What’s the most ‘entertaining’ Dons game you’ve been to?

1 hour ago, donswin1983 said:

Must have been a proper, pea souper if you couldnae find the bus or train stration, loon. The last train is about 10pm and the game finished at 5...

That's what we thought. But it was boxing day, and the last train/bus was pretty soon after full time.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Queen of the South was a dreadful watch.  Every time we got back into it they went and scored again. 

Flattest I've ever felt during and after a game. 

Aye it was torture, but the entertainment you couldn't deny. 

I was only 12, to be fair, all I can remember is folk throwing scarves on the pitch and giving McNamara dogs abuse at the end of the match. 

Why did he get is so tight? I know he's a cunt, but I really can't remember why it was quite so bad? Did he do something? 

34 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I was only 12, to be fair, all I can remember is folk throwing scarves on the pitch and giving McNamara dogs abuse at the end of the match. 

Why did he get is so tight? I know he's a cunt, but I really can't remember why it was quite so bad? Did he do something? 

He was just rank rotten. His performance that day might have grown (shrunk?) in the telling over the years, I don't know. Not going to re watch it to find out though, most painful game I've ever watched.

58 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

He didn’t do a fucking thing, that was the problem. Bloody wage thief 

33 minutes ago, NEM said:

He didn’t do a fucking thing, that was the problem. Bloody wage thief 

Was he a sick note or what? 

Just looked like he couldn't be arsed? Or had he aged and tricked us into a contract?

4 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Was he a sick note or what? 

Just looked like he couldn't be arsed? Or had he aged and tricked us into a contract?

All of the above ?

Drove up from Edinburgh every day for training as well which didn't help his injury problems.  Cunt was just here to top up his pension

What was the game Charlie Nick nods in the winner against the huns , camera then pans to the crowd going nuts. Those mid to late 80's games when the casuals were at their height are unforgettable . I know Fergie was away before that particular game but " Fergies reds , barmy army , one two, three sway " will never leave me 

2 hours ago, redstrummer said:

What was the game Charlie Nick nods in the winner against the huns , camera then pans to the crowd going nuts. Those mid to late 80's games when the casuals were at their height are unforgettable . I know Fergie was away before that particular game but " Fergies reds , barmy army , one two, three sway " will never leave me 

Nae sure if you are taking the piss here but it was when a certain Hun dived. Cooper scored for them, Bett scored a pen and the the looping header.

The winner is somewhat overshadowed by the dive.

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Tims game was a memorable bounce, good away support that Day.Parkheid was good back then

My brother was caught on the Scotsport camera  at the Celtic game, when they panned to the crowd at the end of the highlights, holding a red and white laddered scarf above his head and jumping about..made the montage at the end of the programme too..

the cunt still has it on VHS..he even removed the bits from the tape that meant you couldn’t ‘tape over’ it...?

apologies to all millennial, Dandies for the antiquated tech references..

April 22nd, 1978.  Aberdeen 4 St Mirren 2

Dons still in with a shout of the title and Frank McGarvey has the Saints 2-0 up within 10 minutes.  A storming come back featuring a Willie Miller goal and a hat-trick by the barrel himself (how could we lose with God and the King on our side).   I still have a clear memory of the Dons attacking the Beach End and one of our players being upended in the Saints box.  Pittodrie went quiet, players and fans all turn to the ref - except for Harper who latched on to the loose ball and smacked it in to the top corner.  Fair play to the ref (T.R. Kyle, Bishopbriggs) for playing a good advantage.