldrums, and turned us into 3rd place challengers, 

What more do we want

A manager and a team that give a fuck.   Now go back and cuddle up to Mchunis.  

• Dildo 1

I thought the 17k was the budget for the entire management team.  Whatever it is it will be vastly reduced next season.  I’m now more of the opinion he has been given to the end of the season and then will be gone.  As I think someone mentioned it may have to be announced sooner rather than later to get anyone to buy a season ticket.  Wouldn’t surprise me if DC offered him a package to leave last month and DM dug his heels in and negotiated an agreement then to leave in summer.   As shit as it is, I do think the managerial situ probably not to of the agenda at the moment.  Keeping the club afloat will be.  

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I couldn't believe how much he was bigging up Hamilton on Red TV during his pre match interview. 

Definitely more concerned with countering the opposition than imposing his own team's strengths. 

But he's always been a counter attacking manager. We just used to have players with pace and ability to punish teams on the break.

That's not a new thing. For years he's gone on about "nullifying" the opponents threat even when we've  been playing the likes of Dumbarton. 

1 hour ago, DD1903 said:

I think that you are correct about this. But there has been a massive downturn this season on anyone signing up new players on pre-contracts. Covid seems to be having a bigger effect, even on the biggest clubs, than anyone ever thought.

Guys that we should have been interested in like Gallagher and Findlay remained untouched in January...both Scotland internationals, (I know Findlay has since been snapped up by a club in the USA) available for free, in a position we know we need to fill for next season. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

He didn't say exactly £1million.

He said "over a million"

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Yep that's my major gripe with him

8 years in with the budget he has, every single player in the squad whether senior or youth, he has overseen

So if he hasn't built a squad in 8 years that don't give a flying feck what Hamilton do, play any system we want and cuff them by several goals, then he is at fault 

This for me is exactly the point. His success rate of signing good players vs shite players is horrific. When he and the MSM mention the players he’s had to replace at the end of each season they don’t highlight the dozens of players we’ve signed that have had zero impact. He’s had 8 years to not only build a squad that doesn’t rely on one striker, or one winger, or one attacking mid etc, but also has had the time to develop his own players via the very well funded youth academy.

Covid has caused real issues because the usual dozen summer signings required to find one or two decent players isn’t feasible now. Him mentioning that the signings were last minute during the window was embarrassing. What happened to the ~15 signing windows before Christmas? He’s had time and resources to develop a sustainable squad level and now he’s out of funds to paper over his shite approach to AFC youth progression and shite scouting.

End of. Get rid.

38 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

Don't know how true this is but apparently Hun DMC is off to Dubai in the summer to join up with Lennon at a job over there, 

True I heard the same from SHEIK HADENUFF  O  THISSHIT  over in the UAE.  Their both booked in to the YORK HOTEL.   Full of Chinese Russian Turks ready to play for them.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
38 minutes ago, 1983 said:

This for me is exactly the point. His success rate of signing good players vs shite players is horrific. When he and the MSM mention the players he’s had to replace at the end of each season they don’t highlight the dozens of players we’ve signed that have had zero impact. He’s had 8 years to not only build a squad that doesn’t rely on one striker, or one winger, or one attacking mid etc, but also has had the time to develop his own players via the very well funded youth academy.

Covid has caused real issues because the usual dozen summer signings required to find one or two decent players isn’t feasible now. Him mentioning that the signings were last minute during the window was embarrassing. What happened to the ~15 signing windows before Christmas? He’s had time and resources to develop a sustainable squad level and now he’s out of funds to paper over his shite approach to AFC youth progression and shite scouting.

End of. Get rid.

I think he's been able to attract a comparatively(compared to previous managers) good standard of player.Its the consistent inability to get the best out of them thats been frustrating for me

• Upvote 1

I’m betwixt and between.  Can fuck off any time he likes obviously, finances allowing.  We’re not winning a cup and have probably fucked 3rd.

To me the focus now (overdue) should be in Europe.  Ideally 3rd for the group thing but at the very least having a semi capable team ready for whatever round we do enter at.  Everything else should stem off that in a football sense.  Accept of course that financial priorities could be different not least with the crowd situation, but as others have said the response re STs in whatever conditions apply at that time will be a long LONG way from unconditional.

Can’t imagine any other club in the world who would keep a manager in place on such a bad run and who has totally no idea how to improve his squad and who has clearly no real support from the fans who really just want a team they can be prowd off who play entertaining football and when the 90 minutes has finished win or lose have given their all for the club and supporters 

If Milne and Co, have indeed hamstrung Cormack, they should be fucking ashamed of themselves. These are the same people who were calling the shots back in 2012 during the whole Hun liquidation, and look how that worked out - the cunts are back sneering at the rest of us. 

There is nothing in Milne's track record to indicate that he has any ability to make positive decisions for Aberdeen FC or Scottish football. 

Milne should take a step back and try looking at Scottish Football and our  club from the outside and maybe then he'd realise how pathetic and pitiful the whole situation is. He's handed the reigns over, now he should fuck off and let Dave get on with it. And if Cormack fails, then hey ho, it's no worse than what Milne's served up. 

2 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

I can't see how the yank factions in the boardroom couldn't just threaten to withdraw financial backing to force the hun dmc enthusiasts to back off

Just get rid of that fucking drain on AFC , Stewart Milne.

He’s done no good for the Dons, and him hanging about backing McInnes regardless of how shite we are, is holding us back.

Get the Masonic yokel to fuck back to Alford.