Jump to content
tup

Derek McInnes

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Your points above are mostly valid, but you miss from your post is that for the most part of the Mcinnes tenure the football has been Horrible on the eye, anybody who had studied Mcinnes before  coming to Aberdeen should have known his football was terrible, StJohnstone fans will tell you Tommy Wright played better football than Mcinnes which says it all. when he has had the chance to show ambition and have a go particularly against Celtic both before and after Rodgers we have mostly laid  down to them. The football quality is why I want change I didn't want him to start with because of it and I want him gone because of it. It is not the fans job to appoint a replacement that is the job of the board who will be judged on it, but post Covid who is going to pay to come and watch the garbage we are currently watching ? The football quality is something Cormack promised to change and as far as I am concerned Mcinnes has failed miserably

When was the last time we played this mythical entertaining football?

36 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Those are all managers who have won as much or more silverware than McInnes. 

You've had managers to Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Caley Thistle, St Mirren etc who have all punched way above their weight as well. 

We are bang average mate. We're playing some of the worst football in the league, we're dropping points against bottom clubs, we lost to Hearts last season in the cup, St Mirren this season.

If you're happy with poor performances, not challenging the bigger teams in games and just being happy to finish in 3rd or 4th place, then that's fine. You accept the mediocracy and the lack of wanting to be any better than just "taking part"

Which of those managers would you like to succeed McInnes?

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

When was the last time we played this mythical entertaining football?

Which of those managers would you like to succeed McInnes?

September/October time last year.  Before that December 2016 to May 2017.

So - not really mythical

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

When was the last time we played this mythical entertaining football?

 

As recently as 2017; balls out we were going then; 7-0s and all sorts - off the page.

 

And fucking Del in charge as well.

For me son, its this existing as a fact - with Del being in charge both of then, when we were ace and destroying cunts and now, where we play jaw-droppingly dull shite week in week out - shows hes done; hes got nowt less to give - its all head above water, doggy paddling desperately for a wall to grab hold of, 'Pull me oot maw - Im aff hame to glesgae'.

We're deep into the tarnishing rep days now BHL son - every week with shite on display and pish dribbled out his mouth, its another notch added to the corners of all our mouths; properly cranky bastards we are now, fists balled up and lips a curling.

No reason to become excited, nothing said by folks in charge that gives you any sort of faint hope theres something exciting coming up round the corner - downplay at every turn, coupled with excuse-making and what ifs.

sure - maybes there will be a delay in getting the right cunt in; it wouldnae be ace if it went right all the time - but at least theres energy and hope and fucking desire by golly son...been much too long since we were tasting that sweet sugary sweetness.

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

When was the last time we played this mythical entertaining football?

Which of those managers would you like to succeed McInnes?

I'm pointing out that there are managers out there who are making smaller clubs punch above their weight, and winning trophies on a fraction of the budget McInnes has, 

I bet you were bleating the same thing before McInnes came in,  probably didn't think his credentials weren't good enough either. Now look at you, the sun shining out of his arse. 

 

regarding the football, even Hearts fans are saying we're a bunch of Hammer Throwers. Every team in the leagues fans seem to say the same thing, we're absolutely brutal to watch. 

Edited by StandFree1982

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, NEM said:

September/October time last year.  Before that December 2016 to May 2017.

So - not really mythical

I think it shows McInnes has zero plan B. We play good football till it goes waywards, whether we're exposed by side or we lose a vital player, and we resort to the same, shite football to try and grind results out. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

A season and a half, come on tell me who we have Hammered since the 2017 Scottish cup final ? Apart from Minnows in Europe the Odd early round of the cup and the likes of Dundee or Hamilton. The football has been dross since Day one with a few exceptions with the best being the latter half of the 16/17 season which was his peak. Were you not at the 2014 League Cup final comfortably the worst cup final I have been to if not the worst match. We don't expect to win the league or the Europa League but surely we can expect to be entertained from time to time

So you want me to name them but I’m not allowed to as supposedly for some reason dundee and Hamilton don’t count. 
Yes I was at the 2014 and it was a crap game but didn’t see anyone complaining at the time when we won the cup same as the crap 1990 final 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, StandFree1982 said:

I think it shows McInnes has zero plan B. We play good football till it goes waywards, whether we're exposed by side or we lose a vital player, and we resort to the same, shite football to try and grind results out. 

He has shown over 8 Years that the grinding out results is his default setting, playing good football is something that appears for a short time every now and again

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Dad said:

As recently as 2017; balls out we were going then; 7-0s and all sorts - off the page.

 

And fucking Del in charge as well.

For me son, its this existing as a fact - with Del being in charge both of then, when we were ace and destroying cunts and now, where we play jaw-droppingly dull shite week in week out - shows hes done; hes got nowt less to give - its all head above water, doggy paddling desperately for a wall to grab hold of, 'Pull me oot maw - Im aff hame to glesgae'.

We're deep into the tarnishing rep days now BHL son - every week with shite on display and pish dribbled out his mouth, its another notch added to the corners of all our mouths; properly cranky bastards we are now, fists balled up and lips a curling.

No reason to become excited, nothing said by folks in charge that gives you any sort of faint hope theres something exciting coming up round the corner - downplay at every turn, coupled with excuse-making and what ifs.

sure - maybes there will be a delay in getting the right cunt in; it wouldnae be ace if it went right all the time - but at least theres energy and hope and fucking desire by golly son...been much too long since we were tasting that sweet sugary sweetness.

Spot on, Dad. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, thurso said:

So you want me to name them but I’m not allowed to as supposedly for some reason dundee and Hamilton don’t count. 
Yes I was at the 2014 and it was a crap game but didn’t see anyone complaining at the time when we won the cup same as the crap 1990 final 

So in 4 Years with the 3rd biggest budget in the league we have a few hammerings in there against Dundee and Hamilton and maybe a 4-1 against Stmirren. We beat Hibs 4-1 a couple of years back. We were also just hammered by Ross County we have had 4 & 5 goal humpings by both the cheeks. 1990 wasn't the best final but it was much better than 2014 and also we won the League cup that season in a great game against the Huns and I think quoting a season where we won both cups by beating both Cheeks and comparing it with the 2014 cup win where by the way we didn't play either Celtic or Huns to get to the final is desperate

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

So in 4 Years with the 3rd biggest budget in the league we have a few hammerings in there against Dundee and Hamilton and maybe a 4-1 against Stmirren. We beat Hibs 4-1 a couple of years back. We were also just hammered by Ross County we have had 4 & 5 goal humpings by both the cheeks. 1990 wasn't the best final but it was much better than 2014 and also we won the League cup that season in a great game against the Huns and I think quoting a season where we won both cups by beating both Cheeks and comparing it with the 2014 cup win where by the way we didn't play either Celtic or Huns to get to the final is desperate

Did you celebrate the 2014 cup final or did you think I won’t bother is only the league cup and we didn’t beat either of the old firm to do it so it doesn’t matter. Of course you didn’t in the cups you can only beat the teams put in front of you. I bet the teams that won cups that were mentioned earlier had easy cup runs but you won’t hear their fans complaining 

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, thurso said:

Did you celebrate the 2014 cup final or did you think I won’t bother is only the league cup and we didn’t beat either of the old firm to do it so it doesn’t matter. Of course you didn’t in the cups you can only beat the teams put in front of you. I bet the teams that won cups that were mentioned earlier had easy cup runs but you won’t hear their fans complaining 

Jesus fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone who canna see it's gone stale around the club doesnae have their eyes open. McInnes has been in a rut since the huns job thing, thanks entirely to that fud Milne and it's now getting toward complacency. It's clear AFC needs a clean broom - the signs lately are that the wheels are threatening to come aff

Share this post


Link to post
59 minutes ago, thurso said:

Did you celebrate the 2014 cup final or did you think I won’t bother is only the league cup and we didn’t beat either of the old firm to do it so it doesn’t matter. Of course you didn’t in the cups you can only beat the teams put in front of you. I bet the teams that won cups that were mentioned earlier had easy cup runs but you won’t hear their fans complaining 

In the league cup, the following teams beat the Glasgow teams in Glasgow and won the competition.

Kilmarnock beat Celtic in the 2011 league cup final

St Mirren beat Celtic in the 2012 league cup semi final

Ross County beat Celtic in 2016 league cup semi final

In the Scottish Cup

Dundee Utd beat Rangers in the 2010 QF (Ross County beat Celtic in the semi final)

Hearts beat Celtic in the 2012 SF

Caley beat Celtic in the 2015 SF

Hibs beat Rangers in the 2016 final

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Did you celebrate the 2014 cup final or did you think I won’t bother is only the league cup and we didn’t beat either of the old firm to do it so it doesn’t matter. Of course you didn’t in the cups you can only beat the teams put in front of you. I bet the teams that won cups that were mentioned earlier had easy cup runs but you won’t hear their fans complaining 

Exactly

Folk are so pissed off and whingeing just now that they are retrospectively being miserable bastards.

If we won the league cup every year everyone would (should) love it. I'd rather win a cup without beating the old firm to do it than beat the old firm (won at Celtic Park and beat the Huns at Ibrox and Hampden during Mcinnes time in cups) and not.

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Your points above are mostly valid, but you miss from your post is that for the most part of the Mcinnes tenure the football has been Horrible on the eye.

Complete and utter shite there. 13 14 15 16 17 were all attractive football. 18 19 20 + 21. 5 good v 4 bad. Give it 2 more seasons of shite then you have a point. 

Edited by Durrant Dived

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Durrant Dived said:

Complete and utter shite there. 14 15 16 17 were all attractive football. 18 19 20 + 21. 5 good v 4 bad. Give it 2 more seasons of shite then you have a point. 

Problem there is the good ones are the first 5 and the shite ones are the last 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Problem there is the good ones are the first 5 and the shite ones are the last 4.

Agree.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Anyone who canna see it's gone stale around the club doesnae have their eyes open. McInnes has been in a rut since the huns job thing, thanks entirely to that fud Milne and it's now getting toward complacency. It's clear AFC needs a clean broom - the signs lately are that the wheels are threatening to come aff

Totally agree, the games are boring long ball shite.

We are a tame version of Hearts, hammer throwers without the red cards and constant hacking.

Season tickets will surely drop next season, some of the drop will be down to folk having less money in their pockets, some will be down to the pish poor football on show.

The most telling thing about the quality of football on show over the last few years was in the spring of last year, when the league was called, I genuinely didn't miss the games. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, shut up meg said:

Totally agree, the games are boring long ball shite.

We are a tame version of Hearts, hammer throwers without the red cards and constant hacking.

Season tickets will surely drop next season, some of the drop will be down to folk having less money in their pockets, some will be down to the pish poor football on show.

The most telling thing about the quality of football on show over the last few years was in the spring of last year, when the league was called, I genuinely didn't miss the games. 

Crowds being back would be the one thing that would give things a bounce, ticket wise, but that looks increasingly unlikely by the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think it shows McInnes has zero plan B. We play good football till it goes waywards, whether we're exposed by side or we lose a vital player, and we resort to the same, shite football to try and grind results out. 

There is also a valid concern that when he does hit on a winning formula, (sept 20 for instance) its possibly more luck than judgement (nowt wrong with that) but which he then doesn’t seem to recognise as such and is determined to change it again tombola stylee or worse, ignore it to slip back to turgid central 5-4-1

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

Totally agree, the games are boring long ball shite.

We are a tame version of Hearts, hammer throwers without the red cards and constant hacking.

Season tickets will surely drop next season, some of the drop will be down to folk having less money in their pockets, some will be down to the pish poor football on show.

The most telling thing about the quality of football on show over the last few years was in the spring of last year, when the league was called, I genuinely didn't miss the games. 

I can ignore base level football when it works.  The trouble is you’ve nowhere to turn when it doesn’t (see N.Lennon for details).

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, thurso said:

Did you celebrate the 2014 cup final or did you think I won’t bother is only the league cup and we didn’t beat either of the old firm to do it so it doesn’t matter. Of course you didn’t in the cups you can only beat the teams put in front of you. I bet the teams that won cups that were mentioned earlier had easy cup runs but you won’t hear their fans complaining 

Of course I celebrated the win, it was a great achievement at the time but so was the 1995 league cup win, but we didn't use it to justify keeping Roy Aitken 

Share this post


Link to post

I think dad nailed it further up. 

He just doesn't look as motivated or as animated as he did earlier in his reign.  He looks a bit burned out tbh. 

It all seems like hard work now. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Of course I celebrated the win, it was a great achievement at the time but so was the 1995 league cup win, but we didn't use it to justify keeping Roy Aitken 

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 

and yes I know that is a lot of clap.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NEM said:

The 92/93 team would beat any McInnes team.  They'd put at least 5 past the current lot

Thought we were talking about the manager, not the team. A lot easier managing the dons pre 95 when we were still a force, had good players already kicking about and Celtic were comically bad 

 

edit to confirm though.... McInnes oot

Edited by Byrne Baby Byrne

Share this post


Link to post

Am I missing something re McInnes and good football? 
 

I remember when we had ambitions about maybe winning the league and more trophies, the football was pretty brutal old school stuff, but no one minded because there was hope of things to come. 
 

Almost none of those things materialised (another trophy, qualifying for Europe) and the football by in large has stayed the same pragmatic, do the basics first, percentages type stuff that gets everyone so annoyed. We know now he can't take us any further, the club has a choice to either stick and probably finish top 4/5 playing ugly football and not much else, or take a chance on someone willing to be brave and get us playing. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Am I missing something re McInnes and good football? 
 

I remember when we had ambitions about maybe winning the league and more trophies, the football was pretty brutal old school stuff, but no one minded because there was hope of things to come. 
 

Almost none of those things materialised (another trophy, qualifying for Europe) and the football by in large has stayed the same pragmatic, do the basics first, percentages type stuff that gets everyone so annoyed. We know now he can't take us any further, the club has a choice to either stick and probably finish top 4/5 playing ugly football and not much else, or take a chance on someone willing to be brave and get us playing. 
 

 

The 2015-17 team played some good stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post

You could break his reign down into 4 stages

2013-15 things were better than before, you could see the team was developing, picked up the trophy 

2015-17 peak years 

2017-19 mixed attempts to rebuild after 2017.  Marred by Sunderland and Hun distractions.  Cautiousness starts to increase. 

2019-21 Decline, no clear rebuilding strategy. Clear deterioration of quality of football. Increased cautiousness and game management. 

Share this post


Link to post

Another interesting trio of games for DM that may, just may, determine his future one way or another.

Should we lose two or even three of the Motherwell and Livingston double header games DC definitely has a decision to consider.

However if we go undefeated, winning at least a couple, nothing will happen whatsoever, certainly not until the summer at the very earliest.

Games against Well with a new manager and Livvy on a very hot run could be very interesting indeed 🤔.

Edited by Woody21
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...