Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not necessarily.

if we get to a stage where 3rd is unattainable or unrealistic then they might pony up & get rid of him & give the new man 4-5 games post-split (like McInnes got) to assess what he has & what he needs for 2021/22? 

Unlikely though. 

Would be pretty easy to assess from a distance or even from the boardroom. 

There's onky about 10 first team squad players contracted beyond the summer?  Of the ones out of contract you'd try to keep Hoban but that would be about it. 

4 are central midfielders. 

1 goalie 

No strikers 

No full backs 

1  centre back who is 34

Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges and McLennan. 

I think the assessment would be we need full backs, centre backs and strikers?  And we'll probably have to flog Ferguson to help fund the rebuild? 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Would be pretty easy to assess from a distance or even from the boardroom. 

There's onky about 10 first team squad players contracted beyond the summer?  Of the ones out of contract you'd try to keep Hoban but that would be about it. 

4 are central midfielders. 

1 goalie 

No strikers 

No full backs 

1  centre back who is 34

Hayes, Kennedy, Hedges and McLennan. 

I think the assessment would be we need full backs, centre backs and strikers?  And we'll probably have to flog Ferguson to help fund the rebuild? 

Forgot Ojo. 

We have  a grand total of 11 players contracted for next season and 5, yes 5 of them are fucking central midfielders. 

Holy fuck, I'd have to batter the cunt if I saw him walking down the street*.
That's how much I hate the egotistical, self-centred fucking ARSEHOLE.

Do the right thing beardy retard. Get yourself to FUCK!

*Unlikely in Oriklini, so up to you cunts.

Imagine the excuses.

Oh, dinna batter me, it's bit icy on pavements, might be dangerous, by ra way.

Oh, dinna batter me, I'll get the wokerati on to you for doing a racist anti weegie skelping, so ah will.

Oh dinna batter me, will pit too much pressure on the players fan they hear aboot it. big man.

etc

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Holy fuck, I'd have to batter the cunt if I saw him walking down the street*.
That's how much I hate the egotistical, self-centred fucking ARSEHOLE.

Do the right thing beardy retard. Get yourself to FUCK!

*Unlikely in Oriklini, so up to you cunts.

Imagine the excuses.

Oh, dinna batter me, it's bit icy on pavements, might be dangerous, by ra way.

Oh, dinna batter me, I'll get the wokerati on to you for doing a racist anti weegie skelping, so ah will.

Oh dinna batter me, will pit too much pressure on the players fan they hear aboot it. big man.

etc

Never seen a more obvious "cans^" in my puff.

Cans ^.

Mcinnes has actually today equalled the longest run in AFC history for games without scoring.

The one I referenced in Cetic v Aberdeen thread was.for league games only.

The previous record for competitive games was from March 1973.

Celtic 0-1

St Johnstone 0-1

Parick 0-0

Celtic 0-0

Celtic 0-1

As you can see, 3 of those games were v 9 in a row Tims

Dereks blank bonanza is as follows:

St Johnstone 0-0

Livingston 0-0

Livingston 0-2

Hibs 0-2

St Mirren 0-0

So let's be honest.

It's already the worst run of games without scoring in AFC history.

Another blank at Celtic in midweek will merely rubber stamp it.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not necessarily.

if we get to a stage where 3rd is unattainable or unrealistic then they might pony up & get rid of him & give the new man 4-5 games post-split (like McInnes got) to assess what he has & what he needs for 2021/22? 

Unlikely though. 

That's my thinking. But lets face it....after 2 defeats by Celtic, third place will be gone anyway. Which is why I think there's a reasonable chance that if we fail to beat Killie next week that the change might get made before even that can happen. I know that 4th would still be up for grabs but to my thinking getting things right next season is far more important and getting a new boss in sharpish gives him the best chance to assess what is required, whilst playing competitive games. Waiting till summer gives him far less assessment time and only has him seeing friendlies.

McInnes might not get sacked.....parking him on gardening leave means we just continue paying him monthly rather than in one lump sum. If he were willing to negotiate a fair settlement package then fair enough, cough up and get him away.

3 hours ago, RUL said:

Its currently 42% after today for this season. 

Strange. As I read prior to Hibs game (not sure which media source but one of the regular ones) his win percentage for the season stood at just a little under then 41% mark so not sure how that can have improved after 3 more games without a win since. 
not saying you are wrong but could be confusion in league & total for season maybe.

either way it’s horrific anyway & only getting worse

37 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That's my thinking. But lets face it....after 2 defeats by Celtic, third place will be gone anyway. Which is why I think there's a reasonable chance that if we fail to beat Killie next week that the change might get made before even that can happen. I know that 4th would still be up for grabs but to my thinking getting things right next season is far more important and getting a new boss in sharpish gives him the best chance to assess what is required, whilst playing competitive games. Waiting till summer gives him far less assessment time and only has him seeing friendlies.

McInnes might not get sacked.....parking him on gardening leave means we just continue paying him monthly rather than in one lump sum. If he were willing to negotiate a fair settlement package then fair enough, cough up and get him away.

Gardening leave ‘could’ end up the cheaper option rather than agree a pay off figure.

It would be a gamble as would depend on McInnes looking for or accepting any approaches from other sides during gardening leave which would then effectively just simply take him off our books then.

Interim manager with either of Brown, Robson, Sheerin (or even Considine) couldn’t really be any worse than the current situation. 

17 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Strange. As I read prior to Hibs game (not sure which media source but one of the regular ones) his win percentage for the season stood at just a little under then 41% mark so not sure how that can have improved after 3 more games without a win since. 
not saying you are wrong but could be confusion in league & total for season maybe.

either way it’s horrific anyway & only getting worse

Mines is based on league games. Maybe lower if you include European etc. 

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

5 and a bit games without a goal is a sacking offence on its own.

Worst AFC run since Uncle Ebbe in 99, and worst SPL run since St Johnstone went 7 games, which was Hun DMc, if I’m not mistaken. WTF do they do at Cormack Park?

McInnes has multiple 5 game, and a 7 game run without his scoring a goal?

Absolutely embarrassing.

15 minutes ago, RUL said:

Mines is based on league games. Maybe lower if you include European etc. 

Fair doos. I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just read something (pre Hibs game) either on bbc, or one of the rags that his seasons win % stood at slightly under 41% & I didn’t doubt it considering his recent run.

Guess if LC, Europa & SC semi loss are added in it doesn’t help

9 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

3rd, give 2nd our best shot and he can shit fest his way to as many 0-0s as he likes.  Problem is he’s being found out which makes what really should be our minimum a challenge as seen for the last two years already.  No wiggle room.

3rd is gone and this will become apparent over the next 2 weeks.  We had a run of games against the lower teams and that's when we should have built up a points total to defend. Instead we've completely fucked it and we've got a tough run in now. 

We're reduced to hoping Livingston drop more points than us to get 4th.  I think we'll finish well behind Hibs now. 

I cannot see us finishing higher than 5th at the minute, with Tims away twice in the next 3 games even Killie next week with the new manager bounce might be too much, I said it last week I just don't see where the next goal is coming from never mind the next win. Hibs have 2 easy home games coming up so can see them having a 10 point gap to us in the next 3 weeks or so and we are now hoping Yesterdays defeat is the start of Livi coming of the rails

7 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I cannot see us finishing higher than 5th at the minute, with Tims away twice in the next 3 games even Killie next week with the new manager bounce might be too much, I said it last week I just don't see where the next goal is coming from never mind the next win. Hibs have 2 easy home games coming up so can see them having a 10 point gap to us in the next 3 weeks or so and we are now hoping Yesterdays defeat is the start of Livi coming of the rails

Hibs will finish about 10 points ahead of us now. 

Folk have been saying that as bad as we are Hibs are worse than us.  That's denial.  They're not.  They can create chances and score goals for a start. They're also a quicker team with more urgency about them and attack in greater numbers.   We might have a better defence but that's about it.