Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?

Season Ticket Renewal - Yes or No?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Without any significant changes in the management of the club will you be renewing your season ticket?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/25/2021 at 01:43 PM

Given that the "happy clappers" reckon that our dissent about the club and manager at present is a minority opinion I would be interested to understand how many of you, who currently own a season ticket, will be renewing without a change to the current status quo?

I am a confirmed no so that is:

Yes 0 No 1 Undecided 0

Appreciate that this is not a scientific poll but would be interesting to see what this site is actually thinking at present.

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Thats the whole point. The people in charge of our club expect us to stump cash to watch a competition they know we cant win and they make no effort to change it. So they can go fuck themselves. 

Answer is no. 

How do you expect a club like Aberdeen to compete with Celtic and Rangers, both getting 50k supporters in every week (pre and post covid), can outspend us 10 fold and have the resources to blow us out of the water?  Someone would need to plough in millions to allow that to happen, and keep that money coming until we are successful. 

• Dildo 1
5 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

How do you expect a club like Aberdeen to compete with Celtic and Rangers, both getting 50k supporters in every week (pre and post covid), can outspend us 10 fold and have the resources to blow us out of the water?  Someone would need to plough in millions to allow that to happen, and keep that money coming until we are successful

Is that the only way? Oh well. I guess I'm definitely not renewing then. Thanks for highlighting the futility of me continuing to pay to watch a lost cause. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Is that the only way? Oh well. I guess I'm definitely not renewing then. Thanks for highlighting the futility of me continuing to pay to watch a lost cause. 

What other way do you think we're going to win the league?

We blew our chance in the years that Rangers were out of the league. We could have realistically won the league when we were only a few points off it at the split, but you're relying on both Celtic and Rangers to be poor(er) than usual for us to stand a chance. 

What everyone within the club, and supporters, would like us to do is win the league every year, no doubt, but a realistic aim would be to get that 2nd place and get that CL football. If we somehow managed to get through a qualifier for that, then the money brought in would change everything. 

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

We blew our chance in the years that Rangers were out of the league. We could have realistically won the league when we were only a few points off it at the split, but you're relying on both Celtic and Rangers to be poor(er) than usual for us to stand a chance. 

What everyone within the club, and supporters, would like us to do is win the league every year, no doubt, but a realistic aim would be to get that 2nd place and get that CL football. If we somehow managed to get through a qualifier for that, then the money brought in would change everything. 

Well fair enough, but if as you says there is absolutely no chance of us winning the league and all options have been exhausted, then the question still remains - why the hell should I continue to pay a lot a money to get a season ticket for that?

3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Realistic?  Nah not when it's ingrained at the club that 3rd is some sort of super achievement.

It's a huge catch 22 isn't it. 

Folk are understandably saying no, the quality on the park is shite, we don't know if we'll get in to the games, and we don't know who the fuck will be playing for us next season with so many out of contract. 

The problem there is though, with the club already pleading poverty, a down take in season tickets, means the signings to fill the holes left by whoever in this current crop leaves, are more than likely going to be offered lesser wages, meaning they are more than likely to be lesser players. 

People are also saying they don't want to renew with the current manager, also entirely understandable, the problem there though, is he's on a grossly inflated wage for his ability, and sacking him a year early would result in a payout of around 1,000,000. The aforementioned financial problems, probably would make this very difficult. If that is compounded with a general lack of ST sales, even if the manager left, which would probably still the the case, the club could really be up shit creek. 

My personal opinion, and one that many might view as naive, is that Cormack, who has undoubtedly put in his own money during this campaign, will need to fork out his personal cash, to pay off the manager. He'll also need to do it before the summer, to give the new man time to implement his own players and style, and to give the fans something to look forward to, rather than the abject boredom we are subjected to every week. 

This is a real fork in the road, we could be headed back to the banter years.

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Folk are understandably saying no, the quality on the park is shite, we don't know if we'll get in to the games, and we don't know who the fuck will be playing for us next season with so many out of contract. 

The problem there is though, with the club already pleading poverty, a down take in season tickets, means the signings to fill the holes left by whoever in this current crop leaves, are more than likely going to be offered lesser wages, meaning they are more than likely to be lesser players. 

People are also saying they don't want to renew with the current manager, also entirely understandable, the problem there though, is he's on a grossly inflated wage for his ability, and sacking him a year early would result in a payout of around 1,000,000. The aforementioned financial problems, probably would make this very difficult. If that is compounded with a general lack of ST sales, even if the manager left, which would probably still the the case, the club could really be up shit creek. 

My personal opinion, and one that many might view as naive, is that Cormack, who has undoubtedly put in his own money during this campaign, will need to fork out his personal cash, to pay off the manager. He'll also need to do it before the summer, to give the new man time to implement his own players and style, and to give the fans something to look forward to, rather than the abject boredom we are subjected to every week. 

If the tcheuchter bastard had any morals he'd be the board member forking out

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

All good points but i read elsewhere in 2022 it becomes a rolling c1 year contract. 

53 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

Given that the "happy clappers" reckon that our dissent about the club and manager at present is a minority opinion I would be interested to understand how many of you, who currently own a season ticket, will be renewing without a change to the current status quo?

I am a confirmed no so that is:

Yes 0 No 1 Undecided 0

Appreciate that this is not a scientific poll but would be interesting to see what this site is actually thinking at present.

Wants to disprove it’s a minority that won’t renew season ticket, puts a poll on a site where 99% of members are in the “no” camp.

?

• Dildo 2

If we were playing ok and things were going well, I could see there being a huge uptake on season tickets after missing most of the last 2 seasons.

However, if we keep McInnes (based on current form and position) then we're going to miss that windfall and the numbers will be abysmal. 

I'm unsure if i'm getting one. Depends on who else is getting one from my lot and depends on cashflow and what our team (playing and management) will look like next season. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

How can it be ever classed as a realistic ambition when they spend about 500% more of us on wages and can spend 9m on a player?

Especially when you have folk like Ernie who won't contribute BECAUSE we can't compete with them?

Daft

It's one of those. 

The supporter shouldn't be expected to pay if they aren't happy with what they are getting, but if the supporter doesn't play, it certainly won't improve what they are seeing. 

I haven't had a season ticket in a long time due to not living in Aberdeen and being skint, among other reasons. 

I was going to get one in the Red Shed this season, but I didn't want to part with £300+ for something I knew I wouldn't get to see. 

Ive bought every PPE, and will continue to do so as long as the situation stays like this. 

If I know for a fact we'll be allowed back in the stadium next season, I'll probably get a season ticket. 

5 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Tough one for me as I want to help the club by keeping my season ticket and DNA. But I'm really not enjoying what I'm getting in return.

We all know the football is brutal, do I'm undecided at the moment. A big thing also is I need to see a pathway to fans getting back in the ground. Can't be fucked listening to McDermid and Shinie anymore. 

I'd definitely buy a ST if they sacked those pair of old dafties.

1 minute ago, Sonoftherock said:

Won’t be renewing my RedTV or AberDNA. Will withhold until there is a change... upon which time, I will pay up the full amounts.  I’ll be informing the club of that in writing.

I'm assuming seeing your signature at the bottom of a strongly worded letter will result in the instant sacking of DMC.

Undecided if still not getting to the game.  Watching turgid fitba on the TV is not the same as being there. 

Yes if we are allowed back. 

Football is fucking brutal currently but id go back to Pittodrie tomorrow if allowed. 

Probably miss the day itself more than the game tbh. Meeting pals, going for a beer, moaning about the shit served up afterwards