Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

On 2/8/2021 at 9:15 AM, shut up meg said:

Image result for hong kong phooey

Good for you shut up meg,you got the analogy,give yourself a coconut.Read my posts carefully and you will learn I have a good sense of humour and do not take myself too seriously.Would that you could just read people's contributions and not come on here like a wee troll and fucken smartarse.Now gettae tae fuck.

11 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

I cannot see us finishing higher than 5th at the minute, with Tims away twice in the next 3 games even Killie next week with the new manager bounce might be too much, I said it last week I just don't see where the next goal is coming from never mind the next win. Hibs have 2 easy home games coming up so can see them having a 10 point gap to us in the next 3 weeks or so and we are now hoping Yesterdays defeat is the start of Livi coming of the rails

Think livi been well beaten last two weeks. What's frustrating is the 0 0 at Livingston they looked knackered. Then we somehow conspire to lose 2 0 to them. 

2 minutes ago, RUL said:

Think livi been well beaten last two weeks. What's frustrating is the 0 0 at Livingston they looked knackered. Then we somehow conspire to lose 2 0 to them. 

3 times this season Lewis gave away a sloppy cheap early goal which played right into the hands of the away team.

When we’re struggling to score, it doesn’t help losing that cheap early goal

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

3 times this season Lewis gave away a sloppy cheap early goal which played right into the hands of the away team.

When we’re struggling to score, it doesn’t help losing that cheap early goal

Lewis is not to blame for us being shite.  That's much too simplistic. 

It's far, far more deep rooted than that. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Lewis is not to blame for us being shite.  That's much too simplistic. 

It's far, far more deep rooted than that. 

Totally agree, just commenting that in the Livi game and two others this season, losing those early goals to goalkeeper errors has made the task of winning much harder especially when we’ve been playing poorly

I wonder if there is a mental block with the players. So used to going in front and game managing, how do they handle coming back from behind?

How many games have we achieved that recently?

9 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Totally agree, just commenting that in the Livi game and two others this season, losing those early goals to goalkeeper errors has made the task of winning much harder especially when we’ve been playing poorly

I wonder if there is a mental block with the players. So used to going in front and game managing, how do they handle coming back from behind?

How many games have we achieved that recently?

Heids definitely sink fast now when we concede first. 

The only two wins we've had recently we scored first, Motherwell and Ross County 

Our next 3 games are Celtic, Killie, Celtic. 

I think that it's guaranteed that we'll lose the Celtic games and Tommy Wright has to get his first win sometime - who'd bet against it being next weekend. 

Come the end of the month the mantra of get behind the manager and the team to secure the "holy grail" of 3rd will become meaningless as it'll be all but gone. 

What happens then. Do we just got through the motions to the end of the season? 

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Heids definitely sink fast now when we concede first. 

The only two wins we've had recently we scored first, Motherwell and Ross County 

No wonder heads go down. The players know we can barely create a chance never mind score two goals

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I think that it's guaranteed that we'll lose the Celtic games and Tommy Wright has to get his first win sometime - who'd bet against it being next weekend. 

Come the end of the month the mantra of get behind the manager and the team to secure the "holy grail" of 3rd will become meaningless as it'll be all but gone. 

Weve only got 7 to go at that point and maybe a bit more of a view on liklihood of scottish cup getting played.

Huntly away would present a good chance for the team to get their second win in 15 matches.

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

In hindsight, and in current sober light of day, yes, you are correct.

But nae many cans, mostly, bottles, draught and the main contributor to that post, the gin.

?

Seek help, humper of mutton

Derek is one of those types, isn't he? 

If we lose: Transfers of our best players, injuries, the weather, the pitch, the ref, the pressure. 

If we win: Magnificent application from MY boys, excellent work from MY boys, MY boys have taken a kicking but they've won here etc 

I genuinely can't recall a time as AFC manager when he fronted up a result and took the entire portion of the blame. He often protects his players and himself, normally when managers protect their players they put the pressure on themselves.

Also, he often distorts the truth of the match we've all just watched. Which I find to be his most infuriating and irritating trait. 

49 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

The added benefits of 3rd this season, has to be the target, if that’s unachievable, then 4th can still give us the opportunity (different seedlings for the ECL)

Totally failing to get into Europe should be unthinkable.

As the games pass, achieving 3rd becomes much tougher now we’re slipping behind Hibs, but we must give everything to try and achieve that

13 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If we lose: Transfers of our best players, injuries, the weather, the pitch, the ref, the pressure. 

If we win: Magnificent application from MY boys, excellent work from MY boys, MY boys have taken a kicking but they've won here etc 

I genuinely can't recall a time as AFC manager when he fronted up a result and took the entire portion of the blame. He often protects his players and himself, normally when managers protect their players they put the pressure on themselves.

Also, he often distorts the truth of the match we've all just watched. Which I find to be his most infuriating and irritating trait. 

Aye of he wins its all 'my team' and 'we wanted to try this and that' etc 

4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The added benefits of 3rd this season, has to be the target, if that’s unachievable, then 4th can still give us the opportunity (different seedlings for the ECL)

Totally failing to get into Europe should be unthinkable.

As the games pass, achieving 3rd becomes much tougher now we’re slipping behind Hibs, but we must give everything to try and achieve that

3rd is gone. 

We haven't scored for 5 games. And we've won 1 in 8.

Weve 10 games left.  3 against Celtic, away to Huns, and possibly away to Hibs and Livingston out of those 10. Where do you see us getting the points to catch and overtake Hibs out of that lot especially as their 5 games before the split are easier than ours? 

He's got a cheek blaming the transfer window after all the backing he got last summer to bring in Hayes, McCrorie, Hoban, his beloved Greg Leigh and 2 emergency loan strikers.   As well as getting McGeouch and Kennedy in January to paper over the cracks in last season's recruitment. 

And when he had a chance to mix things up earlier in the window he chose to extend Greg Leigh's contract to the summer. 

The truth is he's been backed with players more than any manager we've ever had.  About 75 different players have came in over the last 8 years. 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

The definition  of sleekit to fuck! 

8 hours ago, graham said:

Good for you shut up meg,you got the analogy,give yourself a coconut.Read my posts carefully and you will learn I have a good sense of humour and do not take myself too seriously.Would that you could just read people's contributions and not come on here like a wee troll and fucken smartarse.Now gettae tae fuck.

Thanks for the reply and the equally abusive DM graham.

If you think me posting a picture of Hong Kong Phooey is trolling, then i suggest you take a break from the internet.

If this is how you respond to a couple of mild posts from myself, I'll refrain from conversing with you in the future.

Image result for mentalist alan partridge