What’s the most ‘entertaining’ Dons game you’ve been to?

• 1 month later...

On 2/12/2021 at 2:38 PM, Crossbow said:

Was behind Eck when he slotted in the equaliser - a thing of beauty followed by the most glorious of extra times.

What was like outside the ground after the 82, cup final?  I wasn’t there, but the ‘you’re gonna get your fucking heads kicked in’ sounded like the minkers were a bit upset...

Quality thread including an MT doing! Brilliant

i quite liked the DUTD Scottish Cup 4th round game at Pittodrie in 93 Got pished made a load of noise in the South Stand, wound up Alan Main and he joined in top lad, Bowman got spat on for being a cunt, minging! Then got on TV at half time!

3-1 UEFA Cup home leg victory against Ipswich in 1981, and should have been more.

Fergie wiped smile off arrogant Bobby Robson's face and two goal Peter Weir made an absolute arse of England fullback, Mick Mills.

Think that was when team started to believe they could beat teams out with our league on the European stage ?.

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A pretty drab 90 minutes, followed by an incredible 30 minutes of extra time. 

A great night. 

Lost my voice at this one. Shouting at Mclennan. One of the worst 45’s by a Dons player i have ever seen in the first half.  How we won i still don't know ?

11 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

What was like outside the ground after the 82, cup final?  I wasn’t there, but the ‘you’re gonna get your fucking heads kicked in’ sounded like the minkers were a bit upset...

They'd all buggered off by the time we'd left - most had gone by the final whistle - remember going round a roundabout three times with scarves trailing out of the car - didn't see many huns but loads of cops on horses with no sense of humour (probably also huns).

3 hours ago, Woody21 said:

3-1 UEFA Cup home leg victory against Ipswich in 1981, and should have been more.

Fergie wiped smile off arrogant Bobby Robson's face and two goal Peter Weir made an absolute arse of England fullback, Mick Mills.

Think that was when team started to believe they could beat teams out with our league on the European stage ?.

Agree great game.   Poor Bobby Robson aged after that game.   

Favourite home game for me would be the 1995 Dundee United relegation crunch. The noise when Shearer scored was immense plus knowing we were relegating that scum.

Favourite away game would have to be the 4-3 win up in Inverness when we led 4-0 at HT. The booziest away support I can ever remember us having.

Favourite Hampden memory is beating the Rangers 1-0 with Lewis Ferguson's header, they just assumed they needed to turn up to win. The feeling walking through the Hun hordes was great.

Also special mentions for the Tynecastle semi v St Johnstone and the 1995 League Cup Final v Dundee. That's the only final I've ever gone to thoroughly relaxed knowing the Cup was coming back to Aberdeen that night before we even had left for Hampden that morning.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a game I was old enough to attend, but the '82 Scottish Cup final was shown in "gogglebox" style last weekend.  BBC iPlayer - Scottish Cup Classics - Rangers v Aberdeen - 1982.  That was some game.

One of the comments that made me laugh was when Jim Leighton was described as looking like "...he auditioned for Gregory's Girl, but he was just TOO peely-wally to do it.".  Looks can be deceiving though - he was hard as nails and fearless. 

14 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

Aberdeen 0 Dunfermline 0 (Dunfermline win on pens)

March 2009.

Dunfermline 3 - 2 Aberdeen (boxing day 2000)

Very foggy. Arrived late and missed the first goal. All other goals were at the other end of the ground, which we couldn't see because of the fog.

Missed the last bus & train home, had to hitchhike back to Edinburgh.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Dunfermline 3 - 2 Aberdeen (boxing day 2000)

Very foggy. Arrived late and missed the first goal. All other goals were at the other end of the ground, which we couldn't see because of the fog.

Missed the last bus & train home, had to hitchhike back to Edinburgh.

Must have been a proper, pea souper if you couldnae find the bus or train stration, loon. The last train is about 10pm and the game finished at 5...

On 2/9/2021 at 1:41 PM, chief_wiggum said:

Aberdeen 3 Ceptic 2 1998 Just watched the highlights again the game had everything, they got 3 penalties and missed 2 , 2 sending offs , an own goal, a Dons win vs the minky cunts and at the end of the game me and a mate were shown  close up on TV laughing, waving and giving the tim fans the Vs

Leighton roaring at Burley before the 2nd pen . WTF was the 3rd one for no idea

In terms of ups and downs, mostly downs, the infamous Scottish Cup Semi v QOTS is probably one of the more objectively entertaining Dons games I've seen. 

End to end stuff for an hour and then an onslaught from us at the end which obviously ended up doing fuck all. 

My first truly painful moment as a dons fan, I didn't know how many more there'd be to come.