Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

I think all the ITK folk have the same ITK person, and that ITK person who gave the other ITK people the info, is either pulling folks legs, or trying to suss out how quickly information they give reaches the forums/social media etc. 

Looks like it was all a crock of shite. 

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I think all the ITK folk have the same ITK person, and that ITK person who gave the other ITK people the info, is either pulling folks legs, or trying to suss out how quickly information they give reaches the forums/social media etc. 

Looks like it was all a crock of shite. 

These things have a habit of becoming self-fulfilling prophecies.

Two well respected journalists have published articles on it this weekend, so it's not just forum shitposting any more. Saturday was a huge game for our prospects of finishing third, and we utterly shat the bed. This won't be lost on the board.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

These things have a habit of becoming self-fulfilling prophecies.

Two well respected journalists have published articles on it this weekend, so it's not just forum shitposting any more. Saturday was a huge game for our prospects of finishing third, and we utterly shat the bed. This won't be lost on the board.

I don't doubt there are worries for his future, I just think the notion he was sacked yesterday with an announcement expected today, was a total crock of shite.

3 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't doubt there are worries for his future, I just think the notion he was sacked yesterday with an announcement expected today, was a total crock of shite.

I'm not convinced either but I really think we need a statement whether that is sacked, leaving end of season or vote of confidence as it wasn't ideal how much bad feeling there has been in and around the interviews and matches.

Just now, Tord31 said:

I'm not convinced either but I really think we need a statement whether that is sacked, leaving end of season or vote of confidence as it wasn't ideal how much bad feeling there has been in and around the interviews and matches.

Agree, they are hanging him out to dry a wee bit. Transparency and all that, eh Davie.

2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I agree, that's pish. 

It's clear his time is up though. As others have said, I'd imagine the board are currently weighing up the pros and cons. Time, and games, are running out. There's little to suggest our form will magically improve in the next eleven games, particularly with the injuries we're carrying. They may think that the 'new manager bounce' is worth the risk, especially if they were planning on a change in the summer anyway.

Personally, I'll be surprised if he lasts the week.

1 minute ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

I agree, that's pish. 

It's clear his time is up though. As others have said, I'd imagine the board are currently weighing up the pros and cons. Time, and games, are running out. There's little to suggest our form will magically improve in the next eleven games, particularly with the injuries we're carrying. They may think that the 'new manager bounce' is worth the risk, especially if they were planning on a change in the summer anyway.

Yup. If the rumours are true, you would have thought at least one journo would have been able to verify it by now. 

7 hours ago, graham said:

Thank you sonoftherock,I am normally very much the shy and retiring mild mannered janitor  type and will return to the calm well mannered erudite chap i usually am once Derek McInnes has departed. Notice too McInnes gave Miko Virtanen a patronizing couple of minutes a few games ago,praised Miko and has given the young man not a single second since.

Thank you Redmist 1903 and muttonhumper good wishes,you are right ,side of the pitch just enjoying a game would do the world of good for me.These matches keep me going between the big games on a Saturday.I do feel Derek McInnes had been getting it quite easy in the absence of crowds.Pressure is mounting now and Aberdeen v St Mirren next weekend already looking a significant game

At last someone who isn’t a red happy clapper, Mcinnes has got away with piss poor management and zimmer signings for the past 3 years.   What the hell do these players do at Cormack park.   It must be a day out at butlins.  Mcinnes looks like someone with manic depression and it’s. Spread to the. Whole of HIS” team.     This season alone look at the defeats and draws against teams they should have easily brushed aside.    But it’s not just this season it’s been slowly infested  with crap performances the past 3 years.   

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 2
3 minutes ago, Dr_Manhattan said:

I agree, that's pish. 

I don't know why they'd deliberate til later on in the week, the next game is on Saturday, surely if they are gonna do it, they should do it now when the interim staff can set their own stall out for the game ahead.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

I'd also ask Derek what is he wanting at this point.

I've always said, and thought, he wouldn't want to run his contract in to a situation where we can afford to sack him - which i've always said is Q4 2021.

Ah I like your thinking. Drive Dereks stock so low, that we weaken his bargaining position, then when he's at his lowest get him signed up for another 5 years.  Happy Days. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Ah I like your thinking. Drive Dereks stock so low, that we weaken his bargaining position, then when he's at his lowest get him signed up for another 5 years.  Happy Days. 

actual LOL. Get Derek on gardening leave. We can't afford to sack him. Get Doc with him.

Get a new manager (out of work) to work with Sheerin and Robson for Feb-May. The only outlay belonging to this season becomes the new gaffers salary.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I don't know why they'd deliberate til later on in the week, the next game is on Saturday, surely if they are gonna do it, they should do it now when the interim staff can set their own stall out for the game ahead.

I'd imagine because it's not an easy decision. There are real risks involved in sacking him now, and there are real risks from sticking with the status quo.

If the only option on the table for a replacement is Robson et al, they're probably as well sticking with him. Besides, it's not like they'll make the decision and inform the press on the way out of the boardroom. I think we'll know one way or the other by Wednesday, but if they decide to keep him on the pressure will only build with every poor result. 

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

actual LOL. Get Derek on gardening leave. We can't afford to sack him. Get Doc with him.

Get a new manager (out of work) to work with Sheerin and Robson for Feb-May. The only outlay belonging to this season becomes the new gaffers salary.

So we pay their two wages whilst they sit on their arse and then another person's wage on top, to save money? Lolz

3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

So we pay their two wages whilst they sit on their arse and then another person's wage on top, to save money? Lolz

It's saving money versus paying him any of his 2021/22 salary in this financial year and not paying compensation for a new manager

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's saving money versus paying him any of his 2021/22 salary in this financial year and not paying compensation for a new manager

We would have to pay him for the length of his contract whether he was on gardening leave or released straight away. Do you think McInnes is on a 3 month notice period!? Then bringing in some part time manager on a short term basis (why!?) is another wage. How is that saving money? 

Just now, Zeus said:

This was all shite wasn't it? ?

Appears so. But it appears strange that the club were leaking info to Tom English and Richard Gordon on their intentions following a defeat at Hibs, if they hadn't made plans that they were prepared to act upon. 

Essentially the club have added extra pressure to the players ahead of the game that could have contributed to them losing, and all for what purpose? 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Appears so. But it appears strange that the club were leaking info to Tom English and Richard Gordon on their intentions following a defeat at Hibs, if they hadn't made plans that they were prepared to act upon. 

Essentially the club have added extra pressure to the players ahead of the game that could have contributed to them losing, and all for what purpose? 

Maybe they wanted to put some pressure on the management team to get a reaction?