Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

17 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

I'm sure UEFA pay travel expenses like charter flights etc.

I queried this the other day in another thread

If UEFA were covering the cost, surely they would insist on clubs using the smallest practical plane to do the journey in? Players plus managerial, coaching, physio and medical staff cant really total more than 40 or so. Yet sevco have been using a Boeing 757 all season.......even in an all business class configuration it still holds 100 odd. And they used it even to fly to Liege.....a flight of about 75 minutes so its not as if they need the 757 for it's range capabilities.

1 minute ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Seems like he's trying to dismiss it as a factor but leaving wriggle room to allow for the fact that it probably is 3rd highest. 

Comes across as if he's saying it's not a big enough advantage to count. Poor show. 

If budgets are not a big enough advantage, why is our target 3rd place, and not 1st, or 10th or somewhere in between? It's because of budgets and the expectations that come with those budgets. Particularly in the long term, you'll get your Motherwells, St Johnstone, Inverness CT, Killies etc punching above their weight every so often, but they can't sustain it long term. 

36 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Eh? He doesn't buy the comment? What the fuck does that mean? His budget is either higher, equal to or less than other clubs in the league. 

It's commonly understood that Aberdeen have the 3rd highest budget, if that is not correct he should clarify or a least give an indication as to who he thinks has a bigger budget. 

He's probably right enough - his vastly overinflated wage takes a huge fucking chunk out of the football budget so we probably are left spending the same on players as Hibs etc.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

That doesn't make sense though

As even if we do pay more than hibs, it will be 15 or so percent more

The Glasgow two are 5-600% more

On the other end of the scale, We are paying ~300% more than Livingstone, but we've just played them twice and got 1/6 points and they are right behind us in the league and looking like they'll overtake us if we continue in the form we're in. 

In terms of honours, we've won the same amount, or less than, St Johnstone, Killie, Inverness, St Mirren, Hibs and Hearts (to name a few) in the last 20 years.  

Budgets do give an advantage, as Celtic, Rangers, Man City, Bayern, Barcelona, Real etc are finding out in their leagues, but it requires a manager to actually take that budget and make it an advantage. I don't feel like we've done that in the past 3 seasons. Especially performance wise, with the money we are paying in comparison to St MIrren, for example, we play absolute dog shite football.  

I would be interested to know how much the budget gap would have to be between the  5th and 6th placed sides for him to consider it an advantage.

This is when he annoys folk, he lives in a delusional little world that only bringing in that much money could allow one to.

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The first bit is unlikely.

The second bit hasn’t been seen post 2017. 

We need change. 

We need to massively improve to think about third, however Hibs were fucking awful in that game against us until they scored. The difference between the two is that they have players able to make cutting passes and forwards running onto through balls. 

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Eh? He doesn't buy the comment? What the fuck does that mean? His budget is either higher, equal to or less than other clubs in the league. 

It's commonly understood that Aberdeen have the 3rd highest budget, if that is not correct he should clarify or a least give an indication as to who he thinks has a bigger budget. 

Hearts would probably contest the fact that we have the 3rd biggest budget now. Despite Granny Budge's wailing and gnashing of teeth about having to cut costs in the wake of their relegation. 

Hibs are also closing in year on year...if we don't improve ours then they'll catch up within 2-3 years

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Is there an argument to be had that we need to pay players more to move to Aberdeen than if they moved to Edinburgh or Glasgow?

Not a slagging to aberdeen  just a genuine observation as its miles away from.the rest of the UK?

It's not an argument it's a known fact

If we are targeting a player who both lives and plays for a club in the central belt, if say Hibs and Dundee United were also interested, we'd have to go the extra mile because with the other 2 clubs, the distance to travel is still commutable on a daily basis so no need to move house if he so desired. Aberdeen isn't commutable....so they'd incur costs of relocation. 

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

He's under contract, Unless he's getting paid out of his contract I don't blame him (same as Lennon) for not wanting to give that up. 

Would you give up a years salary?

I wouldn’t, no. But I don’t claim to love my employer. Maybe if I had the emotional connection that DM claims I may be more inclined to do the right thing...

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, donswin1983 said:

I wouldn’t, no. But I don’t claim to love my employer. Maybe if I had the emotional connection that DM claims I may be more inclined to do the right thing...

"love" is out of the window when it comes to losing the guts of £1M from a contract.

If Cormack wants him gone, he'll need to cough up as there's no way he's walking away with nothing. 

• Dildo 1

Whilst the budget we have available is a major contributing factor to the standard of player we can attract and the levels of performance possible, players and management who are employed by Aberdeen should do there utmost to relocate to Aberdeen in order to be able to perform to consistently high levels as it is nigh impossible to do so if deciding to stay an unreasonable distance away (e.g. like Derek McInnes and Tony Docherty do). 

The only player in living memory that was able to do this and still perform to consistent high levels was Lee Miller who stayed in Perth during his time with Aberdeen. That was an exception to the rule though. 

Regardless of where players and management reside, it's what happens on the pitch that counts. However, as we all know, this has been appalling lately and perhaps this is reflective of players and managers unwillingness to relocate and general attitude towards Aberdeen and us supporters. 

• Downvote 1

Well I have to say I agree with the sleekit cunt when he says to most clubs 3rd is the holy grail. 

For clubs with smaller budgets, with ambition, drive, and desire 3rd place SHOULD be their target, thier holy grail and if it is then they are to be commended and praised. 

But for the fucking prick to say it should be ours, is another example of his total disregard for fans ambitions. 

The sooner he fucks off the better, fucking imbecile 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, ericblack4boss said:

After his, love the club more than any fan, comment last week there is no bounds to his arseholity

There's an easy way to figure out if Derek loves the club more than the fans. 

Aberdeen fans turn up on a Saturday and pay to watch the team play. 

McInnes turns up because he gets paid six figures. 

Stop paying McInnes and see how often he turns up. 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, ericblack4boss said:

After his, love the club more than any fan, comment last week there is no bounds to his arseholity

Aye, the full list there. 

Blamed the ref for the penalty decision 

Blamed the press for his players being under pressure 

By implication, blamed his players for not being able to handle the pressure

Blamed the club for the Leigh injury and the late recruitment. 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

There's an easy way to figure out if Derek loves the club more than the fans. 

Aberdeen fans turn up on a Saturday and pay to watch the team play. 

McInnes turns up because he gets paid six figures. 

Stop paying McInnes and see how often he turns up. 

Aye he overstepped the mark there. 

Millertime is right, he's good at playing the media for the benefit of Derek McInnes normally but he was definitely flustered last weekend and got his lines wrong a couple of times.