What’s the most ‘entertaining’ Dons game you’ve been to?

With all the current malaise around entertainment. What’s the most entertaining Dons game you’ve been to?

lots to choose from, but a stand out for me was a 6-2 win over Hearts at home in the Scottish Cup in 1992/93......From memory the RDS was still under construct...Duncan Shearer hat rick, Irvine, Booth and Mason...we had put 7 past Patrick or the like the week before too...

Too many to choose from but in terms of sheer excitement the 1982/83 quarter final second leg against Bayern. The roar when Hewitt put in the third would probably be heard if you were strapped to a satellite in low orbit. Even the sweetie paper rustlers in the main stand were singing along at the same time as the rest of the ground. Can't recall a better atmosphere than that night. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

Too many to choose from but in terms of sheer excitement the 1982/83 quarter final second leg against Bayern. The roar when Hewitt put in the third would probably be heard if you were strapped to a satellite in low orbit. Even the sweetie paper rustlers in the main stand were singing along at the same time as the rest of the ground. Can't recall a better atmosphere than that night. 

Best ever atmosphere at Pittordrie  i ever witnessed

Even remember the polite  applause the Bayern team received when they scored and it looked like we where out

Also beating the Huns 5-1 at home in 1985 very pleasing

Sadly a large  majority  of our support have never witnessed these classics 

20 minutes ago, Cambridge Red said:

11 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Best ever atmosphere at Pittordrie  i ever witnessed

Even remember the polite  applause the Bayern team received when they scored and it looked like we where out

Has to be. And it's the only time I've been on the park after a Dons game.

Hugged Leighton (who hugged me back with a big smile), hugged McLeish (who hugged me back with a big smile) and hugged Miller who couldn't even lift his arms. He'd left it all on the pitch, and he couldn't have been more soaked if he fell in a swimming pool.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Cambridge Red said:

My dad, no longer with us sadly, would have picked the same moment..I’m sure of it....?

• Upvote 2

Too too many.  Miller winning league against the Tims.  For absolute dominance the cup final against the High flying winning fuck all Jambos.

someone mentioned them in 92-3. Relevant this weekend also remember us against them in the cup at Pittodrie, the day Scotland won the Grandslam - the David Sole walk out day. 4-1 I think?

And to prove someone’s point above, Shearer day against the Arabs in 95.

2 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

A good one

St Johnstone semi final at Tynecastle (only lasted a half) 

The drugs and drink probably enhanced the experience also 

That's a good shout, Bayern 83 was great but I was a kid.

Tynecastle semi final was mental, I think that it was the most blootered support I've seen at a club match in decades.

3-2 win at Tannadice late November 1990

Duncan Ferguson had recently came into their side and caused McLeish (and Irvine ) the most difficulty I had ever seen him be under. United took the lead early on, Jess equalised almost immediately. About 5 minutes later Jess then puts us 2-1 up but nearing HT they got a penalty and equalised.

Jess then completed his hat-trick almost immediately after HT and from then on the game swung from one end to the other but neither side could add to their tally. Tannadice was packed out, tremendous atmosphere and what a bounce at each of the goals

3 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Great game, classic.

Some 2nd half.

Was a League game like.

Aye I mind the game sat in South stand when Paul Mason curled a shot into top corner I was right behind it and it was obvious it was in as soon as it left his foot. 

That's the same game I got verbally abused by both members of the Paul Kane fan club

A lot already mentioned,but some of the emerging Fergie side victories stick in the mind,like the Eric Black hattrick at Parkhead,82 or 83.For those of us stuck in the corner open Terrace beside the Main stand it was an entertaining day all round. The '81/82 semi final replay,and the final itself unbelievable

More recently Jamie Smith game v Huns,Copenhagen,Celtic snowballs.Was at that Inverness 4 - 3 game. mental

10 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Bayern 83 best at Pittodrie by far. Gothenburg the best of all time. Soft spot for the 3-0 at Ibrox about 30 years ago when McCloy got stuffed and I was on Sportscene giving it obscene gestures from the top of the Broomloan. 

Top two games for me as well. 

I also got caught on Sportsound as a youngster at Fir Park visually showing the Motherwell fans that we were two up. Had been invited into corporate that day so it's didn't go down well!

Ibrox 85 was a funny one for me.  I was old enough to appreciate the football (we were immeasurably better than them at that time) so I was more upset at the cloggers wasting our time.  But I was too young to appreciate the vibe, the surrounding atmosphere and the utter hatred.  That changed.  The series of hun fixtures from 87 to 89 were immense, not just the LC finals.

45 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Beating Inverness 4-3 away just before Christmas in season 2013/14. 4-0 up at half time. 5.30pm kick off and everyone was pished. Away support was absolutely buzzing that season too... sheep on fire and Peter Pawlett baby chants werent annoying yet

That was a great day out epic. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

3-2 win at Tannadice late November 1990

Duncan Ferguson had recently came into their side and caused McLeish (and Irvine ) the most difficulty I had ever seen him be under. United took the lead early on, Jess equalised almost immediately. About 5 minutes later Jess then puts us 2-1 up but nearing HT they got a penalty and equalised.

Jess then completed his hat-trick almost immediately after HT and from then on the game swung from one end to the other but neither side could add to their tally. Tannadice was packed out, tremendous atmosphere and what a bounce at each of the goals

This was a great game and it was a brilliant atmosphere those days at Tannadice, a lot of my Favourite games involve Jess moments. I still have the Bayern 3-2 game as my favourite and the 2-2 Bayern game wasn't bad either. The 89 cup final was special beating the Huns always is and the 82 cup final is in this category also