Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

3 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

This is the reality. Send out a team containing those you mention and we would see an entirely different scenario to that we have seen recently. That kind of quality has not been replaced and I see no way to do so. We're shopping in the English league 1/2 freebie market. Which doesn't get you guaranteed quality of that kind.

This and always remember we picked up Rooney, Shinnie, McLean and Hayes from "lower" Scottish clubs so proved that model does work.

Just shows how our recruitment since then has not been as successful.

12 minutes ago, Lan_Lad said:

This is the reality. Send out a team containing those you mention and we would see an entirely different scenario to that we have seen recently. That kind of quality has not been replaced and I see no way to do so. We're shopping in the English league 1/2 freebie market. Which doesn't get you guaranteed quality of that kind.

It's another one to lay at the manager's door I'm afraid. 

The wage bill has escalated yet he has been unable to replace players competently. 

18 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

This and always remember we picked up Rooney, Shinnie, McLean and Hayes from "lower" Scottish clubs so proved that model does work.

Just shows how our recruitment since then has not been as successful.

Hibs are pretty much starting to do what we were doing 5 years ago now. Cherry picking the smaller clubs for their best players (Gogic, Nisbet) and picking up relatively young guys who have shown previous promise but have faltered down south (Cadden, Irvine etc). 

Been listening to sportsound on the podcast.

They are so out of touch with the Aberdeen fans it’s incredible. Foster going on with the usual “grass isn’t always greener” pish and Stewart saying it was ludicrous that Deeks job was potentially on the line against hibs. 

We have 7 points from the last 30 available. That’s pathetic and way below the standards expected of a top 3 team in the premier league. 

I don’t give a shiny shite that Deek has ‘savings in the bank’ this is the best chance for our club to get into the europa league if we get third and we are going to royally fuck it up. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, scottymc said:

They are so out of touch with the Aberdeen fans it’s incredible. Foster going on with the usual “grass isn’t always greener” pish and Stewart saying it was ludicrous that Deeks job was potentially on the line against hibs. 

We have 7 points from the last 30 available. That’s pathetic and way below the standards expected of a top 3 team in the premier league. 

I don’t give a shiny shite that Deek has ‘savings in the bank’ this is the best chance for our club to get into the europa league if we get third and we are going to royally fuck it up. 

2 wins in 12 I think it is now Scotty.  Which is just under half the season played so far.  Relegation form really over a fairly long period now. With advantages that many other teams haven't had. 

Not sure at what point they think it's OK to question the manager if it's not acceptable to ask questions during an extended run like that. 

3 wins in 24?  Would it be OK then?  When it's too fucking late? 

• Upvote 3
7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

2 wins in 12 I think it is now Scotty.  Which is just under half the season played so far.  Relegation form really over a fairly long period now. With advantages that many other teams haven't had. 

Not sure at what point they think it's OK to question the manager if it's not acceptable to ask questions during an extended run like that. 

3 wins in 24?  Would it be OK then?  When it's too fucking late? 

It’s mental how they seem to think that’s acceptable. Stewart thinks the pressure will be on if we lose to Killie today. No shit Sherlock. If we can’t beat the worst team in the league then what’s the point. 

I can’t believe im actually really nervous about today’s game. We should be comfortably beating Killie yet the way things have been going I’m genuinely concerned. 

one positive is that it looks like Kamberi could be a gem of a find if can grab himself a goal and start a run. 

10 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Make or break day now for Derek. If we are soundly beaten he could get his jotters and Tommy Wright now been there a couple of weeks , knows the players , will set them up well. Pressure on. 

No question of that. He’s been under pressure before but he knows today, anything less than a victory, however shitey, and he’s gone.

I would suggest a pishey 1-1 and he’s still tatties. 

A pishey 1-0 win and the can gets kicked down Pittodrie St for another week.

But let’s put all that to one side and hope for a victory 

30 minutes ago, BitWait said:

Make or break day now for Derek. If we are soundly beaten he could get his jotters and Tommy Wright now been there a couple of weeks , knows the players , will set them up well. Pressure on. 

I think a 0-0 draw might well see him dunted. A score draw might see the decision pushed back a week but another defeat to Celtic and surely to fuck the trigger gets pulled at that point. 

We have been very fortunate that Livingston have been having a results nightmare themselves the past fortnight but our current 4th place is still by no means certain to be maintained

1 hour ago, scottymc said:

Still astounds me that Ricky Foster gets a platform to voice his opinion

a wretched man 

1 hour ago, scottymc said:

Was listening to the Open Goal podcast the other day... Andy Halliday was incredulous!  He thought it was absolute outrageous that McInnes would even be under any sort of pressure! Kept on repeating 'I don't know what Aberdeen fans are looking for?'

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

Was listening to the Open Goal podcast the other day... Andy Halliday was incredulous!  He thought it was absolute outrageous that McInnes would even be under any sort of pressure! Kept on repeating 'I don't know what Aberdeen fans are looking for?'

It's the ideal situation for the Huns in the media. 

They get to back their mate and its in their best interests for him to stay as he poses no threat to their club. 

And as they are only interested in themselves and comparing themselves with Celtic they wouldn't have a deep enough level of understanding to comment on the situation at Aberdeen anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I just can't see them sacking him. He's here for the season regardless, I reckon. 

How I see it too. If they were going to bin him it would've happened after the hibs game given all the noise at the time.

Other than a results melt-doon from here on in I think he's here til end of season which gives the board time to suss oot long term planning 

1 minute ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

How I see it too. If they were going to bin him it would've happened after the hibs game given all the noise at the time.

Other than a results melt-doon from here on in I think he's here til end of season which gives the board time to suss oot long term planning 

Aye that's where I am too. 

They had the ideal chance and chose not to take it. Now it's looking like summer. 

On 2/18/2021 at 3:48 PM, Millertime said:

What?

He consistently says they are working hard but aren't showing the quality in the final third

He says that all the time, so what are you talking about?

After a shocking result, even if we've been thoroughly outplayed, Mcinnes will consistently spend the whole interview complaining about one or two decisions going against us, saying we were unlucky when we were shite, and not acknowledging that we weren't good enough.

13 minutes ago, shinniesta1 said:

If we can't afford a lump sum to sack Derek, how many poor results in a row would it take for him to be put on 'gardening leave' and some interim from within the club to take over?

Lose today and he’ll be on unofficial gardening leave.
No need to pay him off in full in a lump sum, we just keep paying him his £17k a week until he gets another job and we then stop paying him.
Or he agrees a percentage of what he’s owed to leave immediately.

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Success.

They can be as shocked as they want that Aberdeen fans don't 'know their place', but ultimately it's fuck all of anyone's business what Aberdeen fans demand. 

On 2/19/2021 at 5:48 PM, graham said:

I will take that on board Millertime  !Often  get too long winded and digress. I remember John Robertson was made mnager of Hearts and asked what his aspirations were,'to win the league'.Well said.good on him.Mcinnnes was a wee timirous,take off forwards hold on to the 1-0 win,bore the arse of us all every Saturday afternoon.I do apologise for the intemperate word there ! optimistically spoke of McInnes nin the past tense there.Funny feeling he might get a good result tomorrow v Killie

He knows his stuff that boy Graham !  Didn't know what Iwanted to hapen today.In the end I was really pleased Aberdeen won.Always want Aberdeen to do well.When we are doing fine  I can go months hardly contributing to afc chat.I get annoyed when we struggle and underachieve and show no long tem planning in bringing in short term loan players.All three did well today and teams do have dad runs,Maybe now Derek McInnes goes through to the summer and departs on good terms.Do not know how Derek McInnes and Dave Cormack get on.Significantly it isalways ;the Chairman',never'Dave','big Dave' or even 'David'.They are not close.We will only learn about Dave Cormack when he makes his first managerial appointment,I was encouraged that staying at Pittodrie beach area was not a problem to Dave Cormack.i think Derek McInnes will depart in the summer on reasonable terms,glowing tributes in the P&J,then the very interesting times will begin.

• Dildo 1