What’s the most ‘entertaining’ Dons game you’ve been to?

My favourite ever, and probably most entertaining game, was when we beat Groningen 2-1 in the Netherlands. Great town, nice enough people, lovely beer and weather, and I got to see the Dons win in Europe away from home. 

As a kid, the Copenhagen match was my most entertaining probably, I'd been to Scotland games before and was astounded by the noise, I never thought it could happen at Pittodrie.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Did you get fined for going on?

Was only der Hun that invaded. They had 2 sent off in the first half (Burns and Paterson??) and we had one sent off in return...Black iirc. Coasting the game, the atmosphere became toxic. Cant remember if it was 2-0 or 3-0 at the time of the invasion but they were trying to get the match abandoned. After the final whistle there was a mob of them waiting for us coming out the Broomloan. A couple threw punches at me and my mate, right in front of a couple of weegie rozzers...we obviously started scrapping back. Police cunts threatened to lift us.....a good number did get lifted despite the situation being totally initiated by the hun cunts

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Was only der Hun that invaded. They had 2 sent off in the first half (Burns and Paterson??) and we had one sent off in return...Black iirc. Coasting the game, the atmosphere became toxic. Cant remember if it was 2-0 or 3-0 at the time of the invasion but they were trying to get the match abandoned. After the final whistle there was a mob of them waiting for us coming out the Broomloan. A couple threw punches at me and my mate, right in front of a couple of weegie rozzers...we obviously started scrapping back. Police cunts threatened to lift us.....a good number did get lifted despite the situation being totally initiated by the hun cunts

You missed the joke.

Good story though, the pigs down there are no use. Canna stand them.

Ipswich tie was epic. English press expected an annihilation as had happened the year before v Liverpool. After the 1-1 draw in Ipswich, where were were the better side no question, their press were still putting it down to being a fluke result and that Ipswich would wipe the floor with us at Pittodrie.

3-1in the end but it was closer to 5-1 such was our dominance. Strachan missed a penalty to make it 4-1 I think. 

Was some Ipswich side too....England internationals in Butcher, Mills, Osman and Mariner (think Gates might also have got 2 or 3), Scottish internationals in Wark and Brazil and Dutch internationals in Muhren and Thijssen. Think they finished runners up to Villa in the league that season by blowing a decent lead they had in the last few weeks

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ipswich tie was epic. English press expected an annihilation as had happened the year before v Liverpool. After the 1-1 draw in Ipswich, where were were the better side no question, their press were still putting it down to being a fluke result and that Ipswich would wipe the floor with us at Pittodrie.

3-1in the end but it was closer to 5-1 such was our dominance. Strachan missed a penalty to make it 4-1 I think. 

Was some Ipswich side too....England internationals in Butcher, Mills, Osman and Mariner (think Gates might also have got 2 or 3), Scottish internationals in Wark and Brazil and Dutch internationals in Muhren and Thijssen. Think they finished runners up to Villa in the league that season by blowing a decent lead they had in the last few weeks

Also UEFA cup holders were they not?  Great game at Pittodrie

10 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

They were uefa cup holders too.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Was only der Hun that invaded. They had 2 sent off in the first half (Burns and Paterson??) and we had one sent off in return...Black iirc. Coasting the game, the atmosphere became toxic. They were trying to get the match abandoned. 

I've watched this one on youtube often. A bit grainy. 

48 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

The reason that the English press didn't give us a chance going in was because Ipswich were the Uefa Cup holders defending their trophy. We tore them a new one that night! I'm nae saying my dad's tight but I knew we must have done something special as it was large cod suppers with cans of coke on the drive home which was repeated the following season against Bayern, happy days. 

2 hours ago, Laichomoray said:

aye, after the first 1 - 1 game at Ipswich he said "they wont manage to play as good as that again" unfortunately  ?

Had a go at the fans too I think,or one of the players did

I always had something in the back of my mind that he had been a bit of a cunt about us.

Too young to remember much before Calderwood’s reign.

4-0 v Copenhagen was just a constant party the entire 2nd half with the vuvuzela’s. Awesome.

2-2 v Bayern was ace as well. Got hit in the head by a flying crutch. Good times.

Had the opportunity to go Groningen away but turned it down. What a bad mistake that was.

The best individual bounce I’ve seen at Pittodrie was either Maddison’s freekick v Sevco, or Quinn’s winner v Celtic in front of the RDS.

1 hour ago, chief_wiggum said:

Aberdeen 3 Ceptic 2 1998 Just watched the highlights again the game had everything, they got 3 penalties and missed 2 , 2 sending offs , an own goal, a Dons win vs the minky cunts and at the end of the game me and a mate were shown  close up on TV laughing, waving and giving the tim fans the Vs

Love Leighton shouting come on at the Celtic guy away to take the 2nd pen. 

43 minutes ago, NEM said:

The 1995 run in was something else.  Tynecastle being my personal favourite.  Looking like being relegated at one point - Dodds winner then news came through Hibs had scored a late, late winner at Tannadice.

Some bounce

The Dons crowd that day were superb, dragged them over the line, some noise.