Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

5 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

A good win on Saturday would go a long way to that.

Winning Saturday won't change a thing. 

The results have gone off but the football has been shite for years. That isn't going to suddenly change by fluking a victory v st mirren. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Winning Saturday won't change a thing. 

The results have gone off but the football has been shite for years. That isn't going to suddenly change by fluking a victory v st mirren. 

Yes, however I was only commenting on the 'hysteria'.

Just now, muttonhumper said:

Exactly.

3-0 St. Mirren would though.

So hopefully that's the result.

Each to their own, however, with 33 points still to play for I'll be hoping for a Dons win.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Yes, however I was only commenting on the 'hysteria'.

Each to their own, however, with 33 points still to play for I'll be hoping for a Dons win.

Like RUL said.

Will change fuck all.

Nice for you. Nice for happy clappers. Up the Dons and all that shit.

However 3-0 defeat, he'll be gone.

Guaranteed. 

1 minute ago, Stoneybloke said:

Are you not allowed to swim against the tide?

You certainly can. Especially if being contrary for the sake of being contrary is your aim.

But your comments appear to be getting hysterical about accusing other people of hysteria notwithstanding the oversized, in bold, eye-aching font. I've read pretty measured comment on the whole in this thread

• Upvote 1
53 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Exactly.

3-0 St. Mirren would though.

So hopefully that's the result.

Not sure how anyone who’s meant to be an Aberdeen fan could say he would rather see Aberdeen loose than them win if it means the manager would sacked. Even in mcgees terrible reign I’d still want Aberdeen to win 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Don't know about the training but would surprise me if it was fit for purpose. It's more their lack of fight, their utter uselessness in trying to take control of the game, any game that leads me to believe the overall quality is shite. We can see technically they're not very good but without the heart and desire to win, they're guaranteed to continue to remain losers.

The 3 at the back thing is a bad joke so half-competent strategy and management might shore that up but the always-regressed Taylor, the mightily-regressed Logan, the struggling-to-be-close-to-merely-below-average Considine when played anywhere other than centre back and the yet-to-prove-commandment Hoban shuffling aboot, with zero full back ability in the squad, and a keeper who's bubble has appeared to burst, the game's a bogey.

Add on a midfield vacuum and shite attacking play and I can't see anything at all to compete for anything. Ferguson has grit but hides too much, Hedges has flashes of competence from his only functioning foot and they're the only two worth mentioning. It's a shit show, an imbalanced squad of wimps and charlatans, all in the image of the midget bearded king charlatan who himself may be managed by a snake oil charlatan with good teeth (apparently, self-proclaimed), the latter's status being considered by the jury right now. 

This is actually very accurate and quite funny to boot. Especially enjoyed “bearded king charlatan” and “snake oil charlatan with good teeth”. Bang on.

Only thing I disagree with is Ferguson hiding? Don’t think you could ever accuse him of that. He’s no great silky technician like many think but he certainly doesn’t hide.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Not sure how anyone who’s meant to be an Aberdeen fan could say he would rather see Aberdeen loose than them win if it means the manager would sacked. Even in mcgees terrible reign I’d still want Aberdeen to win 

Don't think I'd ever want Aberdeen to lose but I can see the logic if you think we're going to keep losing under McInnes. 

24 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d rather we scraped third (by playing shite football) & he gets removed in the summer. 

Could you see a scenario where we bring in a Director of Football in the summer to handle recruitment leaving McInnes to see out his last year as Head coach before another head coach comes in at that point? 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Could you see a scenario where we bring in a Director of Football in the summer to handle recruitment leaving McInnes to see out his last year as Head coach before another head coach comes in at that point? 

Doubtful, and probably a good excuse for a break point and an amicable shaking of hands.

Probably more chance of McInnes becoming the DoF and a new head coach coming in.

We need structural change.

Our scouting system is obviously shite, we, as a club, don't really have an identity in how we want to play, meaning we don't know how to engage supporters and make coming to matches a time worthy experience. 

Sacking McInnes for another run of the mill Scottish football manager a la Jim Goodwin doesn't really solve the issues at hand, in the long term. Cormack laid his ambitions out with that document type thing at the start of the season, and if he wants the ambitions to come to fruition, he needs to change much of the personnel currently at the club. 

Still we have staff employed for sentiment, we have a recruitment strategy largely overseen by two people (McInnes and Richardson) and we very rarely are able to unearth young Scottish talent from the lower leagues, or find any hidden gems in foreign countries. 

Time has definitely caught up with McInnes, but I can't see any sense in getting rid of him, as much is I think it's probably necessary, without a proper shake up at the club. 

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

We need structural change.

Our scouting system is obviously shite, we, as a club, don't really have an identity in how we want to play, meaning we don't know how to engage supporters and make coming to matches a time worthy experience. 

Sacking McInnes for another run of the mill Scottish football manager a la Jim Goodwin doesn't really solve the issues at hand, in the long term. Cormack laid his ambitions out with that document type thing at the start of the season, and if he wants the ambitions to come to fruition, he needs to change much of the personnel currently at the club. 

Still we have staff employed for sentiment, we have a recruitment strategy largely overseen by two people (McInnes and Richardson) and we very rarely are able to unearth young Scottish talent from the lower leagues, or find any hidden gems in foreign countries. 

Time has definitely caught up with McInnes, but I can't see any sense in getting rid of him, as much is I think it's probably necessary, without a proper shake up at the club. 

I was hoping Cormack would bring that, but he kind of hasn't. 

The club still lies to the fans as naturally as pigs roll in their own shite, the scouting system still doesn't work, we're still the most gutless club in the SPFL, we're still bringing in shirt-filling crap, we still speak of 'ambitions' of 3rd, and bar scraping one league cup on pens we're still underachieving. 

Cormack might look like less of a subterranean goblin-thing than Milne, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of practical differences between the two.