Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

9 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

I have no idea if McInnes was ever offered the national job but it is absolutely no surprise that he would turn it down.

Money and ego does strange things.

He's always thought he was bigger than AFC and given the size of the package thrown at him by his fellow midget cunt (pursuing his own non-AFC agenda), he was fed with further false and deluded belief that he was a special one.

He'll be in for a nasty shock whenever he leaves us and he's not getting many clubs going for him and the offers he'll recieve.

Add to that the fat he won't be allowed to eas shite as he has been with us for at other clubs 

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I'm sure the sleekit cunt lied about not being interested in Scotland job, 

I wouldnt be surprised if he was offered that job and turned it down, 

Was there not a statement put out saying McInnes wasn't interested in the job just a day or so before Clarke was announced? 

I think he at least had discussions with the SFA about the job at the very minimum. 

Edit: from BBC 

Both Kilmarnock and Aberdeen have been kept informed as the Scottish FA conducted due diligence on their respective managers.

The governing body wants to make an appointment quickly, with the squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Cyprus and Belgium scheduled to be announced in less than a fortnight.

Aberdeen vice-chairman Dave Cormack said on Wednesday that McInnes had told him he would stay and that the club would talk to him about a new contract, with his deal due to expire next summer.

The Pittodrie club, who have finished second in the Scottish Premiership in the past four seasons, will be guaranteed a Europa League place if they better Kilmarnock's result against Rangers when they visit Hibernian on Sunday.

"I wouldn't be against sitting down with the chairman about a contract extension but right now our focus will be on the rebuilding of the squad," said McInnes, who led Aberdeen to the League Cup in 2014.

8 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

https://twitter.com/AberdeenFC/status/1359916253884858369

Blames the "pressure on the players" for our loss. What an absolute wank-stain he is, such a losers mentality he has.

Imagine the fans wanting our team to win.....

Said another thing that pissed me off, "we have to see third as a magnificent achievement for this club."

In a season where Celtic have been poor, I disagree. Fair enough if they are firing on all cylinders 3rd is the best we could do, but we haven't even made a fist of second place. 

Also alarming that his remit is simply "to be up there in the European places." 

The first opportunity we've had in years to get proper European football Thursday nights under the lights and we're cunting it. There's potentially a huge amount of revenue lost if we don't finish 3rd, and there's no excuse for it. 

Hoping Hibs start dropping points soon. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm right behind him again

Yes the last few years have been way off what he has brought us to come to expect,  but its him that raised that bar

Last chance to turn it round, he deserves the chance

OOOOOH,  DEREK MCIIIIIINNES

I give it until 1650 this Saturday, MT!

32 minutes ago, daytripping said:

PRESSURE?? FFS 

Man needs a trip into the real World, bring his players with him. Pressure is not having work and bills mounting up, worrying how to feed the kids. Not turning up for a 4 hour day in the latest audi with turn up jeans on. They're playing for scraps behind the big boys, fuck off with pressure.

+4

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha maybe even 1505

I just really, really want to love him

There's a lot to like and yes he is well paid, but he clearly loves our club and the city 

Lot to be said for that 

Wish he would get his hair shaved in at the sides and back, the cup final mcinnes

He looked fucking brilliant there 

I want to see him do well also, however, I think he's too stubborn to change his ways sadly. For the benefit of everyone I think it's best he goes this summer at the latest.

45 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

McInnes with a very thinly veiled dig at the folk in charge of dealing with recruitment (is that Steven Gunn?) 

”Scrambling about on the last day of the window is not how I want to do business, & I’m not happy about it”. 
“There’s a few things I’m not happy about”.

Sounds pretty frustrated. 

Not a happy bunny. 

I assume a dig at Cormack for not releasing funds. Mcinnes actual press conference was an embarrassing parade of contradictions. 

43 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm right behind him again

Yes the last few years have been way off what he has brought us to come to expect,  but its him that raised that bar

Last chance to turn it round, he deserves the chance

OOOOOH,  DEREK MCIIIIIINNES

I really admire your hope MT.

As a fan of 50 years + I think I've seen it all from a Dons fan's perspective.

I obviously want my team to win at all times. 

Whilst I agree that DM deserves chance to right a lot of wrongs I am not as convinced he will ultimately succeed ?

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

I assume a dig at Cormack for not releasing funds. Mcinnes actual press conference was an embarrassing parade of contradictions. 

It’s the “I’m not happy about a lot of things” comment.

He’s said it a few times on the last week or so.

Maybe points to a mutual parting of the ways in the summer. 

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes, but if there’s strained relationships behind the scenes it doesn’t exactly help with the 3rd spot hopes. 

48 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Said another thing that pissed me off, "we have to see third as a magnificent achievement for this club."

In a season where Celtic have been poor, I disagree. Fair enough if they are firing on all cylinders 3rd is the best we could do, but we haven't even made a fist of second place. 

Also alarming that his remit is simply "to be up there in the European places." 

The first opportunity we've had in years to get proper European football Thursday nights under the lights and we're cunting it. There's potentially a huge amount of revenue lost if we don't finish 3rd, and there's no excuse for it. 

Hoping Hibs start dropping points soon. 

What is stopping him from saying “we should be seeing consistently  giving 2nd a right good go as a magnificent achievement for this club?”

it says the same thing does it not?

And whatever it is that’s stopping him, that’s the reason he needs chased.  Plenty jobs for him elsewhere if that’s his attitude.

5 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I would also need to check back but my recollection is that we’re always clatting about last minute in a transfer window?

He said "we've never done business in the last day of the window"

Immediately thought of Simon Church in 2016.

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I like saving the pre match conferences for Friday night,  so I'll return to this then 

I doubt highly he said that 

Said it should be viewed as a magnificent achievement, and everyone needs to believe that. He said players were under "too much pressure" last week. 

Just everything we've come accustomed to thinking about him. 

11 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Said it should be viewed as a magnificent achievement, and everyone needs to believe that. He said players were under "too much pressure" last week. 

Just everything we've come accustomed to thinking about him. 

Third biggest budget finishing third, magnificent. ? stop digging that hole Derek, you're just making things worse. 

3 minutes ago, G31DON said:

Third biggest budget finishing third, magnificent. ? stop digging that hole Derek, you're just making things worse. 

Last season we finished 4th behind Motherwell.

Season before that we finished 4th behind Killie. 

He's not even performing to Third Biggest Budget = Third Place Finish expectations. 

This season looks like we might even fail to hit 4th if results continue the way they've been going. 

We just got smashed by a Yogi Hughes side, and the rest of the teams know to beat us by simply working a bit harder and exploiting the masses of room we leave wide at the back week after week after fucking week. 

28 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I like saving the pre match conferences for Friday night,  so I'll return to this then 

I doubt highly he said that 

He did but was in context that 3rd this year guarantees European football until December. He says they've known for while Scottish Cup won't be played this season? 

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's lockdown, I'm growing it out, see if I can pull off a Jim Morrison. 

Would be easy enough if the pubs were open. Pretty common NE name.